• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Jon Lester "not break" a rule again tonight?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people were saying it was perfectly acceptable for Lester to use an illegal substance in his game 1 start.

Therefore, it should be no problem if he chooses to use resin again tonight, right?

Will he?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people were saying it was perfectly acceptable for Lester to use an illegal substance in his game 1 start.

Therefore, it should be no problem if he chooses to use resin again tonight, right?

Will he?

If Major League Baseball and the St. Louis Cardinals do not care, why wouldn't he keep doing it?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he'll show his glove to mathethy and the umps prior to the game, if they ask... Since it was such a non issue, I doubt it will cause much stir.

I'm just hoping for an error free game.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a non-issue, then nobody should have to check anything, and he should feel free to use resin as much as he wants.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more concerned about what Clay Buchholz was using last night. Seriously, what the fuck was in his hair? And why did he keep running his fingers through it as he pitched? It couldn't be sweat; it was 40 degrees here in St. Louis last night. Someone should have sent in a hazmat team to check that nasty shit out.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more concerned about what Clay Buchholz was using last night. Seriously, what the fuck was in his hair? And why did he keep running his fingers through it as he pitched? It couldn't be sweat; it was 40 degrees here in St. Louis last night. Someone should have sent in a hazmat team to check that nasty shit out.

New product. Hair rosin. Keeps his hat from falling off.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lester say big green glob in his glove game one is a big buger and no one flinched..... #PEDSforlife

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put it on his right arm tonight, right? And once again, nobody involved in the game noticed or cared.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put it on his right arm tonight, right? And once again, nobody involved in the game noticed or cared.

Much like in the 60s/70s/etc. when players like Hank Aaron used amphetamines.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish he would've used it, it would've made the first game seem much less sketchy. Instead he didn't use it and it made it look like he knew it's illegal.

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New product. Hair rosin. Keeps his hat from falling off.

Haha! I guess that explains it. So what's the stuff they use to glue massive amounts of pubic hair to their faces?

Sorry, but after this game, that's all I've got. Kind of like the Cardinals offense, I suppose. :doh:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would've used it, it would've made the first game seem much less sketchy. Instead he didn't use it and it made it look like he knew it's illegal.

I think he did, he just moved it. Maybe put it in lotion like Wainwright does?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did, he just moved it. Maybe put it in lotion like Wainwright does?

Regardless, my point is why not just keep doing what you've been doing when you were having success? I don't see what the issue is with anyone doing it if Major League Baseball says the rules doesn't apply. I just think MLB should change the rule to make it legal so that there isn't anymore "controversy".

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't have a big glob of whatever in his glove after everyone saw it. But I see what you're saying. Why have a rule when its never enforced? Leyland got reprimanded by the league office(scolded) for not wearing his jersey under his windbreaker a few years back. By rule, he had to have one on. I don't think there was any penalty. And I noticed multiple times this season he was back to breaking the rule again. (Think he always wore spikes though)

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't have a big glob of whatever in his glove after everyone saw it. But I see what you're saying. Why have a rule when its never enforced? Leyland got reprimanded by the league office(scolded) for not wearing his jersey under his windbreaker a few years back. By rule, he had to have one on. I don't think there was any penalty. And I noticed multiple times this season he was back to breaking the rule again. (Think he always wore spikes though)

What I'm trying to say is...why can't he have a big glob of resin in his glove after everyone saw it? MLB didn't care. It would be different if MLB said something along the lines of Lester broke a rule, but they didn't acknowledge there was an issue with it.

I completely understand Leyland wearing a jersey the next game after getting reprimanded, the only difference is Lester wasn't reprimanded.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm trying to say is...why can't he have a big glob of resin in his glove after everyone saw it? MLB didn't care. It would be different if MLB said something along the lines of Lester broke a rule, but they didn't acknowledge there was an issue with it.

I completely understand Leyland wearing a jersey the next game after getting reprimanded, the only difference is Lester wasn't reprimanded.

Everyone saw it, and its technically "illegal". I think its more along the same lines. Leyland was already wearing a jacket, just no jersey under it. Someone in the media pointed it out. Baseball told him he had wear one, since someone noticed. Lestah prolly got a similar phone call. "Hey man, we don't care, The Cards don't care, but a lot of people are watching who normally aren't..."

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will he?

Please, Who found Lester to be using an illegal substance? None that I know of. The only ones I know that are doing that is you and Cardinals fans. I guess it's fair game on anyone people deem are cheating with no substantial proof. If that's the case I think Matt Holliday is using PEDS as he seems to have gained weight and appears stronger than he had been. How's that, does that work for you?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please, Who found Lester to be using an illegal substance?
None that I know of. The only ones I know that are doing that is you and Cardinals fans. I guess it's fair game on anyone people deem are cheating with no substantial proof. If that's the case I think Matt Holliday is using PEDS as he seems to have gained weight and appears stronger than he had been. How's that, does that work for you?

Lester and his manager admitted to him doing something illegal.