• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Gradishar FINALLY get his due?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different. He carried those SB teams more often than not. And 2k is ridiculous. Lynn never came close to anything as dominant.

It is the amount of years that people have issues with TD In the Hall. Everyone has their own idea of what is Hall of Fame deserving and what isn't. People said TD would never get in because players similar to him that had shortened careers were not able to get in when they were probably deserving... I often feel like sometimes it is way too easy to get into the NFL HOF whereas the MLB HOF it is way too hard.

I mean Lynn Swann is a prime example. More of a fun player to watch then a true HOF.. If you put Swann in then people can start arguing guys like Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell and many other WR's who really most people don't ever talk about as hall of famers should be in the Hall. But times have changed for WR numbers in the Hall from when Swann played.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if you have the stats either -if you look at Gradishar he had amazing tackle totals, but some folks say those numbers are somehow inflated. He even was an Ohio State star so he should be getting Midwest votes.

I hate when people say so and so is a product of having so and so around him.

Of course better players around you make you better but you also make those players better.

Can't tell me Ed Reed didn't make Ray Lewis better and Ray Lewis didn't make Ed Reed better. They were both still elite and that isn't because the other made the other elite... You are what you are! Good players around you make you a better player but you just don't become an elite player being an average player because someone around you turns you into an elite player. If you are a dog you are a dog!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
114-89-1 regular season record and 3-6 playoff record versus 170-138 and 8-6 with two rings.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still doing this? Hell, pull up the Portland thread too while we're at it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people say so and so is a product of having so and so around him.

Of course better players around you make you better but you also make those players better.

Can't tell me Ed Reed didn't make Ray Lewis better and Ray Lewis didn't make Ed Reed better. They were both still elite and that isn't because the other made the other elite... You are what you are! Good players around you make you a better player but you just don't become an elite player being an average player because someone around you turns you into an elite player. If you are a dog you are a dog!
DC seen this?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you all.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00