• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why no uproar when these schools sold their 3rd tier rights?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't mad at ya. Got nothing but love for ya. Do your thing boy.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. There was no link posted, so I was unaware of the context.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny thing about that article, is that he misses some key points. Conference games on the network shouldn't really be a concern, if they weren't going to otherwise be televised. Nebraska had THREE such games last year, all on PPV, that they didn't have to share a dime of the money with. And nobody cried foul when it happened. But let's all go apeshit if Texas DARES to do the exact same thing every other school in this conference has been doing for years. That every school in this conference has the exact same rights and ability to do.

They hypocrisy by some of these schools is absolutely stunning.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas fans need to quit before they are not too far behind. A lot of these threads are starting to look meltdownish.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has a contact with Sun sports channel, however they don't televise live football games there, they call it breakfast with the gators on sunday morning. They do televise some womens sports like volleyball, basketball, soccer and gymnastics live. They will televise some live basketball, baseball , swimming and soccer for the mens sports. However most of them are taped delayed. Not only that but FSU also has a similar contact with them as well. This channel is not available nation wide that I'm aware of.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the "Let's blame Texas" crowd, because they NEVER bring anything to the discussion. It's just Texas fault, it doesn't matter that the facts say otherwise.

NU was told point blank that if they stayed in the Big 12, so would Texas. They left, Texas stayed.....that's not the fault of Texas, nobody forced NU out.

CU has wanted to be in the PAC 10 for YEARS, this is not something new. MU has wanted to be in the Big 10 for YEARS, this is nothing new.

Texas A&M is tired of being little brother, nothing more, nothing less.

What all these schools have in common is that they found the first thing they could to justify leaving, and sold it to you suckers hook line and sinker.

I have YET to see what Texas did that forced everyone to leave. I have YET to see a single rule or bylaw broken by Texas. Hell, I have YET to see Texas do something EVERY SCHOOL in this conference wasn't already doing at the time!!!!

Of course Texas didn't "force" anyone to leave and no one ever said they broke any rules or bylaws.

However, Texas is disliked and you bitching about it doesn't make people like them anymore than before.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has a contact with Sun sports channel, however they don't televise live football games there, they call it breakfast with the gators on sunday morning. They do televise some womens sports like volleyball, basketball, soccer and gymnastics live. They will televise some live basketball, baseball , swimming and soccer for the mens sports. However most of them are taped delayed. Not only that but FSU also has a similar contact with them as well. This channel is not available nation wide that I'm aware of.

The LHN isn't nationwide either.

And that contract expires soon. When Florida gets their rights back, they'll explore a network as well.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course Texas didn't "force" anyone to leave and no one ever said they broke any rules or bylaws.

However, Texas is disliked and you bitching about it doesn't make people like them anymore than before.

Translation: I have nothing to back up my stance, I just don't like Texas

I have no problem with that, just come out and say that.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't ESPN trying to get the Texas-Texas Tech game onto the LHN?

Isn't that kind of a conflict of interest with their revenue sharing deal?

My problem is that the owner of the first tier rights also owns the third tier rights. They can just say, "Oh we won't put your game on television because [insert excuse] so how would you like to be on the LHN?"

Threatening to not put the UT-Tech game on tv is quite comical considering that every Tech game has been available on television other than Texas State.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is that the owner of the first tier rights also owns the third tier rights. They can just say, "Oh we won't put your game on television because [insert excuse] so how would you like to be on the LHN?"

Threatening to not put the UT-Tech game on tv is quite comical considering that every Tech game has been available on television other than Texas State.

Second tier didn't jump at the game, and that's Fox.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as I can tell, they haven't picked up any of our games until a week or two before the game. KState got picked up this past weekend, aTm the week before, so on and so forth.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell, they haven't picked up any of our games until a week or two before the game. KState got picked up this past weekend, aTm the week before, so on and so forth.

I wonder why they wait so late? You either have an idea the game will garner ratings or you don't.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I assume they don't want to commit to a bunch of teams that will end up with losing records before the season begins.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the only people defending Texas are Longhorn fans, Sooner fans, and Red Raider fans while the comments the other way are coming from a wide variety of fanbases.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the only people defending Texas are Longhorn fans, Sooner fans, and Red Raider fans while the comments the other way are coming from a wide variety of fanbases.

I see none of that in this thread....

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn Star you are the most forgetful person I have ever seen. Are you senile?

This is the fourth time I have had to rebut this false argument of yours.

You know damn well ESPN the Tier 1 holder made a deal with Fox the Tier 2 Holder to not take the game so that LHN = ESPN the Tier 3 holder could broadcast the game.

ESPN***8217;s Longhorn Network to Air Two Texas Longhorn Football Games in 2011 - SportsRadio 1340 The Fan

However, an arrangement announced between FOX Sports and ESPN will increase the number of games on the Longhorn Network to two, for the 2011 season.

It was going to be Texas Tech but Texas Tech said they would never be on the LHN. Chancellor Hanse said he did not want a TT fan to ever have to pay a penny to the LHN to watch a game. So they got Kansas as the second game instead.

Tech says no to Longhorn Network | Amarillo Globe-News

I have and will throw this up in your face every time you use this false argument. And just like before I will neg your ass when you do because .... well I just don't like you. If you have to knowingly post false arguments to defend your team well then you're just a ..... a Texas fan.

Neg again for making arguments you know are false again.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Funny how when Texas fans ask how Texas is tearing this conference apart, not one person can actually give facts. Their reply is, "Everybody just hates Texas, that's why".......