• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisky vs Northwestern (fox)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching this shit...their special teams took the short bus to the game...their O can't hang onto the ball...their D got hung out to dry and makes dumb penalties...they're awful right now...like UTEP awful
How bad are the Whisky injuries? Any updates last I saw y'all were minus a QB/topr WR and like half your defense. Any injury updates players returning soon?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad are the Whisky injuries? Any updates last I saw y'all were minus a QB/topr WR and like half your defense. Any injury updates players returning soon?
QB was in concussion protocol, so should be back. Top QR was dismissed before the season started, so that doesn't really matter. Not sure about the D guys, my guess is they will start coming back here and there.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB was in concussion protocol, so should be back. Top QR was dismissed before the season started, so that doesn't really matter. Not sure about the D guys, my guess is they will start coming back here and there.
SC going through the same thing. QB on concussion protocol last week. Half the D on the sideline. Y'all got Rutgers at home next week right? I would think that would be a solid bounce back week

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC going through the same thing. QB on concussion protocol last week. Half the D on the sideline. Y'all got Rutgers at home next week right? I would think that would be a solid bounce back week

Damn why is everyone always picking on Rutgers? Oh yeah now I remember why. Never mind.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they're at home, and Rutgers is bad, but that still might not help them get the ship headed in the right direction. The real issue I have is they've looked like they're sleep walking in these games. Just sad really...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're at home, and Rutgers is bad, but that still might not help them get the ship headed in the right direction. The real issue I have is they've looked like they're sleep walking in these games. Just sad really...
May not right the ship but Whisky really needs a solid game here. Try to get some kind of momentum. Hoping y'all get some players back. Injuries have been killer this year for y'all imo

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not right the ship but Whisky really needs a solid game here. Try to get some kind of momentum. Hoping y'all get some players back. Injuries have been killer this year for y'all imo
Thanks for the well wishes, appreciate that.

My opinion is this team read they had All-Americans and that meant they were good. They didn't realize they still had to give 100% on every play of every game to win. I was actually disappointed when I read they had more than 1 preseason AA, just kind of felt this kind of year coming.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn why is everyone always picking on Rutgers? Oh yeah now I remember why. Never mind.
Y'all need to beat UM they're fans are starting to go into full ducks fan mode :L

Also I'll trade you Helton for Urban?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion is this team read they had All-Americans and that meant they were good. They didn't realize they still had to give 100% on every play of every game to win. I was actually disappointed when I read they had more than 1 preseason AA, just kind of felt this kind of year coming.
You're welcome. Taylor is actually my favorite player to watch thats not on USC. I don t get to see many Whisky games caught last weeks. Felt a lot like watching SC now. Half the team out with injuries. Not getting the most out of high end talent. Y'all should make a bowl. SC may be hit and miss. If they can write their ship and qualify. Would love to see SC/Wisconsin again. Y'all kicked our asses last time :suds:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, the issue hasn't been the All-Conference type guys. On defense, Edwards, Sags, and Conneley have been great, and Dixon was fine before his injury. It's the seven new guys who suck ass. And while our OL hasn't been at the 2010-2011 level, they are still one of the five best in America. Taylor was leading the country in rushing before last week.

The guys who were stars on a 13-1 team didn't suddenly get bad. Its everyone else who sucks.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers are in a tough spot . Can't win a 2 way tie with NW and won't win a 3 way tie with NW and Iowa . Even if you guys can right the ship the division is probably out of reach so it makes you wonder how much there is left to play for

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant american cheeses in general...but comparing like cheeses together, not cheddar vs squacquerone. Like I said, can't explain it, just my perception, likely psychosomatic.

Tampa is a cheese wasteland, I've had to resort to internet buying a lot. Never been to Murray's but I've ordered from them before last thing I got from them was the smokey blue that rogue creamery does in Oregon, but now a lot of people have it and it's usually cheaper elsewhere.

You ever have Manchego? That shit is damn good but so expensive up in PA.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only good if it’s very aged, but yeah.

And cheese is expensive, especially in America. That’s just how it is. Obviously I mean real cheese and not stuff like Cracker Barrel and Sargento.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only good if it’s very aged, but yeah.

And cheese is expensive, especially in America. That’s just how it is. Obviously I mean real cheese and not stuff like Cracker Barrel and Sargento.

What’s your definition of very aged? An of course the chain name cheeses aren’t expensive.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like most spanish cheeses. Manchego is pretty expensive here in Florida, It's more than double what I used to pay in California. That's pretty much true of every cheese here. If Kraft didn't make it, it ain't cheap here. Even when they do have it, there isn't any variety. You can get manchego, but it's one brand and one age.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s your definition of very aged? An of course the chain name cheeses aren’t expensive.
Or actually cheese.

As for Manchego, the best is aged for at least a year. Young Manchego doesn’t taste of much.

I like most spanish cheeses. Manchego is pretty expensive here in Florida, It's more than double what I used to pay in California. That's pretty much true of every cheese here. If Kraft didn't make it, it ain't cheap here. Even when they do have it, there isn't any variety. You can get manchego, but it's one brand and one age.
Any good cheese is expensive. Kraft “cheese” is not cheese.

Cheese is more expensive in the US though. A wheel of Mont d’Or costs like $40 at Murray’s and I can buy it for £15 here. But we’re only a few hours’ drive from France, so...

It’s just back in season now:
Vacherin Mont D'or | Murray's Cheese

What it costs here:
Vacherin Mont D'Or

And yes, some cheese is seasonal.

Last edited:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or actually cheese.

As for Manchego, the best is aged for at least a year. Young Manchego doesn’t taste of much.

Any good cheese is expensive. Kraft “cheese” is not cheese.

Cheese is more expensive in the US though. A wheel of Mont d’Or costs like $40 at Murray’s and I can buy it for £15 here. But we’re only a few hours’ drive from France, so...

I'm speaking USA expensive. I've spent a lot of time eating my way across Provence and Emilia-Romangna, 99.99% of those cheeses are not commonly available in Florida at any price. At least in LA I could get much of it locally. Manchego is a good example, In LA I could get a nice 2-3 oz wedge of aged Manchego for under $5, Here in Florida, it's $8-9 for 4 oz of 3-6 month, and I would consider Manchego pretty mainstream in the US now. If I want Mont D'Or I have to drag my ass to Whole Foods...which is a about as good as it gets for cheese in Tampa...and Florida Whole Foods is like an LA Albertson's.

I tend to like the super soft young cheeses or the super old semi-soft. Super aged Gouda, Mimolette or Parm, when they crystallize, are my favorites. Who am I kidding though, short of Casu Marzu, if it's cheese I'm eating it.[/QUOTE]