• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will we trade, Franklin or Miller?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of them is about to be redundant. Which is going bye bye?

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Franklin gets packaged with Paxton to dodgers for Kemp.....thats just gut feeling though.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they really like Miller at SS, so I'm guessing Franlkin has the better possibility of being dealt.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to throw in Ackley on that deal, no need for him here if we get Kemp. If we can manage that trade, then we just need to convince either Cruz or Morales to come in and we have the best middle of the lineup that we've had in over a decade. Crazy day!

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Franklin to the Yankees for Brett Gardner?

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY? 2 prospects in which one fizzled at the end of the year for a 5 tool MVP caliber OF'er in his prime with 6 years of control is too much?

It depends on how much salary the M's take on. If they get no money from the Dodgers I think that would be too much.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Franklin gets packaged with Paxton to dodgers for Kemp.....thats just gut feeling though.

I take it you haven't really looked closely at Matt Kemp (not trying to be a dick here, at all).

In his career, he has had a couple of very nice years, one MVP-Caliber year, and a couple of bad-injury riddled years.

He is currently coming off of a pretty down year followed by a injury-riddled terrible year, and his injuries are of a nature very germane to his overall value (lingering leg-injuries).

His current contract owes him $21-$21.5 Mill per year through 2019.

I'd be fine giving up Franklin or Ackley (or maybe both, but I would rather not give up Ackley) and some lesser-prospects for Kemp, but there is no way we should give someone with the upside of Paxton or Walker (who both flashed at the ML level last year) for him. I wouldn't be too pissed if they gave up Hultzen (due to his injuries), but even that with Franklin is too much, in my eyes.

Essentially, I think someone trading for Kemp is doing the Dodgers a favor, so there is no way they should give up a premium prospect.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY? 2 prospects in which one fizzled at the end of the year for a 5 tool MVP caliber OF'er in his prime with 6 years of control is too much?

Well are they going to foot most of the bill? Why take on all of that cash and send them BOTH Paxton and Franklin? What about sending Franklin to KC for Billy Butler?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well are they going to foot most of the bill? Why take on all of that cash and send them BOTH Paxton and Franklin? What about sending Franklin to KC for Billy Butler?

I can't see KC giving Butler up for just Nick Franklin. I think they still like him too much.

If we did go after Butler, would he be a DH only? Would we ship Smoak? I still like Smoak for his defense and I have a tiny shred of hope for his bat left.

Butler vs Napoli is an interesting thought. They'd both probably fill the same role.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see KC giving Butler up for just Nick Franklin. I think they still like him too much.

If we did go after Butler, would he be a DH only? Would we ship Smoak? I still like Smoak for his defense and I have a tiny shred of hope for his bat left.

Butler vs Napoli is an interesting thought. They'd both probably fill the same role.

Yeah, Butler's purely a DH right now. He's only played 38 games at first base the last 3 years (430 at DH). If I had to choose, I'd take Butler over Napoli, but Butler will cost prospects and $8 million this year (12.5 next) while Napoli will only cost money (somewhere between 10-15 million per, hopefully).

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm sure there would be other pieces involved but Butler also didn't repeat his 2012 season #'s and shipping him out could save them $ and at the same time Franklin has many years of control as Butler only has 2 I believe.

As for Smoak I was a huge fan of the deal and defended him for a long time (if you knew me from espn) I always thought there was something special about him but I'm starting to have my doubts but 20HR isn't anything to scoff at either. The only way I think Smoak thrives is if he gets out of Seattle. Plus with Seager at 3B Peterson is going to have to go somewhere and why not 1B?

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about 80% sure Franklin would be traded going into the offseason. We already tried to deal him last year in the Upton proposal. Now Im 98% sure he gets traded. Outside of Seagar at 3rd every position is subject to an upgrade and can be upgraded.

I was hoping Ackley would move back to 2nd because I really don't think he's an outfielder. Now that he wont be playing 2nd here, there's a shot he and Franklin are both traded.