• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does everyone assume the ACC gets two BCS bowls?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are teams I can name for sure that have better traveling fanbases than Wisconsin.

Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Florida
USC

I don't think anyone can argue those.

Didn't Florida fail to sell out the Sugar Bowl for the Cincy game?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think there would be more Wisconsin fans going to the Rose Bowl than USC fans? LMAO
That's one bowl game, which happens to be in LA. Although Badgers did outnumber Bruins when they met in the Rose. For any other BCS game? Wisconsin brings more than USC, without a question.

And you're missing the point. USC and UCLA might be the absolute WORST teams from the Rose Bowl committee's perspective. How many of their LA-area fans do you think are booking hotel rooms, etc? That's where the money is for the local economy, which is the whole reason for these bowl games.

Wisconsin fans not only love football, but Wisconsin is fucking cold in January. People will travel in force if it's an excuse to go somewhere warm for New Year's.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill make an argument for Wisconsin and it has nothing to do with who anyone has beaten. Wisconsin has one of the 3 or 4 best traveling fanbases in the country so to discount them is absurd. Bowls care about ratings and how much money gets spent in their town. Now if it came down to CLemson and Wisconsin then neither team is bringing heavy ratings but I can promise you the Badgers bring more fans. Its the same reason the B10 gets 2 BCS bids almost every single year because you can talk about the league being down the last 5 years or so but aside from the SEC no conference brings fans like the B10. Not the P12, not the ACC, not the B12 ( aside from OU and Texas ). You can make a legit argument that outside of the SEC that 5 or 6 of the next 10 best traveling fanbases in the country reside in the B10.

The problem is that the Orange Bowl is tied to the ACC, and will select an ACC team if eligible.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are teams I can name for sure that have better traveling fanbases than Wisconsin.

Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Florida
USC

Florida can't sell out their tickets for a bowl game when they are playing in Florida and you think they travel well?:wtf2:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the odds of 2 nonAQs again is about as great.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida can't sell out their tickets for a bowl game when they are playing in Florida and you think they travel well?:wtf2:

I guess he just assumes they do since most of their houses have wheels?

:noidea:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one bowl game, which happens to be in LA. Although Badgers did outnumber Bruins when they met in the Rose. For any other BCS game? Wisconsin brings more than USC, without a question.

And you're missing the point. USC and UCLA might be the absolute WORST teams from the Rose Bowl committee's perspective. How many of their LA-area fans do you think are booking hotel rooms, etc? That's where the money is for the local economy, which is the whole reason for these bowl games.

Wisconsin fans not only love football, but Wisconsin is fucking cold in January. People will travel in force if it's an excuse to go somewhere warm for New Year's.

USC is tied to so many rich old people that will travel everywhere. And there are so many people in LA that are USC fans. Funny that you mention UCLA... that would mean something if we were talking about basketball...

I would put Wisconsin in the top 10, but the 3-4 range is an exaggeration.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare the Gator fans not just go to any game at the orange bowl even though there team isn't involved. HOW DARE THEY!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the Orange Bowl is tied to the ACC, and will select an ACC team if eligible.

Really problem? No different than the Big and PAC being tied to the Rose Bowl. All of the big 5 have BCS bowl tie-ins.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think there would be more Wisconsin fans going to the Rose Bowl than USC fans? LMAO

I would vote yes.

Visit madison, then visit LA. Nonalumni wisky fans really have nothing else to live for. People in LA have a lot more to do than worship mediocrity.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really problem? No different than the Big and PAC being tied to the Rose Bowl. All of the big 5 have BCS bowl tie-ins.

I meant for B1G fans hoping to get Clemson's spot.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ACC only conf to have their own. SEC sugar was the only other, but they gifted the big12 with a red headed step child tie in.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he just assumes they do since most of their houses have wheels?

:noidea:

Man, right when I thought you were gonna become a shit poster, boom goes the dynomite, lol. Been to gainsville I take it. Not enough showers to wash that place off.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt scar is favored.

Also, when the acc got tU they got a big time bcs contract bowl with them. The b1g and big12 only share one. If the acc puts a team in the ncg another acc team is all but guaranteed a second spot. The big and big 12 need a lot of help to get 2 in. sure its possible, tho.

If eligible. thats what the thread is about. IF Clemson loses to SC they might fall out of contention if they fall enough. ACC would not have a second team in at large eligible ranking

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Florida
USC

Usc and michigan? No. ND and osu yes. Florida maybe

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More than likely right but not always. See 2002 when iowa was chosen. The orange doesnt have to take an acc team just like the sugar doesnt have to take an sec team or the rose doesnt have to take a p12 team. They normally do but its not a given.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity here... well I will be nice and say people are not this stupid, just trying to disrespect teams they don't like.

Michigan has had over 100,000 attend every home game since almost 1970. They also have the most living alumni of any university in the world at over 500,000. And the vast majority of them do not live in the state of Michigan.

USC is in LA which has almost 4 million people. And at over 340,000 alumni, they are known for having some of the most wealthy alumni. And since they have one of the richest histories for college football (athletics in general), ofcourse they travel extremely well.

Just stop with the nonsense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity here... well I will be nice and say people are not this stupid, just trying to disrespect teams they don't like.

Michigan has had over 100,000 attend every home game since almost 1970. They also have the most living alumni of any university in the world at over 500,000. And the vast majority of them do not live in the state of Michigan.

USC is in LA which has almost 4 million people. And at over 340,000 alumni, they are known for having some of the most wealthy alumni. And since they have one of the richest histories for college football (athletics in general), ofcourse they travel extremely well.

Just stop with the nonsense.

Lol. The B10 actually changed the selection process for their bowl games after the 2006 season because there was 2 straight years where Michigan was passed over by bowl games in favor of teams that finished a respective 2 and 3 games behind them in the standings. Michigan has been chosen for a grand total of 3 at large bcs bids in bcs history despites being eligible as an at large 6 times ( all 3 times another b10 team was available other than michigan that team was chosen ahead of michigan). Michigan isnt even a top 5 traveling fanbase in the b10.