• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does Florida have 3 NFL teams?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Honestly, I'd take one of those teams put them in Utah, Oregon, or Oklahoma City.

I wouldn't mind if the league contracted & went back to 6 divisions. Jacksonville & Buffalo would not be missed all that much.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A stadium filled with Samoans is not an event I'd want to attend. I used to go to University of Hawaii games a lot and without fail the Samoans/Hawaiians started brawls; not just in the stands but in the parking lot as well. It was really rough.

whoa! we've had a few problems like other stadiums or populations, but it isn't "without fail".

Aloha stadium isn't filled with Samoans and Hawaiians, we're pretty diverse ethnically.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't mind if the league contracted & went back to 6 divisions. Jacksonville & Buffalo would not be missed all that much.

i'm ok with contraction too, just don't expand. expansion isn't the topic at hand, so just saying. :-)

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is pretty messed up. Jacksonville I can see because they are a newer team. Buffalo has been around so they should stay. They aren't hurting for attendance. The team sucks but that is about it.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Raiders should move to LA. They suit LA.

Bills should move to Toronto.

Move Jacksonville or Tampa to Orlando.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on this right here. I know way more fans of other teams the actual cardinal fans. Cards have a lot of bandwagon or "home team" fans in the sense they like other teams but like the cards when they play or are doing good. I feel bad for die hard cards fans sometimes lol

But yea Clyde I have wondered the same about 3 Florida teams. Very odd

I question their existence. Why would anybody subject themselves to rooting for a perennial loser?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa! we've had a few problems like other stadiums or populations, but it isn't "without fail".

Aloha stadium isn't filled with Samoans and Hawaiians, we're pretty diverse ethnically.

I lived there for several years and it was the "locals" who caused all the trouble. I'll amend it to say "almost" without fail. Their anger brought on by their intentional ignorance remains the biggest problem Hawaii faces.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders should move to LA. They suit LA.

Bills should move to Toronto.

Move Jacksonville or Tampa to Orlando.

Population
Jacksonville - 800K
Tampa - 350K
Orlando - 260K

Also, forcing someone to move to Canada is just plain Evil, even if they do live in Buffalo...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a team in Oklahoma City would be pretty cool, that is much closer than Kansas City Missouri.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I lived there for several years and it was the "locals" who caused all the trouble. I'll amend it to say "almost" without fail. Their anger brought on by their intentional ignorance remains the biggest problem Hawaii faces.

ok, fair enough, can't say we're totally innocent here. yes, Honolulu is similar to other large cities on the mainland, including large city problems. but don't feel we're any worse either?

mind you, this doesn't stereotype Hawaii outside of Honolulu.

sorry, don't get "Their anger brought on by their intentional ignorance remains the biggest problem Hawaii faces"?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, fair enough, can't say we're totally innocent here. yes, Honolulu is similar to other large cities on the mainland, including large city problems. but don't feel we're any worse either?

mind you, this doesn't stereotype Hawaii outside of Honolulu.

sorry, don't get "Their anger brought on by their intentional ignorance remains the biggest problem Hawaii faces"?

Native Hawaiians, for the most part remain seperate, don't educate themselves, live in poverty and refuse to speak English except the "pidgin:" stuff. Then they wonder why they live in poverty and why no one will hire them. They blame the Asians and the mainland Americans for coming and "stealing" their land. You've heard of Ka Lahui I presume?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Native Hawaiians, for the most part remain seperate, don't educate themselves, live in poverty and refuse to speak English except the "pidgin:" stuff. Then they wonder why they live in poverty and why no one will hire them. They blame the Asians and the mainland Americans for coming and "stealing" their land. You've heard of Ka Lahui I presume?

oh ok, thought you were referring to everyone in Hawaii.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Population
Jacksonville - 800K
Tampa - 350K
Orlando - 260K

Also, forcing someone to move to Canada is just plain Evil, even if they do live in Buffalo...

well toronto is awesome. how can a city with this many asian girls be bad?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok, thought you were referring to everyone in Hawaii.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I love Hawaii and the laid back island lifestyle. We loved the whole "Island Time" mentality but I was extremely disappointed in the native Hawaiian culture. I thought it would be really fun to be a part of. I did not realize how hated I, and those like me,were by the natives. And to watch them just accept poverty and ignorance without trying to rise above it was very discouraging to see.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well toronto is awesome. how can a city with this many asian girls be bad?

I noticed that as well when I was there. Reminds me of how San Francisco has become. There is something very exotic and enticing about those Asian girls; so pretty.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I love Hawaii and the laid back island lifestyle. We loved the whole "Island Time" mentality but I was extremely disappointed in the native Hawaiian culture. I thought it would be really fun to be a part of. I did not realize how hated I, and those like me,were by the natives. And to watch them just accept poverty and ignorance without trying to rise above it was very discouraging to see.

ok good.

i have no doubt you tried your best, sorry it didn't go over well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville should be moved to Oklahoma City or somewhere they can fill the stadium.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville should be moved to Oklahoma City or somewhere they can fill the stadium.

They should put a team in San Antonio. Such a wonderful, culturally diverse city. Football crazy too.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work, and they could still play in the AFC South.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As a Supersonics fan, I will just say Fuck Oklahoma City. Let's see how they support their teams without new team euphoria or in thin times. They do not deserve the opportunity to r*pe some other city and steal public trusts.