• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winfree to IR

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has played less games. But that isn’t the point. Hamilton has struggled but he’s a 4th rd pick in his second year who we need to know if he can help us bext year or not. Winfree clearly wasn’t ready and is now injured and hopefully can develop into someone who we may be able to rely on next year.
When Hamilton played well last year it was with more opportunity when Sanders and DT were both out for the season. He has played two games with Lock this year and while nobody is calling him great as Crash states he has looked better in his two games with Lock then he did with Joe Sucko all season. Might as well give someone who we spent a 4th rd draft pick on last year who showed us something late last year. It’s 3 games, we aren’t going to the playoffs. No better time then right bow to put him to the test. Give him the moment, see if he is someone we may be able to count on next year as he continues to grow or decide if he is someone we can’t depend on. Low risk!

Winfree was ready offensively - he was just judged not as good as the options on ST - therefore was inactive most game days. The Broncos probably knew that when they drafted him.

One thing - kind of obvious last game - was Lock was attempting to spray the ball around to targets other than Sutton. I do agree with your assessment - that Hamilton runs very good routes and hitting him in and out of his breaks takes timing. Hamilton, however, dropped a few passes this season when they came his way. I do think the Broncos will call his number over the next three games - to see if Lock matches up with him well. In the draft the Broncos still need a guy who can stretch the field vertically - like Sanders did.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask what makes you think Winfree was ready offensively? Everything I was told was that he was a stash and store player this year. Wasn’t ready but didn’t want to risk losing him on the PS incase another team claimed him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask what makes you think Winfree was ready offensively? Everything I was told was that he was a stash and store player this year. Wasn’t ready but didn’t want to risk losing him on the PS incase another team claimed him.

His play in preseason. He is big and has great hands. IMO - perfect for red zone snaps.