• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard Game: Brewers at Nats

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a game! onto LA! Nats Park was pandemonium. Loudest i've ever heard it through the TV

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking loser marlins guy just sitting down

That guy buys an extra set of season tickets, and gives them away before every game for free to Marlins fans.

He's a nice guy.

I think that stopped though after the Derek Jeter ownership group took over the Marlins. He's distanced himself from them.

He was upset that they gutted the team, and wanted to raise prices. He was filling to pay the full cost of his usual season tickets all up front. But the new ownership group didn't want to negotiate.

Derek Jeter has done a worse job than the previous ownership group IMO.

He was willing to buy tickets from 2018-2020, all with money up front.

Well, this article says that he wanted a reduced rate, but in exchange for buying 3 years of tickets up front.

Exclusive: Marlins Man sends $200,000 check to Marlins for season tickets. Here’s what happened next. — Slater Scoops

The fact that he also goes to a lot of other sporting events is commendable IMO. It takes a lot of passion to do that, and he still has to meet his work commitments.

Here's an article that mentions he gives away tickets to games:

Marlins Man Spreads Good Karma: "My Goal Is to Get Other People to Do Good"

Hmm, it looks like the Marlins and he made up last year, and he bought tickets for 300 fans in his return.

'Marlins Man' reportedly to sign 1-day contract with Miami, ending feud

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I've ever seen a player get tagged out because he was already celebrating while still alive on the bases.

Isn't that kind of hot dogging reserved for basketball and football players, lol...

That was bad, agree.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Grisham is a stand up dude.

At his locker answering every question

If you can find audio or video clips to his interviews, can you post them? I didn't see any on TBS.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Nats, you can't say fuck Harper all season, na na na na na we're in the playoffs and ur not, and still not win a playoff series.

And the nats bitched and bragged only to play 1 extra game.

Welp......the Nats shut my ass up last night. Washington you may continue with your Harper ain't shit and fuck the Phillies campaign.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy buys an extra set of season tickets, and gives them away before every game for free to Marlins fans.

He's a nice guy.

I think that stopped though after the Derek Jeter ownership group took over the Marlins. He's distanced himself from them.

He was upset that they gutted the team, and wanted to raise prices. He was filling to pay the full cost of his usual season tickets all up front. But the new ownership group didn't want to negotiate.

Derek Jeter has done a worse job than the previous ownership group IMO.

He was willing to buy tickets from 2018-2020, all with money up front.

Well, this article says that he wanted a reduced rate, but in exchange for buying 3 years of tickets up front.

Exclusive: Marlins Man sends $200,000 check to Marlins for season tickets. Here’s what happened next. — Slater Scoops

The fact that he also goes to a lot of other sporting events is commendable IMO. It takes a lot of passion to do that, and he still has to meet his work commitments.

Here's an article that mentions he gives away tickets to games:

Marlins Man Spreads Good Karma: "My Goal Is to Get Other People to Do Good"

Hmm, it looks like the Marlins and he made up last year, and he bought tickets for 300 fans in his return.

'Marlins Man' reportedly to sign 1-day contract with Miami, ending feud

None of that has anything to do with him sitting down in the bottom of the 8th with bases loaded

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that has anything to do with him sitting down in the bottom of the 8th with bases loaded

Fair enough. I think he usually does get up during exciting moments, but maybe he was out of it yesterday.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading into the offseason, I though Machado was the better player over Harper, and I would have given him the bigger deal. Plus he played a little harder position defensively.

Machado had the better 2018, and I thought that trend might continue.

But, Harper had the better 2019. So I guess he has the edge again.