• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wiggins

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no saving grace for this guy. He is quite literally the absolute worst max contract player in the history of the nba. Hes actually one of the worst starting players ever as well.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no saving grace for this guy. He is quite literally the absolute worst max contract player in the history of the nba. Hes actually one of the worst starting players ever as well.

will definitely agree the guy's always been an underachiever...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's not 100 players better than me" -Andrew Wiggins

You're right. There's 200

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There's not 100 players better than me" -Andrew Wiggins

You're right. There's 200

I said that same thing to my friend after that comment lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember everyone being really high on this guy (myself included).

I guess you could say Lebron saved the Cavs twice that season. First by returning and second by making sure Wiggins was traded for Love. lol

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was pretty good against the Nets in the 1st game. Taking it to the hole, high % shots.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good against the Nets in the 1st game. Taking it to the hole, high % shots.
You mean when he went 10-27 for 21 points? Yeah, for him that was a good game. But thats kind of the issue isnt it?

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember everyone being really high on this guy (myself included).

I guess you could say Lebron saved the Cavs twice that season. First by returning and second by making sure Wiggins was traded for Love. lol
He is just insanely lazy and stupid. Ive never seen a guy do so little with what he has been gifted. Lazy, worthless bum.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when he went 10-27 for 21 points? Yeah, for him that was a good game. But thats kind of the issue isnt it?

I saw that Joe Harris made that list of 100.

In a vacuum, no way is Joe Harris a better basketball player than Wiggins.

However, in a team format, as a piece of the puzzle, his shooting 'could' be more valuable to a team than what Wiggins brings.

The problem with Wiggins is that his game is that his game isn't a role player, his game is 1st fiddle. Is he good enough to be a first fiddle for a winning team? No.

But that's the problem with these guys like Wiggins, Jabari Parker, even Carmelo Anthony.

They either are 'the man' or they can't bring much else. But if you went to the YMCA and one team had Wiggins the other had Joe Harris, Wiggins is the better player.

Does that make sense?

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, in a team format, as a piece of the puzzle, his shooting 'could' be more valuable to a team than what Wiggins brings.

The problem with Wiggins is that his game is that his game isn't a role player, his game is 1st fiddle. Is he good enough to be a first fiddle for a winning team? No.

But that's the problem with these guys like Wiggins, Jabari Parker, even Carmelo Anthony.

They either are 'the man' or they can't bring much else. But if you went to the YMCA and one team had Wiggins the other had Joe Harris, Wiggins is the better player.

Does that make sense?
It does make sense. The only problem is Wiggins is not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not an efficient shooter or an efficient defender, you've got problems...

For his career, by advanced metrics, he has never provided value over a replacement player.
Never.
This is his 6th season.
400 games of 'average' to 'below average' play.

It's an albatross of a contract.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the MVP of the D-League year after year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does that make sense?

Melo doesn't deserve such treatment. He was a much better player than either Wiggins or Parker can imagine being.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Wiggins is basically Carmelo Anthony, if Carmelo forgot how to play basketball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Wiggins is basically Carmelo Anthony, if Carmelo forgot how to play basketball.

So like current a 50 year old Melo except way worse, makes sense

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I need it to be real forever I will point out that Wiggins only had 1 mid range shot in his last game, the rest was 3s and paint! Also his rebound rate is up to acceptable rates for a wing.

I will assume the effort on defense is coming any moment now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins at this point can be called a "bust" BUT there are different levels of busts in my opinion:

1. A player is drafted very high and is just awful. They are out of the league in less than a couple years or reduced to a bench warmer role.
Examples - Adam Morrison, Anthony Bennett, Darko Milicic

2. A player drafted high is riddled with injuries, we really don't know what their career would be like. Honestly, this one is questionable to even be labeled as a "bust" bc injuries can be out of the players' hands.
Examples: Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi

3. A player drafted high that had solid, somewhat productive career but simply did not meet their expectations as a prospect and player overall.
Examples: Michael Beasley, Andrea Bargnani, Darko Milicic

Wiggins, right now, is in that 3 category. He was labeled as the next Lebron and the #1 prospect in H.S. He was at Kansas for one year where he really continued this hype, he was an All-Big 12 Freshman, Consensus AA and made the All-Big 12 Team in his lone year. Looking at his numbers solely if you never saw him play you would be questioning why he is a bust. Well it's the fact he basically hasn't improved since his 2nd year in the league. His 3 point shooting is consistently below average, his shot selection is below average (FG % has actually gone down since early in his career), he is a below average FT shooter at his position, he doesn't play defense and for his size and athleticism is a mediocre rebounder and below average passer. There is nothing he brings to the floor that is special. What teases us more are these flashes of "greatness", like scoring 16 points in a 4 minute span to win a game. No one can explain it but imo it is just his work ethic, his drive and mental toughness that is stopping him for succeeding. That being said, he is only 24 and has a ways to go. I don't think we will ever see him being a future star like expected but he can work to make is overall game better and I think that starts with his shot selection and defense.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo doesn't deserve such treatment. He was a much better player than either Wiggins or Parker can imagine being.

Better but similar in that he's not good enough or efficient enough as a scorer to be the best player on a real good team.

If Wiggins was as bad as you guys say he is, he'd have been traded years ago.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better but similar in that he's not good enough or efficient enough as a scorer to be the best player on a real good team.

If Wiggins was as bad as you guys say he is, he'd have been traded years ago.
yes, what team wouldn't want to trade for a player as bad as everyone says he is making max?

sound logic