• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Hooisers upset the Badgers tonight?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully UW hit the wide open shots in the second half to close this out.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be precise nobody in Indiana knows. I used to live there. I asked nearly every one of them.

They way things used to be (which is what you're probably referring to) did make it hard to keep track of, but the issue was Daylight Savings Time, more so than time zones. Most of the state didn't observe Daylight Savings Time, so they were on EST all year around. (a handful of counties were on Central time though) That meant, when the rest of the country switched to Daylight Savings Time, Indiana didn't. If you asked most residents, they'd tell you that they were on Central Time, (because CDT=EST) even though their timezone didn't actually change.

They finally got wise in 2006 and passed legislation to force the whole state to observe DST. But a handful of counties are still on Central time because Chicago.

Incidentally, I was working in KY on the weekends when they finally made the switch, which meant I lost an hour when I drove down there, but never got it back when I returned. So Indiana owes me an hour damnit.

Those bastards!!!

But that does sound pretty confusing.