• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

will he return ?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
God I hope so. We desperately need another offensive weapon, and Walker could be it. NY's LBs don't have great speed, so we should try to create some mismatches with our RBs and TEs in the receiving game. We might want to consider using Hunter a bit more in this one.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Agree 100% crim and if you remember hunter Played Most of the game because Gore Was gimpy. also i think you will see alex go back to doing something he was known for CHECKING DOWN big play waiting to happen if he checks down at the right time mark my words with hunter in the mix

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God I hope so. We desperately need another offensive weapon, and Walker could be it. NY's LBs don't have great speed, so we should try to create some mismatches with our RBs and TEs in the receiving game. We might want to consider using Hunter a bit more in this one.

IF so, makes sense to me. try to create plays in open space, like naked bootleg to TE.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure hope so, we need to get VD and Crabb 1 on 1 coverage this game also just like the last game against the Saints

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure hope so, we need to get VD and Crabb 1 on 1 coverage this game also just like the last game against the Saints

I would be shocked if we see very many 1on1 opportunities with Vernon

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody better load it first. It hasn't caught a pass since early November. Six straight games withpout a reception.

Even without catching a pass, he will take coverage off the other guys. They know he is capable of making plays himself, as evidence as he was the leading reciever last time we played them.

The only thing that worries me is that he hasnt seen game action since the injury and hasnt taken a hit since then either. With an injury to the mouth he could be more cautious or be more prone to fumbling the ball.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll kill the Giants if they keep the safety help on Davis. Pozz just posted some cb stats that show that Ross gives up a 101 passer rating, he'll need help against Crabtree or else. I think that with our limited weapons, the offense still has too many playmakers for them to handle.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who is that linebacker that the Giants put on Driver? He might get some 1on1 coverage on Davis.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll kill the Giants if they keep the safety help on Davis. Pozz just posted some cb stats that show that Ross gives up a 101 passer rating, he'll need help against Crabtree or else. I think that with our limited weapons, the offense still has too many playmakers for them to handle.

Yeah, EK, I did see the stats Pozz posted, but Ross' line does not tell us anything meaningful. The reason for this is because it is an aggregate statistic. What matters most going into Sunday's game isn't what Ross did in Sept or Oct or even Nov, but how is he performing now.

With the exception of the rushing yards given up to GB, the entire Giants defense has been playing solid ball since Washington and Ross is a part of that.

Vs. Atlanta, Ross followed Jones to both sides of the field and held him to 2 catches for 10 yards before leaving injured early in the 3rd.

Vs. GB he was targeted 5 times and gave up one 10 yard completion to Nelson. Essentially, while he was in the game, he shut down the left side of the field.

That said, however, there are weaknesses in his game. Although good at staying with his receiver and coming back for the ball, he is susceptible to the double move which is something Crabtree has shown an improvement in doing.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even without catching a pass, he will take coverage off the other guys. They know he is capable of making plays himself, as evidence as he was the leading reciever last time we played them.

The only thing that worries me is that he hasnt seen game action since the injury and hasnt taken a hit since then either. With an injury to the mouth he could be more cautious or be more prone to fumbling the ball.

Can you imagine the first hand jam he takes to the face? He is an idiot if he plays. Even moreso, the 49ers are idiots if the let him play.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I have to say that concerns me where Alex Smith is concerned. The Saints played right into his hands with the one on one coverages which makes his pre snap reads very simple. When the coverages are disguised a little better he might have some trouble.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, EK, I did see the stats Pozz posted, but Ross' line does not tell us anything meaningful. The reason for this is because it is an aggregate statistic. What matters most going into Sunday's game isn't what Ross did in Sept or Oct or even Nov, but how is he performing now.

With the exception of the rushing yards given up to GB, the entire Giants defense has been playing solid ball since Washington and Ross is a part of that.

Vs. Atlanta, Ross followed Jones to both sides of the field and held him to 2 catches for 10 yards before leaving injured early in the 3rd.

Vs. GB he was targeted 5 times and gave up one 10 yard completion to Nelson. Essentially, while he was in the game, he shut down the left side of the field.

That said, however, there are weaknesses in his game. Although good at staying with his receiver and coming back for the ball, he is susceptible to the double move which is something Crabtree has shown an improvement in doing.

They have been playing well, but GB left an awful lot of yards and points on the field with a minimum of six just terrible drops (granted that's been a problem for us). We can move the ball on them. And if we can do to them what we did to the Saints OL and Brees, we win this game. That's a big if, but this D looked nasty last week.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have been playing well, but GB left an awful lot of yards and points on the field with a minimum of six just terrible drops (granted that's been a problem for us). We can move the ball on them. And if we can do to them what we did to the Saints OL and Brees, we win this game. That's a big if, but this D looked nasty last week.

I agree with all of this...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As much as a third receiver stepping up will matter in this game, more and more I see our DL's performance as the really crucial piece. The field conditions could be an issue, but our guys aren't exactly speed rushers anyway. Hopefully they can use their power and technique to keep the OL off balance and Eli uncomfortable in the pocket. If he has time to sit back, it could be a long day. Man, really nervous/excited about this one....

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you. The thing is though, that it tells me that Ross is still giving up several catches and yards. This has been a problem for him since he's entered the league. I haven't followed him much the past few seasons, I did when he was a Texas and his first couple of seasons in the league. I thought he was going to be great, and I thought teams were crazy for letting him slip a little. He entered the league getting burnt and these stats show me that some things never change.