• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will we go after AR?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go friggin nuts if we sit back again this game. Sure he'll kill us, but he will set records if we use the same game plan as last game. Hit him. Hit him Hit him. Go after him. What do you guys expect?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Allen and Ratliff playing this time- should be a little better... Should.

Hopefully they don't play as much zone and the stupid free releasing of Nelson. And these MONSTER holes. Zones are good for smart vets- NOT good for dumb rookies.

Need to blitz more. Creatively... when was the last time we saw a safety/corner blitz?
Rodgers knows what they do... so do something else.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What annoys me the most is that the Packers can figure out ways to carve up a defense when they get zone looks. But with the Bears in the same situation as they've been in most of the year, is that when a team decides they're not going to plan man coverage against they seem to get confused, turn the ball over and totally frustrated.

I hope Mark Trestman did some research on the Bye week to figure out what he needs to do schematically to put his players in a better position to succeed....whether that's running the ball more, throwing shorter passes and being patient instead of putting the game solely in Cutler's hands - because he's proven this season he shouldn't be asked to win the games anymore. It's time to put the ball in Forte's hands and take some pressure off of Jay. Make Forte the focal point of the offense instead of the passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not a secret that we have to change something up vs Green Bay. Getting pressure on Rodgers would be a hell of a start.

If you have Forte on your fantasy team, you should be grinning ear-to-ear Sunday night as long as the Bears keep the game close. Green Bay is pretty poor against the run, and they should be pounding him all night.

Weather is also supposed to be crappy. 15-20 MPH winds, temps in the low 30's with a chance of snow come game time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's No. 1 in the league against the blitz.

Having Ratliff should help.

A well-timed blitz here and there, but if they are relying on it, he will torch em'.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah blitzing Rodgers a lot is simply not a good idea. Some sure, you have to keep an offense honest, but he is notorious for destroying teams that blitz too much.

I'm more concerned about us not running enough on the offensive side of the ball. We were pretty much scoring lap to lap with them until they mysteriously abandoned the run. Run run run.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2014-11/81888749-06133616.pdf

If fuller plays they have a chance to blitz, but I really dont think Rodgers cares if they blitz or not.

In all honesty, I think Eddie Lacy has a bigger say in the bears blitzing, because if he breaks a long one when Rodgers catches us in a blitz I am sure Tucker will play base defense the rest of the night.

I actually think the bears have a real good chance sunday, Jay just has to answer Rodgers scores and it is absolutely necessary to win the turnover battle.

I am still waiting for someone to take out Sheas knees as payback for the collarbone last year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that vanilla blitz isn't going to do much against ARod... but our stupid ass Deep Zone scheme where players rely on others for being in the right spot doesn't work either.

CB playing cover 2 has flat- How many times have we seen him let the WR go thinking they had a safety over the top and he's either NOT there or is late- because he bit on Play action or was sucked by a TE or another receiver equaling in a GIANT hole that Aaron just plays catch with Nelson on a seam route for 17 yards on 3rd and 14.

What I've seen plenty is one guy not trusting he has help- and leaves his zone... Leaving a wide open gap. OR tries to do more then his assignment and leaves a big hole. Zone isn't working.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you only have one cornerback that can play man you have to play zone. Jennings gets all his picks jumping routes BECAUSE there is a safety behind him. Jennings cannot cover man. You need a team including linebackers and safetys that can cover tight ends to be able to play the defense we want.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope the weather is as crappy as can be. Of course, thats no guarantee that will limit their passing game, but if it does force less passing, that levels the playing field considerably.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah blitzing Rodgers a lot is simply not a good idea. Some sure, you have to keep an offense honest, but he is notorious for destroying teams that blitz too much.

I'm more concerned about us not running enough on the offensive side of the ball. We were pretty much scoring lap to lap with them until they mysteriously abandoned the run. Run run run.
He'll destroy us either way, atleast we should hit him as he does it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay doesn't turn the ball over, we have a chance. Hell, in the last meeting we dominated in the trenches, running for 235 yds, with Forte having a season-best 122 yds on the ground.

They need to play more disciplined defense, Ratliff and Paea need to dominate the middle and Jared Allen needs to fucking do SOMETHING!! Now would be a great time to do SOMETHING!!!

The secondary needs to play their best game.

The Bears have a chance..., but it'll take their best 60 minutes.

I would love to see them sack up, and finish the season strong.