• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's #6?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I would assume that next year the consensus top 5 runing backs will be Jamaal Charles, Lesean Mccoy, Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, and Marshawn Lynch in no particular order. So my question is, who do you have as the #6 running back? I can make the case for several guys including Knowshon Moreno, Eddie Lacy, Demarco Murray, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, Arian Foster, Leveon Bell, Zac Stacy, Alfred Morris, Gio Bernard, Ryan Matthews, or maybe even a healthy Doug Martin. All of these have question marks whether it's age, injury issues, team concept etc. One thing is for sure, the first two rounds next year will not be as predictable as they were this year. I think people will be all over the map with running back rankings. As for me, I'm leaning toward Eddie Lacy in the 6 spot next year even though he'll have the dreaded sophomore jinx to try and avoid. He seems durable enough and Green Bay actually tried to run the ball this year, even with Rodgers on the field. What do you guys think?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No TRich, Spiller, or Ray Rice? They all were top-2 in somebody's rankings last year! (I gotta take the rap for Rice....)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be straight, after the way this year went down, the list of impending free agents, the probable cuts of Chris Johnson, and Moreno (Denver will be up against the cap, and there's no reason to pay Moreno 5 times what they pay Ball to do the same job, if he's back it'll be at a massive paycut, and how many backs do you know that accepted big a paycut after a career season?), plus the new coaching changes, specifically in Tampa Bay where they want a two back system, and have cheap alternatives to use, plus who knows where the rookie Rb's end up and how that factors into all of this ..after all that..?
If I miss out on Peterson, Charles, McCoy, and Lynch, I'm going QB and WR the first two picks, possibly even first 3, and I won't feel bad about it a single bit.

If I had to put a RB at #6..it'd be a tie at #5 between Forte and Lacy

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moreno's gone, you'd have to take a good hard look at Ball as a top-10 possibility.

But I bet Denver honestly tries to sign Moreno. It's Peyton's world, after all. (Cut Champ!) On the other hand he's a UFA, so somebody like Miami or Jacksonville might make the mistake of going after him. (If Moreno is wise he'll stay in Denver for less, stay part of something special, and have a good career to look back on; if he's foolish he'll chase cash, underperform, and be looked at as a waste of money.)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Stacy..especially if Bradford is maturing and staying healthy..i do believe he could excel with a solid play option threat..a lot of ifs and it is hard not to look at Forte..
so i go 6-Forte/Stacy

Nice thread Bandit..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have Lacy as the leader of the group. Based off age, lack of competion for carries and a team that should be playing with a lead.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised that Ray Rice is getting this much support so far. There is no way I draft him sixth after this year. He was terrible and he will be in the same offense again next year. I know the other guys have questions marks, but wouldn't you rather have someone trending upward (Lacy, Bell, Stacy) than someone trending downward like Rice?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Canes. Ravens are going through a change, and not just a OC change. They are banking on Flacco, Torrie Smith, and Pitta being their primary offense going forward. The one and only thing that would bump Ray Rice back into the equation would be if they don't re-sign Scott. And even then, Rice is a hard sell for me.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think they do with Pierce?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised that Ray Rice is getting this much support so far. There is no way I draft him sixth after this year. He was terrible and he will be in the same offense again next year. I know the other guys have questions marks, but wouldn't you rather have someone trending upward (Lacy, Bell, Stacy) than someone trending downward like Rice?
I would draft Foster, Martin, Stacy before I would draft Rice.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now my number 6 would be DeMarco, Morris or Stacey. And I am counting on you guys forgetting this by next year's draft.