• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whos been watching...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wjc here? I just got back, I went to the usa Slovakia game last night.
Happy holidays everyone btw.

I haven't seen a sweden game yet, anyone see how future devil Adam Larsson looks :P
FML

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Holidays RKO!
Haven't seen a Sweden game yet either but I'd love to watch just to get an idea of what Larsson can do.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't watched any games yet, but will try to tune into a few later in the tournament.

I have noticed that John Merrill has looked like he's doing OK in the box scores.

First 2 Games:

2 PP Assists
On the ice for 3 PP G
0 Goals Against while on ice. (ES, PP, SH)
0 PIMS.
4 Shots on net in two games.

Not too shabby. Glad to see he's getting some PP time, which is a continuation of his success in college, and something the Devils desperately need.

Has anyone watched him play?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good against Slovakia, but basically everyone looked good against them almost by default

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1G, 1PPA today. +1 on the afternoon. Was also on the ice for another PPG that he didn't assist on. No PIMS.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was watching the game on TV and he didn't look all that impressive. I'm pretty sure that he was playing as the 6th Dman because he was invisible in 5 on 5 situations. The coach was changing D pairings at various times and it seemed that he would regularly miss his shift. I wasn't even aware he was on the ice for the Coyle goal.

He did get good minutes on the powerplay which I guess explains his points total. He was OK on the PP. He did lose a pass at one point that almost went for a breakaway for Germany but that was the only issue. His goal was nothing special as well. It was a weak shot that was intended to be deflected by one of the forwards that were crowding the net. The goalie must have not seen the puck as it went past him under his arm.

Overall the game was so one-sided that none of the Dmen really had to work. The USA forwards carried the team and had many long stretches of control down low. They also were able to crash the net with ease against the smaller and less skilled Germans.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I take that back. Looked at the rosters and he was actually playing as the 7th dman which would explain him missing shifts.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was watching the game on TV and he didn't look all that impressive. I'm pretty sure that he was playing as the 6th Dman because he was invisible in 5 on 5 situations. The coach was changing D pairings at various times and it seemed that he would regularly miss his shift. I wasn't even aware he was on the ice for the Coyle goal.

He did get good minutes on the powerplay which I guess explains his points total. He was OK on the PP. He did lose a pass at one point that almost went for a breakaway for Germany but that was the only issue. His goal was nothing special as well. It was a weak shot that was intended to be deflected by one of the forwards that were crowding the net. The goalie must have not seen the puck as it went past him under his arm.

Overall the game was so one-sided that none of the Dmen really had to work. The USA forwards carried the team and had many long stretches of control down low. They also were able to crash the net with ease against the smaller and less skilled Germans.

First, were you able to find TOI Charts?

Second, on the first Coyle goal he made an amazing 100 foot pass to spring a 2v1 that was shot just wide. Then he held the line and won the battle for the puck so Coyle could take control and then score. That's a big impact, IMO.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm watching right now. its intense.

really rooting to see them damn canucks to be put down hard.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 points in 4 games for merrill so far.

at this pace he'll probably be getting a realistic chance of making the team next year. i can't decide if thats a good or bad thing.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 points in 4 games for merrill so far.

at this pace he'll probably be getting a realistic chance of making the team next year. i can't decide if thats a good or bad thing.

If he has some heart and he wants to be here... it's a step up.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is missing heart. And balls. Errr pucks.