• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the hell did they not use Blount?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this topic has been discussed.
Franky, I don't get it. So Blount had 6 yards on 5 carries total. Is that enough to give up on the run? He didn't even get any touches in the 2nd half, when the game was still young.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit all year. McDanials gives up to soon on the run. I am not even sure Ridley got many touches. IDK anymore.....

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because when they used him for those five carries he only got six total yards.

The O-line sucked...including Mankins who was beaten like a drum with a simple stutter step.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because when they used him for those five carries he only got six total yards.

The O-line sucked...including Mankins who was beaten like a drum with a simple stutter step.

Well, that's the point. Is five carries enough to say, hell this isn't working? Yeah, let's put the game in Brady's hands, who was overthrowing receivers from the get go. Stupid if you ask me.The two overthrown passes to Collie and Edelman were inexcusable, and they could have been game changers. Brady threw it like they were 6 foot 5 receivers. Blount is a tractor, they should have used him to pound the D-line, surely he would have broken free in some runs. Also, what's with not going for FGs when in range - that was six points thrown away.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit all year. McDanials gives up to soon on the run. I am not even sure Ridley got many touches. IDK anymore.....

It's baffling, they threw away what got them to the AFC title game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Its Bradys ego

Maybe, but I think there's more to it than that. It was probably the game plan all along, go after the "weak" Denver secondary - problem is that's hard to do when you don't have any real WR or TE threats.
Totally baffling.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Dude....totally baffled.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that tough to figure out Denver supposedly had a weak secondary and they were stuffing any run plays we attempted couple that with the fact we were playing from behind plus the egos of Brady and McDaniels it equates to pass first at all costs.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were faced with defending a mediocre passing game or a good ground game so they took away the ground game...it's game-planning 101. They were crowding the line and Blount's runs were relatively slow developing plays so they were easy to defend. The Pats deep outside threat was Slater so that should tell you a lot about who the Broncos chose to focus on and stop...the ground game over smurf receivers. What was the biggest challenge to the Broncos, the ground game or the passing game? It's an easy answer.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were faced with defending a mediocre passing game or a good ground game so they took away the ground game...it's game-planning 101. They were crowding the line and Blount's runs were relatively slow developing plays so they were easy to defend. The Pats deep outside threat was Slater so that should tell you a lot about who the Broncos chose to focus on and stop...the ground game over smurf receivers. What was the biggest challenge to the Broncos, the ground game or the passing game? It's an easy answer.

+1 Here is where I have an issue. Its McDaniels inability to adjust his game plan. IMO there was opportunity to use Vereen is some screen pass options. We were not gonna win that game anyway we lacked talent to match up well, but I think we could have represented a little better had we changed the game plan.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is a tractor, they should have used him to pound the D-line, surely he would have broken free in some runs.

Those of us espousing more runs are saying this. We were accomplishing three and outs from the air; what's to loose?

Not buying the ego thing.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out-game planned themselves.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is a tractor, they should have used him to pound the D-line, surely he would have broken free in some runs.

Those of us espousing more runs are saying this. We were accomplishing three and outs from the air; what's to loose?

Not buying the ego thing.

Hell Brady's vanity levels are off the charts, I absolutely buy into the theory that he felt his arm was the only way we would win that game.