• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Had The Most Surprising 1st Round So Far?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like the choices. Boucher didn't exactly face an offensive juggernaut in the Devils..

I say it's Halak hands down.. of course me being a Caps fan has a lot to do with that.

far be it from me to point out that this thread asks who has been the most surprising player in the first round since I wasnt even on point enough to select from the given list of 3 (lol)

I saw this being possible from Halak so Im not surprised ... When the Canucks played the Habs before the Olympic break I didnt give him his due for beating the canucks because I thought his shots faced totals were tainted because he couldnt handle first shots and was giving away alot of juicy rebounds. So I watched him a little closer the rest of the year and started seeing that while he tends to give up the rebounds he's always in position for that second and sometimes 3rd shot.

idk, maybe Ive been brainwashed by that Olympic game I watched him stone Ovechkin and the Russians in or this almost mythical under 18 year old tournament they faced each other in where Halak told his teammates to stay on Ovechkin and he would do the rest

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I figured at least one person would pick someone other than the choices put up.

There is always that one asshole that goes off the reservation.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of these choices:

1) Brian Boucher
2) Jaroslav Halak
3) Mikael Samuelsson

I'm still going to go with Boucher. The guy had horrible #'s during the regular season, and only won 9 games. I don't think anyone would of predicted he would win 4 of 5 games to beat the Devils and have a 1.59 GAA and a .970 SV% in the process.

Those numbers are just insane !!! Gotta go with Boucher for sure.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If game 7 between the Habs and Caps ends 1-0 (it's at the end of the 2nd period as I post this), I'm changing my vote. I expected Halak to perform better than Boucher. I did not expect him to lead the Habs back from 3-1 down single-handedly.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Halak were to knock off the number one seed, would that change any minds?

I don't think I've ever quoted myself before, but I did answer my own question. The nod goes to Halak for me.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that 7 button right above the 4 on the keyboard.

I tried to edit it, but it won't let me. :confused:

I just did it for you.
Biggest surprise I would still have to say Boucher but it is close.
Played better, I would say Halak but not as big of a surprise that he would play well (just not this well)

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did it for you.
Biggest surprise I would still have to say Boucher but it is close.
Played better, I would say Halak but not as big of a surprise that he would play well (just not this well)

I had a lot of respect for Halak's ability, but after the job was given to Price, I never thought I'd see Halak storm back and Umberger the Capitals out of the playoffs like that.

Boucher, however, I did see coming. This man had to be planning his vengeance against the Devils for 10 years like The Count of Monte Cristo (only with his best friend being Chris motherfucking Pronger instead of some old prisoner with gold).