• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Wade may be fucked

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Wade suspended indefinitely by LSU
ByBilly Embody 8 minutes ago

LSU has suspended head coach Will Wade indefinitely, according to a statement released on Friday. The second-year coach of the Tigers will miss LSU's game Saturday against Vanderbilt, LSU President and Chancellor F. King Alexander and Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Joe Alleva said in a statement.

“Recent media reports regarding Coach Will Wade are without question concerning to all of us," the statement read. "As such, we and university officials have taken deliberate and purposeful steps to fairly assess and adequately address this situation. As we have done since media reports first surfaced months ago, we are closely coordinating with the NCAA with every step. They have our full cooperation and we will continue to report to them all facts and information on this matter.

14COMMENTS
"All of us at LSU share the obligation to protect the integrity of this institution, as such we have suspended Head Coach Will Wade indefinitely until such time as we can ensure full compliance with the NCAA, as well as institutional policies and standards. Assistant coach Tony Benford will assume the duties of interim head coach.”

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Alleva is such a cowardly, withering turd.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything to this to be honest.

When the FBI starts buying Billboards around BR, I'll believe it's serious.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this F. King Alexander's doing
I blame the AD, always. Duke Lacrosse all over again. Joe should suspend himself, zero proof he wasn’t involved either. And if we are going off concrete evidence that isn’t there he should be held to the same standard.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything to this to be honest.

When the FBI starts buying Billboards around BR, I'll believe it's serious.
If LSU was any other major program this wouldn’t be happening. There is a landry list of all the teams doing the same crap, namely Tennessee. Is anything being spewed that way?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU was any other major program this wouldn’t be happening. There is a landry list of all the teams doing the same crap, namely Tennessee. Is anything being spewed that way?

I haven't a clue what goes on, didn't even realize LSU was a major basketball program.

I'm just making jokes about the billboards and all the LSU fans who cried Alabama cheats because I find the irony a bit humorous.

Also, I would enjoy laughing at Tennessee even more.

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the AD, always. Duke Lacrosse all over again. Joe should suspend himself, zero proof he wasn’t involved either. And if we are going off concrete evidence that isn’t there he should be held to the same standard.

With LSU unlike other Louisiana colleges there are several individuals (to include the governor) who have influence behind the scenes. I honestly believe they (LSU Admn) know something that has yet to make its rounds in the media

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all interesting but I think this may be common throughout college basketball. If you ask me these players should be paid the right way not through payoffs as was mentioned in the OP.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't a clue what goes on, didn't even realize LSU was a major basketball program.

I'm just making jokes about the billboards and all the LSU fans who cried Alabama cheats because I find the irony a bit humorous.

Also, I would enjoy laughing at Tennessee even more.
That is my point man, LSU is not a major program. We have had some of the greatest college basketball players in history: Pistol Pete, Shaq, Chris Jackson, Bob Petit and a few others. Never been a basketball school.

But you have Calipari who has cheated at 2 schools and has had 2 Final 4 appearances taken away, there is a list of schools who are on this wiretap cheating including: Kansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Villinova, Duke, Michigan State and others.

Are they being put on trial? No, because they ‘belong’. Arizona is going through it as well, no one is calling for their coaches head.

There is a clear cut double stadard. Everyone cheats in basketball if you are any good, LSU is just the newest to the party and are highly ranked.

If LSU sucked, none of this would be happening.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With LSU unlike other Louisiana colleges there are several individuals (to include the governor) who have influence behind the scenes. I honestly believe they (LSU Admn) know something that has yet to make its rounds in the media
And if that is the case, so be it. It will all be taken away anyway. Finish out the damn season.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point man, LSU is not a major program. We have had some of the greatest college basketball players in history: Pistol Pete, Shaq, Chris Jackson, Bob Petit and a few others. Never been a basketball school.

But you have Calipari who has cheated at 2 schools and has had 2 Final 4 appearances taken away, there is a list of schools who are on this wiretap cheating including: Kansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Villinova, Duke, Michigan State and others.

Are they being put on trial? No, because they ‘belong’. Arizona is going through it as well, no one is calling for their coaches head.

There is a clear cut double stadard. Everyone cheats in basketball if you are any good, LSU is just the newest to the party and are highly ranked.

If LSU sucked, none of this would be happening.

Seems worse than Albert Means stuff to me, but as I said, I don't really keep up with this stuff.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they probably do if we are being honest, and LSU probably pays people in football as well. Until there is concrete evidence, oh well.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all interesting but I think this may be common throughout college basketball. If you ask me these players should be paid the right way not through payoffs as was mentioned in the OP.

While it's common, to commit this kind of stuff the year after the big FBI witch hunt and as a 2nd year coach takes some major cojones.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they probably do if we are being honest, and LSU probably pays people in football as well. Until there is concrete evidence, oh well.

If people cheat, bust them.

You can say everything you've said in this thread about the Albert Means stuff, and that was just a booster. Turned in by Fulmer/Tennessee who was said to be as bad or worse at doing it, and there were also other schools involved with Means as well.

But in the end, Alabama's fault. Or that booster, or whatever. If there are 20 other people speeding and I'm the one that gets pulled over, it's still my fault.

And that's about all I got to say about that.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's about all I got to say about that.
That made my day.

If Wade has been cheating with evidence, I have no problem of him being fired. But I am sick of living in a world where we condemn with no concrete evidence.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources reporting the FBI has him on recordings talking about payoffs to players . That sucks , dude can really coach

Well, worst case scenario for him is he'll be coaching the prison's inmate basketball team. He can lead them to the state penitentiary national championship.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, worst case scenario for him is he'll be coaching the prison's inmate basketball team. He can lead them to the state penitentiary national championship.
Will Wade is not under FBI investigation, so that wouldn’t happen.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes no sense to suspend Wade but not the player/s involved . If the evidence is enough to garner Wade an indefinite suspension then there's no point on playing the athletes involved . I think you do neither or all . This seems pointless

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes no sense to suspend Wade but not the player/s involved . If the evidence is enough to garner Wade an indefinite suspension then there's no point on playing the athletes involved . I think you do neither or all . This seems pointless
LSU’s athletic director has done a lot more damage with less evidence.

See Duke Lacrosse scandal.