• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard: Packers @ Cowboys

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, should we bite the bullet this time on a $59 million cap hit and not extend him?
i am tired of the Dak BS and prefer he plays his final year out. We can't do much but we're free and clear for 25. Cee Dee and Parsons have to wait for this time next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am tired of the Dak BS and prefer he plays his final year out. We can't do much but we're free and clear for 25. Cee Dee and Parsons have to wait for this time next year.
If we went that route, Lance would need to get a series or two every game, if it were me. And draft a QB. If you're going to do it, prepare. Never happen though. Jerry is locked in

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is not our problem.
In the regular season. Is that worth $51-55M a year? Can this club win a Championship paying Dak that amount of money. I say no chance. Love Dak, but making him the highest paid player in the history of the league won't work if rings are the goal

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the regular season. Is that worth $51-55M a year? Can this club win a Championship paying Dak that amount of money. I say no chance. Love Dak, but making him the highest paid player in the history of the league won't work if rings are the goal
no player is worth 55 mil.
So that is nothing but a trap question.

Having less than Dak is only gonna make things worse.
Funny how everyone thinks. Shit. We should just go out & get a better QB. Like no problem!
Again Dak isnt the problem.

If someone could guarantee me our next QB is gonna be elite. Sure lets get rid of Dak. But that is a fairy tale wish.
Our QB play isnt the reason we arent making superbowls my friend.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is not our problem.
He is definitely part of the problem. Are there other problems? Absolutely. Is he the biggest problem? That's up to each person to decide what they think I guess. To me if you throw Chris Jones and a top run stopping LB on this team we could have won it all this year, Is that possible or likely? Probably not.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Dak and this team can't win throwing 40 plus times each week. Throw early for the lead and run well enough to hold the lead. Dak can win playoff games for you with 28 to 35 pass attempts. Dallas did not value RB by committee. They were paying Pollard tag money. This was a mistake. As was the LB position. They should learn to value the rushing game part of football.

Now we need cheap labor from the draft at LB RB DT and safety real bad with only 3 picks before round 7.

do you go forward somewhat all in for 24/25?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Honestly - all their faults. Jerry is Jerry and paid a situational back every down money and backed him up with Rico. I thought Davis ran better last year. Also, they relied on an injured linebacker and another Michigan man in the first round to save them. That’s two big misses in first round with Michigan D linemen unless Mazzi plays ball.

Dak is who he is. Video game numbers against average or below average teams and then rough outings against good teams. It has been this way since 2018 but we swear it’s going to change.

Finally, Mike M too soft and can’t overcome the Dallas culture and does not have his team ready to play in a big home game.

All were very disappointing. Jerry had it right. The organization and played failed too to bottom.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Dak and this team can't win throwing 40 plus times each week. Throw early for the lead and run well enough to hold the lead. Dak can win playoff games for you with 28 to 35 pass attempts. Dallas did not value RB by committee. They were paying Pollard tag money. This was a mistake. As was the LB position. They should learn to value the rushing game part of football.

Now we need cheap labor from the draft at LB RB DT and safety real bad with only 3 picks before round 7.

do you go forward somewhat all in for 24/25?
The problem to me is you either go all in or you go with a cap reset year which means starting over at QB and perhaps some other spots. You can't just try and be "pretty good" every year. You build towards a SB not towards 12 regular season wins which is what Jerry does and Jerry can't get himself to sacrifice a year and always thinks we have a better shot than we actually do. But, a reset may be the only way to get him to a SB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no player is worth 55 mil.
So that is nothing but a trap question.

Having less than Dak is only gonna make things worse.
Funny how everyone thinks. Shit. We should just go out & get a better QB. Like no problem!
Again Dak isnt the problem.

If someone could guarantee me our next QB is gonna be elite. Sure lets get rid of Dak. But that is a fairy tale wish.
Our QB play isnt the reason we arent making superbowls my friend.
I really don't see how we are disagreeing here. You say Dak isn't the problem. In the same post you say no player is worth $55 million. That's what I was saying 4 years ago when they signed him and I wanted to let him go and draft Jordan Love. The only reason getting rid of Dak is a "Fairy Tail", is that Jerry has boned this up so bad. This team drafts as well as anyone in the NFL. They found Dak with a 4th round pick. Do you really think that if Jerry told Will McClay that he could draft a QB at any point in the draft in the last 4 years that he couldn't have found a good one? Everyone on this board including me feels pretty much the same about McClay when it comes to the draft, faith that he knows what he is doing. The difference between us and a team like the Packers, who just kicked our ass with the youngest team in the NFL and a QB making peanuts....they drafted Love in the FIRST ROUND WHILE AARON RODGERS WAS STILL THERE. I have said this a million times. I KNOW we can't move on from Dak right now. But its only because we weren't prepared to do so

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dak goes , Im just wondering when we start losing players because of the money he makes. This is the most talented team we have had since the 90s in my opinion. I may put too much weight on CBs and pass rushers though and not enough on LBs. I then watch the Chiefs with Mahomes. Honestly , this year may be the worst they are going to be. I mean they have Mahomes , Kelce , a couple of really good players on D. Their WRs may be the worst corp of any team Ive seen in the last 15 years. Their RB is a 7th rounder. His back up is a 1st rounder though. Im wondering where all their money is at. I hate to say it but it reminds me of those Donavan McNabb offenses when his best WR was Freddie Mitchell.
Then i think about Cooper Rush and how he went 5-1. Now those games were ugly but we won. Im just mixed right now.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why is Romo more loved?

For me it was because of what preceded Romo. After Aikman , We went from Quincy , Hutchinson , Drew Henson , Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf , Anthony Wright , an aging Vinny , and then Bledsoe , maybe even a few more.

Those 6-7 seasons between Aikman and Romo were long and pretty much hopeless. Then came Romo. I had seen him lead us back in a preseason game the year before he even played. I think it was against Denver. Then the next preseason Parcells let him start and play the whole first game vs Seattle. He looked awesome. Of course Seattle had their 3rd team out there but I started feeling that hope again. I remember that Monday Night game vs the Giants when Bill benched Bledsoe. We went on to lose that game but it was wild and exciting. A few weeks later we beat the then undefeated Colts. Football was finally back.

Thats my story. Just the hope and excitement he brought back. Of course there were punctured lungs and broken backs he supposedly played with. That along with him being just a true Underdog.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he retired? I don't think he was all that loved after his playoff disappointments either was he?
the interesting part for me remains nobody has come to Dak's defense. Maybe they don't need to.

I still think playing out the year at 59.3 should be strongly considered. Might to best for Dak as well. An extension adds nothing but pressure and PERHAPS the family of teammates have heard about wide eyes at the most inoperatune times.

Signed,
Confused

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the interesting part for me remains nobody has come to Dak's defense. Maybe they don't need to.

I still think playing out the year at 59.3 should be strongly considered. Might to best for Dak as well. An extension adds nothing but pressure and PERHAPS the family of teammates have heard about wide eyes at the most inoperatune times.

Signed,
Confused
I agree and I think they should either try to trade him if they can or let him walk. And it only has to do with the money that must be paid in today’s NFL for a QB with minimal success. We have had 2 decent QB’s since Troy that have had no success in the post season aka getting to the NFC Championship game. Now we could go into the preverbal QB purgatory walk of trying to find the guy and coming up short aka the Bears Skins Cardinals Browns etc but when you have a guy like Dak that can only get you so far what is the difference?
You’re not playing for SB wins or even NFC championship games you’re just treading water. If we are trying to find the “guy” is that really any different than what we have now with complete playoff failure?
I always thought you paid your players to win championships not just make the playoffs and fail.
I don’t have the answers but I do know this what we have been doing for the last 30 years has not worked and maybe it’s time to stop and do it differently . The in sanity of cheering every year and thinking in the back of your mind will it really be any different in the playoffs Is beyond frustrating. Or maybe it’s time get off the merry go round and cheer from a distance without the investment that has ended in utter disappointment since 1995.
As you say Pday maybe we will live long enough to get lucky and win one in spite of Jerry and his ways.

Onward through the fog
Today I’m not in a go Cowboys mood more of a let’s see what happens to determine how much I want to invest or if I’m pulling my chips, passing on this spin of Cowboys roulette.