• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

williams the only pro bowler

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to respectfully disagree. Is he Calvin Johnson? No. Perhaps that is your benchmark for being a number 1.

I'm gonna answer in this fashion.....A #1 NFL receiver is a game changer, one who commands specific game planning to stop him from ruining the oppositions day. Specifically, he is generally a big man (although not necessary) with very, very good to spectacular skills which when lined up makes the other pass catchers more potent than they would otherwise be. Understand Washington is the ONLY place where P. Garcon has been deemed a #1 receiver. He is a very very good piece to have on any team. In the end, he doesn't have the size, speed or skillset to command the type of attention that frees up the other pass catchers on this team. This is no put down of Garcon, just factually true. I'm not of the mindset to settle for this. I would much rather have another great receiver opposite him which historically, has been what's made him better. Doesn't have to be Calvin Johnson......Imagine P. Garcon opposite any of these players: 1. C. Johnson; 2. Larry Fitzgerald; 3. A.J. Green; 4. Julio Jones; 5. Dez Bryant; 6. Brandon Marshall; 7. Demaryius Thomas; 8. Andre Johnson; 9.Vincent Jackson; 10. Steve Smith (in his prime) He would be great opposite any of these guys ....right?? So tell me this, if he were opposites any one of these guys how would you stretch your imagination to deem him your #1.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna answer in this fashion.....A #1 NFL receiver is a game changer, one who commands specific game planning to stop him from ruining the oppositions day. Specifically, he is generally a big man (although not necessary) with very, very good to spectacular skills which when lined up makes the other pass catchers more potent than they would otherwise be. Understand Washington is the ONLY place where P. Garcon has been deemed a #1 receiver. He is a very very good piece to have on any team. In the end, he doesn't have the size, speed or skillset to command the type of attention that frees up the other pass catchers on this team. This is no put down of Garcon, just factually true. I'm not of the mindset to settle for this. I would much rather have another great receiver opposite him which historically, has been what's made him better. Doesn't have to be Calvin Johnson......Imagine P. Garcon opposite any of these players: 1. C. Johnson; 2. Larry Fitzgerald; 3. A.J. Green; 4. Julio Jones; 5. Dez Bryant; 6. Brandon Marshall; 7. Demaryius Thomas; 8. Andre Johnson; 9.Vincent Jackson; 10. Steve Smith (in his prime) He would be great opposite any of these guys ....right?? So tell me this, if he were opposites any one of these guys how would you stretch your imagination to deem him your #1.

Yes, he would fit right in line with everyone except C. Johnson (NFL Best WR) and better than Fitzgerald, Jackson and Smith. Doesn't have the size or speed? Again, your high if you think he is too small and too slow. He wasn't a #1 in Indy due to Harrison and then Wayne. The only thing you are correct about is the fact that we need his duplicate on the opposite side which the team does not have currently. I have said for most of this year, if we can get Fitzgerald for Cousins, I would do this in a minute.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

stymie , there are 32 #1 wr positions in the NFL . out of that 9 on your list could be in the elite number 1 wr category . then you have a group that could be , and then you have a group that isnt

so yes garcon is a # one wr . its a matter of where you rank him now . i think he is in the 2nd group

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he would fit right in line with everyone except C. Johnson (NFL Best WR) and better than Fitzgerald, Jackson and Smith. Doesn't have the size or speed? Again, your high if you think he is too small and too slow. He wasn't a #1 in Indy due to Harrison and then Wayne. The only thing you are correct about is the fact that we need his duplicate on the opposite side which the team does not have currently. I have said for most of this year, if we can get Fitzgerald for Cousins, I would do this in a minute.

The point was he would be a #2 opposite any one of them. I never said that he was too slow just that he doesn't have the combination of size speed and skillset (he's 6'0 and runs a 4.42 forty which is two inches taller and .11 sec. slower than S. Moss) You make my point when you write...and I quote, "He wasn't a #1 in Indy due to Harrison and then Wayne." Why??? Skillset plain and simple. They all measure relatively close in body type, but clearly Garcon was deemed and proved less reliable than the others. In other words in relation to any of these others they not he would be the "go to" guy. I'll give you this, the only thing you're right about is having another like him would be a pretty potent tandem, but honestly, wouldn't you prefer someone better opposite him? Why settle???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stymie , there are 32 #1 wr positions in the NFL . out of that 9 on your list could be in the elite number 1 wr category . then you have a group that could be , and then you have a group that isnt

so yes garcon is a # one wr . its a matter of where you rank him now . i think he is in the 2nd group

Thanks for agreeing with me.......("then you have a group that could be" "i think he is in the 2nd group") Historically, #1 elite type WRs never are relegated to the #2 slot as a starter for the first four years of their careers then suddenly thrust into the #1 slot because miraculously they have become elite. They were and are #2's for a reason. I have NEVER said that P. Garcon is not a #1 on this team.......Never!!!!........I did say and will continue to say that Washington will do well to acquire a guy that sends him back to the slot where he's spent most of his career.....#2!!!!!

BTW: there is a world of difference between "could be" and "is."

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garçon is absolutely a #1 wr. Without question. If Jordan reed was healthy for the last eight games, garcon's numbers might be even better than what they were.

The problem is that once Jordan Reed went down, there was nobody to fear in the passing game other than garçon.

It's not even a question that garçon is one of the top half #1's I the league. He might even be top ten. Hell,I can name Fitzgerald, Megatron, Julio jones, AJ green, Gordon, as being flat out better than garçon, but that's about it.

If the redskins sign an actual #2 wr, somebody - anybody - who can take some of the pressure off of Garçon, and put Hankerson, or Robinson, or anybody in the slot, garçon will do serious damage next year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garçon is absolutely a #1 wr. Without question. If Jordan reed was healthy for the last eight games, garcon's numbers might be even better than what they were.

The problem is that once Jordan Reed went down, there was nobody to fear in the passing game other than garçon.

It's not even a question that garçon is one of the top half #1's I the league. He might even be top ten. Hell,I can name Fitzgerald, Megatron, Julio jones, AJ green, Gordon, as being flat out better than garçon, but that's about it.

If the redskins sign an actual #2 wr, somebody - anybody - who can take some of the pressure off of Garçon, and put Hankerson, or Robinson, or anybody in the slot, garçon will do serious damage next year.
Why settle??? I think that they should absolutely sign a brilliant, game changing, burner with superb skillsets. Your way is good I'll admit that, however my way makes them, with Reed at TE and Hankerson/Robinson in the slot absolutely lethal. Looks like this draft is gonna be really deep at WR.