• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Bridgewater dropping?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he didn't look good in shorts and a t-shirt?

I never understand this whole concept of dropping players stock because they don't look good in t-shirt and shorts. All I know is that when Teddy played under pressure in big games and when the games actually counted, he looked damn good.

He will be a steal for whoever picks him up in round 2

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like cracking under pressure, not a good trait for a qb...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind teams are not looking at these players for how good they are; they are looking for any weakness whatsoever. Basically teams look for reasons not to pick someone. If he cannot handle a scripted workout, what makes you think he can handle an unscripted game?

In the end, it doesn't matter. Get on a team, prove your skill, get the accolades and paycheck. Tom Brady was a late draft pick, and while he still cries about that, do you think he is sad when cashing those million dollar paychecks, wearing three rings, and banging a supermodel?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that Bridgewater will still go in the first round, despite reports that his stock is dropping. I'd say that five of the first teams picking are all good candidates to draft a QB in the first round. Seems to me that once one of the top QBs goes, other teams needing a QB have historically been reluctant to pass on a top prospect who is still available.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will still go in the 1st round... Probably top 10 still. All this crap you read from the media about stocks rising/falling is just to boost interest in the draft and keep viewers hooked. Writers will scribble down anything to create something out of nothing.

Don't believe everything you read...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no scout, but I saw him play several times, and I never bought into him being a top 10 kind of guy. 2nd round is about right. Geno Smith is no sure thing, he went about where Bridgewater should go IMO

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna be looking your best when NFL guys are there. Did you see his pro day? He looked awful. No spiral, couldn't make easy throws with no pressure or coverage.

You have to worry a little after that, I still don't pay much attention to it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna be looking your best when NFL guys are there. Did you see his pro day? He looked awful. No spiral, couldn't make easy throws with no pressure or coverage.

You have to worry a little after that, I still don't pay much attention to it.

And JaMarcus Russell looked great...How did that work out?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Bridge is that great. He had a disappointing pro day and apparently from reports not an amazing arm. It's above average, but just that. Apparently he's not projected to be a mobile QB either and has a very small frame, some are concerned about injury already.

Carr and Bortles are better prospects and Carr's getting a lot of attention as a lot are viewing him as having the most complete pass. If Houston goes Clowney, Bridgewater/Manziel will certainly drop to round 2.

Bucs, Vikings, Texans, Browns all need QBs, but if one of those teams doesn't grab one (or two) Bridgewater might free fall.

I still see Manziel getting picked over Bridgewater. I also feel that Teddy will need to ride the pine for a couple years to work on some mechanics. He's not a plug and play QB from day 1 (IMO).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see Manziel getting picked over Bridgewater. I also feel that Teddy will need to ride the pine for a couple years to work on some mechanics. He's not a plug and play QB from day 1 (IMO).

...And Manziel is?

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And Manziel is?

One has the ability to create on the run and make throws and the other doesn't. Intangibles are worth something in the NFL more so than not having any.

With that said, BOTH aint half bad, but the better QBs are coming out next year in my OP and may be worth waiting for.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has the ability to create on the run and make throws and the other doesn't. Intangibles are worth something in the NFL more so than not having any.

With that said, BOTH aint half bad, but the better QBs are coming out next year in my OP and may be worth waiting for.

Manziel may be better on his feet, but he is nothing more than Kellen Moore 2.0

"Heave & Pray" style QB's rarely make it in the NFL.

I think every QB in this draft will need to sit and learn for a season (maybe 2) before attempting to take the reins.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And Manziel is?

With his legs yes. I don't like running QBs (chance to get injured), granted Wilson and Kaep are smart about it, but the legs cannot be a big part of your game if you're going to play a long time. Eventually you slow down. I will say Wilson runs as a last resort and always slides. Kid is also built like a tank (he looks huge in the offseason workouts, much more 'built' than Vick ever was).

That all said, some team will pick Manziel and ask him to rely on his legs, and for that reason he's more starter ready than Bridgewater.

So yes, if I was trying to win NOW and had nothing at QB, I would rather put Manziel in over Bridge. At least with Manziel he's got legs until he can figure out the passing game a bit more (which may or may not happen).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his legs yes. I don't like running QBs (chance to get injured), granted Wilson and Kaep are smart about it, but the legs cannot be a big part of your game if you're going to play a long time. Eventually you slow down. I will say Wilson runs as a last resort and always slides. Kid is also built like a tank (he looks huge in the offseason workouts, much more 'built' than Vick ever was).

That all said, some team will pick Manziel and ask him to rely on his legs, and for that reason he's more starter ready than Bridgewater.

So yes, if I was trying to win NOW and had nothing at QB, I would rather put Manziel in over Bridge. At least with Manziel he's got legs until he can figure out the passing game a bit more (which may or may not happen).

I can agree with that. As long as nobody is saying that Manziel has the best arm/accuracy/awareness/etc... Because that would be absolutely ridiculous

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. As long as nobody is saying that Manziel has the best arm/accuracy/awareness/etc... Because that would be absolutely ridiculous

I think the best passer of this draft will be Carr. He's got a great arm and played pro style offense.

I dunno, I guess my comment that Bridgewater should sit doesn't make much sense. He ran a pro style offense at Louisville so he's probably just as ready to start as anyone else in the draft. Days of having QBs ride the pine seem gone. Maybe it's more of a hunch on my part.

And agree entirely with you on the arm. Someone is smoking some good stuff if they say Manziel has the best arm but I think it's better than Bridge's... Bridgewater's arm has been a big concern.

End of day I think Manziel will bust lol. He's similar to Griffin in that if the option isn't there, he's gone. He's not a patient passer, but I think even Griffin has a bit more patience.

I called Griffin a bust coming out of college and so far I'm right. Once his legs were no longer a factor defenses figured him out fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same could be said for Fran Tarkenton and that guy resides in the HOF. NFL past dumpsters are littered with 6'4" 220 lb pure pocket passers that never transitioned to the pro game either.

Call me a nut, most have already, but I sure wouldn't mind taking a gamble with Manziel @ #8 this year. The 2nd coming of Tarkenton in my OP. AND yes he is a project for sure.:whistle:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Griffin a bust coming out of college and so far I'm right.
I hope you're right but odds are you are either slightly wrong or very, very wrong. If RG3 would just learn to slide, he'll have a great career. For some silly reason, though, thats a big if

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could be said for Fran Tarkenton and that guy resides in the HOF. NFL past dumpsters are littered with 6'4" 220 lb pure pocket passers that never transitioned to the pro game either.

Call me a nut, most have already, but I sure wouldn't mind taking a gamble with Manziel @ #8 this year. The 2nd coming of Tarkenton in my OP. AND yes he is a project for sure.:whistle:

Well Fran Tarkenton came out and literally said JF was the closest he's seen to himself (inc. Wilson in that discussion) so hard to argue with you.

If I was a Viking fan or any team that needed a QB top 10 I wouldn't mind my team drafting Manziel. Do I think he'll succeed in the NFL? No, but I've been wrong plenty before. I was sure Curry would be great for Seattle. Least I called Sanchez a bust PRE-DRAFT. That kid had bust written all over him. I was dead sure on that one, should've put money on it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best passer of this draft will be Carr. He's got a great arm and played pro style offense.

I dunno, I guess my comment that Bridgewater should sit doesn't make much sense. He ran a pro style offense at Louisville so he's probably just as ready to start as anyone else in the draft. Days of having QBs ride the pine seem gone. Maybe it's more of a hunch on my part.

And agree entirely with you on the arm. Someone is smoking some good stuff if they say Manziel has the best arm but I think it's better than Bridge's... Bridgewater's arm has been a big concern.

End of day I think Manziel will bust lol. He's similar to Griffin in that if the option isn't there, he's gone. He's not a patient passer, but I think even Griffin has a bit more patience.

I called Griffin a bust coming out of college and so far I'm right. Once his legs were no longer a factor defenses figured him out fast.

I do like Carr. I've even gone as far as claiming that Carr is better than both Teddy & Johnny. I like Metternberger & Garropolo (sp?) over Johnny as well. I don't really believe Manziel belongs in the NFL IMO. I think the days of a "scrambler" type QB are almost gone. It only takes one hit to derail their career. So if you are looking for an escape artist, then Johnny is your guy, but don't expect his career to be very long.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fran Tarkenton was a pioneer for the mobile QB. He basically invented it... Hell, they even called him "the Mad Scrambler". The NFL had never seen that before, so of course it was easier at that time to find success with it.

If you think Manziel would see the same amount of success nowadays as Tarkenton because they have similar playing styles, then you are just flat out crazy.