• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild @ Red Wings - 1|20|2015 - 7:30 PM

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit shooter actually scored. That's a start

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg. Wings win a shootout! I repeat wings win a shootout!

Zwings40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nyquist seems to have a new signature move on the SO. Mrazek was in net, so maybe that was a contributer to the SO win :) Wings scoring for once helped also lol

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the wrooooong period to do my weight exercises.

A couple of times on the chest press, my dumbbell weights were dangerously close to falling atop of their lifter.

It was ugly, but a W is a W.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless on how they got here, the win tonight was a good one. With the Bolts and Habs both winning, the win at least kept the Wings in second with a game at hand, and one point out. The Habs are right there also with two games at hand. Going to be a interesting finish in the Atlantic. Keeping firmly placed and the spread starting to happen in the wild card position, the Wings are looking good for a strong finish.

I'm really enjoying watching this team, youth movement is going well....now if we can only find someone interested in a used Mule.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they didn't really deserve it but a win is a win. How about Mrazek as designated shootout goalie ?

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game tonight, and just checked the scores. I see at the top....WOW Wings won a shootout?

Then I see how they got to a SO. WTFudge?
Well they won, who cares right? lol

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game tonight, and just checked the scores. I see at the top....WOW Wings won a shootout?

Then I see how they got to a SO. WTFudge?
Well they won, who cares right? lol

^^ The many emotional ups and downs of a Detroit Red Wings fan, captured perfectly in a single post. :pound:

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ The many emotional ups and downs of a Detroit Red Wings fan, captured perfectly in a single post. :pound:

In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't watch it. Blow a 3 goal lead in the 3rd to Minne-ha-ha this year?
I woulda been looking for my puke bucket. :gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't watch it. Blow a 3 goal lead in the 3rd to Minne-ha-ha this year?
I woulda been looking for my puke bucket. :gaah:

During that period I was a quite irate. When in your end, how do you leave someone alone (twice) in a point blank position?
On the first Wild goal, Kronwall moves out a bit in front the crease (for what reason is beyond reason), leaving Big E to cover both players camped in front of Mrazek, then Koivu tips in a shot. Bonehead move or what?
In the disastrous period, on the next goal, with a Wild player being covered but controlling the play behind our goal line, Smith backs up in front of Mrazek, instead of locking horns with the shooter to prevent his full range of motion of the one-timer. The player was about 3 feet from him; why leave him unattended to instead back up right in front of your netminder?
On the Wild's third goal, Big E, turns to follow Suter down below the goal line (even with the faceoff circle), leaving Carter alone to carry the puck directly toward our goal, then Miller stops and reaches for the puck, but misses, leaving Glendening and Kronwall down low to cover the 2 players on the doorstep. E has to make better quick judgment decisions than that. Why choose to cover the man going down there who no longer has the puck in lieu of targeting the one with the puck headed straight for the net? Glendening locked up his man in the paint, but Kronwall doesn't do his job by at least making contact with Vanek. He separates himself from him - for what reason? Even if there might be a rebound, he's unlikely to be in a position to secure it because he has put himself behind the entire entourage. Chalk up another bonehead on the wall for him.
Then, we all know what happened on Big E's bonehead play coming out with the puck from behind the net with 'pocket picker' Parise waiting in front of the goal. Why he didn't wait a little longer for his forward to come down to circle in the corner to get the outlet pass from E, is a mystery to all, including most peewees who play the game. Time was on his side; he wasn't a starving fox with a rabbit just happening to be running in front of him at that moment. Why he decided to come out before reinforcements arrived, gets him a second bonehead on the wall next to Kronwall's 2.
But, thanks to Mrazek, we were able to avoid a much different outcome than what surely would have been the case, had he not been better than pretty good. That poor guy was left to fend for himself in that 3rd period once again, just like he was in the 1st period against Buffalo the other night. We've got to be much more responsible in our end, keeping those thoughts on what's coming next, instead of what is the case at present. The players who are in positions to score are far more dangerous than the player with the puck happens to be who is either on the side wall or in the corner. Why we need 2 or 3 players to contain that player is mind-boggling to me. These guys also have to have a better focus on immediacy when it comes to getting the puck up ice. They are holding it far too long for safe transitional play up into the neutral zone; and this continual moving the puck back into our end instead of up ice, is dangerous - allowing the opposing players to make their fore-checking duties much easier. We are playing into their hands by doing that so often as we have been of late. The only need to do that is either to run time off the game clock or, more importantly, when the passing options have significantly been minimized to a point that you must backup to increase the amount of space that maximizes a greater number of safe passing lanes. Why one would do it otherwise, when they could extend the play through the neutral zone and into the offensive end is not making better choices to me. The better tactics being employed should be more along the lines of the philosophy promoted in the "Art Of War". Why is repelling taking an upper hand to attacking?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got home a few minutes ago. The game was pretty one sided - until the 3rd, when Minny finally showed up to play. A shame that they lost, but I had a pretty good time nonetheless. The Joe is a neat arena, with a 'vibe' - and a smell! - al it's own. The fans are very intense, but also friendly towards those wearing the enemy's colors. I was worried about getting in & out of town w/o getting lost/turned around, but really didn't have any trouble at all.

All in all, I'd go again. :)

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got home a few minutes ago. The game was pretty one sided - until the 3rd, when Minny finally showed up to play. A shame that they lost, but I had a pretty good time nonetheless. The Joe is a neat arena, with a 'vibe' - and a smell! - al it's own. The fans are very intense, but also friendly towards those wearing the enemy's colors. I was worried about getting in & out of town w/o getting lost/turned around, but really didn't have any trouble at all.

All in all, I'd go again. :)

the popular phrase among fans is that the "joe is a dump, but it's our dump" :lol:

i'm really going to miss the great viewing angles of the joe once the new arena is constructed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the popular phrase among fans is that the "joe is a dump, but it's our dump" :lol:

i'm really going to miss the great viewing angles of the joe once the new arena is constructed

Even the top corners are pretty good - I've done that a few times during sellouts; and, the 'standing room' spots are great viewing, for sure, especially to keep tabs on which of the seats in the sections in front of you are not being occupied. It's a great setting at the Joe for feeling comfortable with whomever is around you, Wings fans or not. One of the things that I really like there, which you don't see in some of the other arenas, is that the ushers will not let you move back to your seat until the action ceases. To me, there are two things that are very annoying during a game - an idiot with a noisemaker and people who are getting to their seats late, forcing the entire row to stand up, preventing many of those spectators behind them to miss what's happening on the ice. To me, both of those things are pure rudeness from the 'me, myself, and I' crowd.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the new arena have the same lively endboards like they have at the Joe?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know the answer to that one, but I sure hope so. The news about the viewing, though, seems to be a good one for most of the fans; the layout seems to allow for good sightlines, but I'm not quite sure what the specifics are.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you around Schlegs. I enjoy hearing your take on things. I watched the highlights last night. Tying goal....Errorson....dear God.

The ushers down here at Nationwide don't let folks in once play has started either. Big pet peeve of mine. Can't you folks wait until there is a break in play to get up? Pisses me off to no end. Arena seats aren't $5- anymore, either. ;)

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ushers down here at Nationwide don't let folks in once play has started either. Big pet peeve of mine. Can't you folks wait until there is a break in play to get up? Pisses me off to no end. Arena seats aren't $5- anymore, either. ;)

i'm pretty sure it's a league wide rule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not in Buffalo. Where I've been sitting for games, people go in and out when they feel like it. Fortunately, I'm usually in an aisle seat near a post by the exit, so I get up and walk up to the exit when someone is asking to get out. I refuse to block anyone's view of the game.