• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does Florida have 3 NFL teams?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars, Bucs, and Dolphins are all in the bottom 10 in terms of attendance. The Bucs are having trouble not blacking out even with the new 85% rule.

Honestly, I'd take one of those teams put them in Utah, Oregon, or Oklahoma City.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is interesting, Oklahoma definitely.

Don't see why not for Oregon...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL needs to dump 4 teams

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL needs to dump 4 teams

32 teams is perfect. But Oklahoma City, Utah, and Oregon are pretty good sports markets. Certainly better than the garbage they call fans in Tampa and Miami, or even Jacksonville.

While we're at it move the Chargers to LA.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Orlando could support a team..if you moved 2,out

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jerry Jones would appreciate another franchise 3 hours to his north.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should do some research.

Fans stay away from Bucs games; blackout streak at 10 - NFL.com

The Bucs had a Sellout Streak that went from 1998-2009.

Why would anyone move a team that sold out every game for 11 years in a row, especially when 2009-2011 have been very bad economically for the area?

If the economy recovers and the Bucs are improving and it still has this problem in 2015, then ya the owners should move the team (but NOT to OKC, Utah or Oregon, even worse areas), more likely to L.A. or South Carolina.

Orlando cant support a Basketball team. Tampa is supporting a Hockey team. That alone should show the Bucs are not in danger anytime soon. Right now most people over there cannot support two teams. Its why as the Hockey season Tanks, the Bucs gain more attendance.

I will say Tampa fans are some of the worst in the country though. But its a town with more foreigners than natural born.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Florida is one of the worst states when it comes to supporting professional sports and I just don't see why so many franchises stick it out there.

That's no offense to the actual true fans that support pro sports in Florida but it's more of a college sports state than a pro sports one.

OKC might have a rough time adopting a team because the Cowboy's have a pretty good grip there. Oregon strikes me more as a college state and I don't think there is enough meat for both the Seahawks and another NFL team so to speak. Utah might be the best bet because of it's location but even there might be a little tough since it's mainly a basketball state.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida has three for the same reason that missouri has 2

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is one of the worst states when it comes to supporting professional sports and I just don't see why so many franchises stick it out there.

That's no offense to the actual true fans that support pro sports in Florida but it's more of a college sports state than a pro sports one.

OKC might have a rough time adopting a team because the Cowboy's have a pretty good grip there. Oregon strikes me more as a college state and I don't think there is enough meat for both the Seahawks and another NFL team so to speak. Utah might be the best bet because of it's location but even there might be a little tough since it's mainly a basketball state.

People say that LA is a basketball city but are hellbent on sending a team there.

And how much of Oregon are Seahawks fans? I don't think that many...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma City continues to support the Thunder really well, they might get a team eventually. I think Portland could support a team just fine too.

But the NFL is more interested in getting the Jaguars to London and the Chargers to Los Angeles.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma City continues to support the Thunder really well, they might get a team eventually. I think Portland could support a team just fine too.

But the NFL is more interested in getting the Jaguars to London and the Chargers to Los Angeles.

Actually the Jags are currently doing the best of all three Florida teams, interestingly enough. If that even matters to the NFL.

I'm fine with the Chargers to LA. San Diego is more concerned about surfing than football.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hawaii needs.................the Pro Bowl...........for financial purposes. as long as it is financially viable, don't care if it sucks. :-)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should do some research.

Fans stay away from Bucs games; blackout streak at 10 - NFL.com

The Bucs had a Sellout Streak that went from 1998-2009.

Why would anyone move a team that sold out every game for 11 years in a row, especially when 2009-2011 have been very bad economically for the area?

If the economy recovers and the Bucs are improving and it still has this problem in 2015, then ya the owners should move the team (but NOT to OKC, Utah or Oregon, even worse areas), more likely to L.A. or South Carolina.

Orlando cant support a Basketball team. Tampa is supporting a Hockey team. That alone should show the Bucs are not in danger anytime soon. Right now most people over there cannot support two teams. Its why as the Hockey season Tanks, the Bucs gain more attendance.

I will say Tampa fans are some of the worst in the country though. But its a town with more foreigners than natural born.

tampa will only support a winner....if the bucs were going 12-4 this year..it would sell out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tampa will only support a winner....if the bucs were going 12-4 this year..it would sell out.

Well, it's not like the Bucs are horrible this year. Jags are much worse and their attendance is way better.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Jags are currently doing the best of all three Florida teams, interestingly enough. If that even matters to the NFL.

I'm fine with the Chargers to LA. San Diego is more concerned about surfing than football.

Really? I would have guessed they were doing the worst with how bad they've been the last few years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
People say that LA is a basketball city but are hellbent on sending a team there.

And how much of Oregon are Seahawks fans? I don't think that many...

LA is more then a basketball town and it's also the second largest market in the country. People think of it as a basketball city because the Lakers are so popular because they've had a long period of success but the Dodgers are still big and football is big as well with USC and UCLA.

LA has a lot of football fans but the lack of team for such a long time it's become divided with their being chunks of fans for all sorts of teams. You'll find 9er, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Chargers, and Raider fans all well represented in the area.

If an NFL team is going to succeed and be popular in LA it's going to take a generation for it to really take hold. The LA Angels here have become more popular partly because of winning but mainly because the Dodger fans that had kids who became Angels fans are now having kids and grandkids growing up Angels fans.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I would have guessed they were doing the worst with how bad they've been the last few years.

Yeah. Like Doom said Tampa has a lot of foreigners and people in Miami would rather just have sex. Even the Heat don't get much support as they SHOULD with the team they've fielded.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is more then a basketball town and it's also the second largest market in the country. People think of it as a basketball city because the Lakers are so popular because they've had a long period of success but the Dodgers are still big and football is big as well with USC and UCLA.

LA has a lot of football fans but the lack of team for such a long time it's become divided with their being chunks of fans for all sorts of teams. You'll find 9er, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Chargers, and Raider fans all well represented in the area.

If an NFL team is going to succeed and be popular in LA it's going to take a generation for it to really take hold. The LA Angels here have become more popular partly because of winning but mainly because the Dodger fans that had kids who became Angels fans are now having kids and grandkids growing up Angels fans.

It's not just the Lakers. The Clippers are huge in LA too. Even the Maloufs were thinking about moving the Kings to Anaheim and giving the LA area 3 NBA teams.

I don't see why Utah can't support an NFL team. They love their basketball, yes, but they also have BYU, Utah, and Utah St football programs who are all really popular.