• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

will RG3 play 16 games ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will RG3 go 16 games? | Comcast SportsNet Washington

no one knows for sure . i think if he misses any games it wont be because the knee wasnt ready . i could go out on a limb and say his knee wont suffer a major injury the rest of his career

if he doesnt make it through the season it will be because of a shoulder or concusion or hamstring

i say he will be fine and will be healthy enough to start 16 games :whistle:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he starts week 1 i think he will start all 16 (this subject has knock on wood written all over it). rg3 knows he has to slide and get out of bounds more.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two factors. Has he learned how to slide and can someone emerge at right tackle? Hard yo say.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two factors. Has he learned how to slide and can someone emerge at right tackle? Hard yo say.

I am not so much concerned about any possible shortcomings on the O-line. That is always a possibility due to injuries & lineman are going to get beat sometimes due to the talent on the defensive side for the other team.

I also don't believe it is so much about RG3 knowing how to slide (unlike say Campbell who was terrible at it). It is much more about decision making. Go back & watch video on RG3 from last season (which is all over the web). There are way too many occasions where he took on defenders head-on or tried to get that extra yd or two on a play. That needs to stop except for in the most extreme cases (e.g. a winning drive in a playoff game).

It goes against the instincts of players like RG3 to play in this manner, but it is critical for his long term health & I believe that he realizes this. John Madden said it best when he was analyzing RG3 & the Skins late last year. He stated that if RG3 is running up field & sees daylight to the endzone (like in the Vikings game) then he should go all out. Otherwise - he needs to head to the sideline or slide quickly (even if it means not getting a TD, first down, etc). It was a good sign to hear RG3 state yesterday that "we all made mistakes last season". To me that says that he will at least try to change his overall approach. Time will tell.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to hear from Reps magic 8 ball to know for sure!

Magic 8-ball Neva Lie
:nod:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so much concerned about any possible shortcomings on the O-line. That is always a possibility due to injuries & lineman are going to get beat sometimes due to the talent on the defensive side for the other team.

I also don't believe it is so much about RG3 knowing how to slide (unlike say Campbell who was terrible at it). It is much more about decision making. Go back & watch video on RG3 from last season (which is all over the web). There are way too many occasions where he took on defenders head-on or tried to get that extra yd or two on a play. That needs to stop except for in the most extreme cases (e.g. a winning drive in a playoff game).

It goes against the instincts of players like RG3 to play in this manner, but it is critical for his long term health & I believe that he realizes this. John Madden said it best when he was analyzing RG3 & the Skins late last year. He stated that if RG3 is running up field & sees daylight to the endzone (like in the Vikings game) then he should go all out. Otherwise - he needs to head to the sideline or slide quickly (even if it means not getting a TD, first down, etc). It was a good sign to hear RG3 state yesterday that "we all made mistakes last season". To me that says that he will at least try to change his overall approach. Time will tell.
didn't mean to imply that he doesn't know how to slide. Agree with what you said. The willingness to slide has to be there .

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't mean to imply that he doesn't know how to slide. Agree with what you said. The willingness to slide has to be there .

Thought that might be the case. This is so much different for most of us than in past seasons. Up until RG3 we all basically hoped that we had a QB who not lose games for us. Now - they have an elite QB who has the sky as the limit as long as he stays healthy. Everything we are hearing thus far indicates that RG3 has learned from last season & should be taking a lot more precautions (along with the Shanahans). He is a bright guy so I feel confident that he will make the necessary adjustments.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think madden is spot on :10: