• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is why do defenses whine about pace? Offenses is simply running fast to avoid substitutions.simply will run our best 11 vs your best 11. Dont whine because your 330 DT can not play 5 consecutive plays without sucking gas.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seclusion? Nah. I have a real life that I live also. I have REAL friends that I spend time with. My life doesn't consist of 100 posts a day on an internet message board.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in football, players are taught to get away with anything they can do, without getting caught, on EVERY play. There is nothing new about bending rules, or breaking them, to gain advantage in any sport.

Tony-

Very true but...

Haven't you noticed in here the theme seems to be lollipops and gumdrops. I've never seen so much love fest between fans of DIFFERENT teams. College football is about my team will kick your teams ass and I don't really care to say lovely things about them! The one consistent thing, however, is the teaming up against anything SEC or should I say SEC SEC SEC :yahoo:

In here it's I love your teams new jerseys. I think your team is going to do so good this year. They say it to everyone. Well, except SEC teams. We're all overrated. Hell, doesn't someone have to lose? :L

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... fake injuries.

All the rules benefit the offenses. That makes it tough on programs that build their teams around solid hard nosed defense. The irony in all this is the old saying of "defense wins championships." Maybe it's because of this, all the changes continue to work for the offenses. It's even caused a few coaches to make bold statements that the rules should be reviewed. They say these fast paced offenses could cause more injuries, takes coaching out of the game and creates a game that that doesn't resemble what has become so popular.

The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

It's not fair that a team might have different personnel or schemes to attack different situations but because the offenses control everything, they are unable to do something as simple as play THEIR game. Fans of these teams say they can always call timeout. Seriously? A team has a few precious timeouts and you think they should have to use it to do something as simple as switch personnel?

Think about it. I believe faking an injury is just a good strategy to slow down these offenses. It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

Why is it wrong or right? Let the piling on begin. Now if I get hurt I'm not calling a timeout, I expect the clock to stop! :whistle:

Its wrong on many levels.
1. The offense determines the style and speed of play. Bama has a scheme that relies on size, strength, and power. The opposing defense must match that. There is no limitation on size or strength. No weight classes or anything to restrict the offense. There is nothing that the defense can do to stop it. A&M, Oregon, and others use conditioning and stamina to drain the defense. When a team has fake injuries it negates the advantages of the fast paced offense.

2. As a fan, I would be embarased if my team had to fake injuries to keep up with the offense. Florida had someone on defense go down with an injury ever 3 play it seems. Then that player came back on the next "injury". It was shameful and pathetic. Man up and play ball. If you can't manage to keep up, maybe they should have spent more time on condioning and lest time just pumping iron.

3. It's noting more than a flop in basketball. Everyone rags on NBA players for flopping. This is the same thing.

I don't remember LSU flopping but there is no doubt about Florida. One every now and then is one thing but what happen in the A&M/Florida game was excessive.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If flopping in the NBA is a huge fine, it should be a penalty in football, too. It's poor sportsmanship. If you aren't conditioned enough to keep up with the opposing offense, get your tubby ass on the treadmill.

Flopping is to draw a foul. This isn't to get a penalty. It's not a great comparison.

I like the comparison. Both is pretty cheesy and take away from the the sports. It shows Poor sportsmanship and it's saying "I can't stop you using basketball/football plays so i'm going to use flopping/faking injuries to try to slow you down and gain advantage that way". And what fan want to watch this anyway.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but cheating is cheating.

Does make me wonder....

would you feel the same way if it was an Auburn player faking an injury?

I probably wouldn't throw the remote or anything but it helps we beat them 49-0 last year and it hasn't been competitive for a while. :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the comparison. Both is pretty cheesy and take away from the the sports. It shows Poor sportsmanship and it's saying "I can't stop you using basketball/football plays so i'm going to use flopping/faking injuries to try to slow you down and gain advantage that way". And what fan want to watch this anyway.

How about the right to substitute for different packages for different situations?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably wouldn't throw the remote or anything but it helps we beat them 49-0 last year and it hasn't been competitive for a while. :laugh3:

LOL I'll give you that one.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its wrong on many levels.
1. The offense determines the style and speed of play. Bama has a scheme that relies on size, strength, and power. The opposing defense must match that. There is no limitation on size or strength. No weight classes or anything to restrict the offense. There is nothing that the defense can do to stop it. A&M, Oregon, and others use conditioning and stamina to drain the defense. When a team has fake injuries it negates the advantages of the fast paced offense.

2. As a fan, I would be embarased if my team had to fake injuries to keep up with the offense. Florida had someone on defense go down with an injury ever 3 play it seems. Then that player came back on the next "injury". It was shameful and pathetic. Man up and play ball. If you can't manage to keep up, maybe they should have spent more time on condioning and lest time just pumping iron.

3. It's noting more than a flop in basketball. Everyone rags on NBA players for flopping. This is the same thing.

I don't remember LSU flopping but there is no doubt about Florida. One every now and then is one thing but what happen in the A&M/Florida game was excessive.

Boo, hoo, hoo. "The Gators beat us, so they must have been cheating." No flag, no foul!!! Plain & simple.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the right to substitute for different packages for different situations?

-
Or basically its not fair to force our 11 to play your 11. We want to use 15 or more vs your 11

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who votes that I should give Tony another public fucking so he can go into seclusion for a month like last time?

I wont go after BamaTee because he is an ebuddy from way cBS and I know exactly what he is up to...

But i am considering giving Tony the bidness

:pop2:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have the right to substitute when they do. If they keep their players on the field and out condition you, then too bad.

They should make it so the only person allowed to swap out when a defensive player gets injured is the player who it hurt, unless the offense substitutes.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can bitch all they want. the rules will remain the same. and any player or team faking injuries will have that rep for as long as Cal and the Giants have.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the right to substitute when they do. If they keep their players on the field and out condition you, then too bad.

They should make it so the only person allowed to swap out when a defensive player gets injured is the player who it hurt, unless the offense substitutes.

Really? Over the years, the rules have changed & changed to benefit the offenses, so that more points could be scored in an effort to appease the fans' desires to see more scoring. What's next? Hell, why don't we just make the defense wear concrete shoes?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is hands doen the best at this, but Bama is another. Can't deny it is a good strategy, it is pathetic. If you have to fake injuries to stop an offense, you don't deserve to stop em.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Over the years, the rules have changed & changed to benefit the offenses, so that more points could be scored in an effort to appease the fans' desires to see more scoring. What's next? Hell, why don't we just make the defense wear concrete shoes?

This is not to benefit offenses. It is to prevent teams from taking advantage of protecting players with injuries.

Your offense can slow the pace just as effectively as the other team can pick it up, if you're good enough.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo, hoo, hoo. "The Gators beat us, so they must have been cheating." No flag, no foul!!! Plain & simple.

No your out of shape punk bitch defense couldn't keep up with the Aggie offense. Your weak ass unconditioned defense need a widdle time out cuzz they can't play more than 3 plays ina row.

On top of that you dumb ass coach couldn't prepare the dumb shits on that defense to make reads and adjustments on the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players flopping in the NBA=players faking injuries in college football

Both are pathetic, but are strategies to slow the opponent down. It isn't right but is part of the game that we see these days.