• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are people so down about the Ravens loss?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We had everything go against us

Travel to east coast on 3 day rest during a holiday
The BS chop block that wouldn't be called in 98% of the games played
The BS PI call
Chilo "How can I help the opposing team" Rachal playing

With all that stacked against us, we lost by 10 pts. Hell, you take away those two plays and that's 10 pts there alone. Granted once Rachal came in, the line went to hell so who knows. But to think we couldn't beat the Ravens is kinda crazy. As for the schedule, you can only play who they allow you to. NFC west or not, you don't win this much because it's a fluke. We've seen the fluke Niner teams. That get lucky against opponents but then are brought down to earth the first challenge they receive.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I hate when the niners lose.

millcreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you guys were over matched in that game,it was easy to see

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was at the game, and offensively we were over matched but defensively not. Also we lost a lot of momentum after the TD was called back. I was on the opposite twenty so didn't see the chop block, but every raven fan blew a sign of relief when it was called back. And the int at the end of the half really killed any swag/momentum. Granted I just became stupid drunk during the second half so can't recall much, but Ravens fans definitely told me good game and that home field played into their win. Coming from Ravens fans, that's a compliment not often heard.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish it was just Chilo

There was a sack, pressure or hit on just about every pass.

If the protection can't be trusted we have to retard our offense when we should see it picking up steam the last month.

When the playoffs happen we can't just wing it and hope we hit the bullseye. Might happen for 1 game but really would have very little chance of beating teams with a track record.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish it was just Chilo

There was a sack, pressure or hit on just about every pass.

If the protection can't be trusted we have to retard our offense when we should see it picking up steam the last month.

When the playoffs happen we can't just wing it and hope we hit the bullseye. Might happen for 1 game but really would have very little chance of beating teams with a track record.

I don't think it was a coincidence that it went to hell when he came in. IMO the pocket would just collapse from everyone trying to assist him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, getting beaten is legit(whether I'm playing or my team is playing) but losing is the worst.

Despite all the elements against us, the game was certainly in reach til the end however, seeing us squander opportunity after opportunity on both defense and offense is so frustrating.

If we were a team that did that all year fine, but we're not that team(anymore) from this moment on(at least) we must/should start sharpening up for the playoffs and the lackluster effort by our OL that night was poorous and embarassing.

Losing like that is unacceptable... hardly makes the opponent work for their win.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not happy with the playcalling giving how the game was going.

Our QB keeps getting sacked or has immediate pressure in his face on drop backs. What should we do?

Keep calling passing plays were he drops back. /facepalm

Even if we really don't have screen plays in the playbook yet we did have running plays. I would liked to have seen more Gore and Hunter in that game and less of Alex dropping back to throw.

With that said I think that game was totally on the short week and travel. I would not even be surprised if the reason we did not see much of Gore was because of this. The coaches wanted to save some treads on his tires since our playoff spot is the closes thing to a lock in the NFL right now next to Rodgers for MVP.

In a way I think Harbaugh was content to take the loss in the Ravens game. I know that goes counter to everything the man stands for, but I don't think he is stupid and he does see the bigger picture. He wanted to win like he always does, but he was not going to put the teams long term goals at a risk just to beat his brother or prove something to all the doubters. He knows that real proof is in the playoffs.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
cos we could have had 7pts with our first O snap...But oooo noooo someone didn't see downfield, lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually encouraged. That game showed me that we are capable of beating a team like the Ravens. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over and clearly our oline wasn't ready to play. Give us a full week at home and I think we can beat them.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cos we could have had 7pts with our first O snap...But oooo noooo someone didn't see downfield, lol

Why is that amusing to you? Do you think Smith missing a TD pass outshines your idiotic claims that Kolb was a "can't miss" FA QB?

1-6 as a starter... OUCH!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb was a turd and I said so from the start. I'm so glad we didn't trade for him!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not down on the loss.. I think this could be a good thing... Would I rather have the Niners win? Of course but I think this loss came at an opportuned time against a playoff caliber opponent in a hostile environment and on a nationally televised game... Those factors made the Ravens game unique... With the current standings, it is a certainty that the the Niners will not have home field advantage throughout the playoffs... The game gave them the chance to know their weaknesses now and gave them time to try and correct those weaknesses... So for me, the game was a learning experience that the team can use to propel them through the playoffs if they can correct what needs to be corrected....

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game, and offensively we were over matched but defensively not. Also we lost a lot of momentum after the TD was called back. I was on the opposite twenty so didn't see the chop block, but every raven fan blew a sign of relief when it was called back. And the int at the end of the half really killed any swag/momentum. Granted I just became stupid drunk during the second half so can't recall much, but Ravens fans definitely told me good game and that home field played into their win. Coming from Ravens fans, that's a compliment not often heard.

and that what hurt in the loss i dont feel we got beat by just theRavens the refs dazed us then the raven D kicked us in the mouth it wasn't a fare fight at all. And that's why i cant wait till the pits game

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that what hurt in the loss i dont feel we got beat by just theRavens the refs dazed us then the raven D kicked us in the mouth it wasn't a fare fight at all. And that's why i cant wait till the pits game

And even then, they play the Thursday before so that helps them with injuries, preparation, and time to appeal any suspensions by the league that may happen. Plus, don't the Steelers get comparable favoritism by the refs in general? But this should be a better game, if not just because the Ravens game wasn't.

About the Ravens game, in hindsight, it seemed the interest in milking the clock as much as we did in the first three quarters helped the defense but hurt the offense some. I don't mean fewer plays, because we can't control that, but don't we run the play clock out to the end before snapping? I say in hindsight because going in that was the right strategy to keep the defenses' legs and to prevent the Ravens from having more time. The Ravens' ability to drain the clock hurt us as designed. So I don't propose anything different but wish we hadn't killed so much clock - but only because I know this one didn't work out.

On a related non-sequitor note, why does the winner of a coin flip or arm wrestle ever, ever agree to best of three when he won? I will always refuse the 2 out of 3 if I win and will accept the complaining by the other. Why risk losing just to stop the complaining? (This is related because saying we should not milk the clock as much as we did is only made because milking it didn't work. Asking for 2 of 3 is only made because we lost the first and the next two are a "why not?" type of thing for the loser) Or another wonder is why students will raise their hand when a teacher says "Raise your hand or I may just start calling on people" - Why raise your hand to avoid being called upon? The only time is when you know the answer and don't want to later be called on for a question you may not know. Having said that, everyone seems to knee-jerk respond for no reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say "don't trust your feelings."

"We" got beat. By a team that was better on Thanksgiving.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we lost to a better team that day, and now we move on. no tears.

we don't like it when other teams use excuses, so lets not make any ourselves. no team wins every single game.

just don't make it worse by losing another.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lost to a better team that day, and now we move on. no tears.

we don't like it when other teams use excuses, so lets not make any ourselves. no team wins every single game.

just don't make it worse by losing another.

naw no tears deep but if anybody needed that win it was alex and he got robbed of his momentum i not all in with the guy but he didn't get a fair shake in that game. no one this thread can say nine sacks happens if the refs let them play the game its just erking because that win could of had alex on cloud nine in terms of confidence and we need him like that for the playoff run i hope he comes out firing in this game just to say my oline has 4 of the 5 in the probowl race 4 a reason and this is are year and weather u like me or not im leading this team