• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will Josh Allen and Justin Herbert throw to?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to pencil these QBs in for probably at least 4,000 yards if they start every game. Who are they going to throw to?

Allen will have Dalton Kincaid, who I think is going to blow up this year, but after Kincaid, he’s probably going to have atleast one other productive receiver. Will it be Samuel, Shakir, or Coleman?

Herbert looks like he has even more unproven receivers. The Chargers TEs look pretty mediocre. Is McConkey going to hit the ground running? Or is one of Palmer, Chark, or Johnston going to be the favored receiver here?

I think these two teams are going to provide some serious sleepers at WR this season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk bad about Buffalos skill position guys, but not gonna lie I like what they have. Shakir and Samuel aren’t All Pro types, but both are nice reserve Flex guys to have and hope for.

Coleman idk as a rookie. Watched him a lot in college and I think he can translate to a Mike Evans type guy at this level. Not saying he’s going to be Mike Evans when I say that. ME is a HOFer. Just that I think he can be trusted by Allen at some point to play a similar game. And Allen hasn’t shied away from risks the last few seasons.

Have very little opinion on the Chargers offense and who to look for. Cuz I don’t trust Jimbo KhakiPants to not run it unless he has no choice. Little different as he isn’t going to need to teach as much now. But he is who he is. Which leads me to believe the franchise with the best uni wardrobe will wear white on white as many times as possible. Frustrating.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel might be used as Beasley was, but I think Shakir surprises and leads the team in TD catches.

Palmer is the guy I'd aim for in bolts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies - I all-in on Coleman. I think he translates great to the NFL. If those two have chemistry. Watch out. I think Ladd will have more of a learning curve and I would favor other weapons to step up big in that offense.

The two big questions marks for me is Shakir and Johnston.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed the Bills in the off/preseason from a "fan perspective".

The big question right now is how healthy is Samuel?
When healthy, he will probably get the most catches/yards. But he has turf-toe, which might be gone by week 1, or might linger much longer.

Coleman isn't listed as a starter on the depth chart, and didn't show a lot in the preseason. I would expect his production to gradually increase as the season progresses.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are in similar situations. The irony is Allen is coming off the board first while Herbert is a late backup or even going undrafted.

Most are probably gambling on the Chargers abandoning the passing game and running a ton.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh seems to have gotten the most out of JJ McCarthy. Cant imagine he doesnt do the same with Herbert.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have to pencil either of these two guys in for 4K if they start every game.

I think people forget just how average Josh Allen was at compiling passing stats pre-Diggs - 3100 and 20 in 2019.
And Herbert has ALWAYS had Allen, Williams and Ekeler, now he has none of that- and a coach who would much prefer ground and pound with strong D. There is zero to go off of a to what he'll be or not be this year.

If I'm putting stock into anyone in these two teams receiving corps- it'll be Ladd McKonkey, and maybe Curtis Samuel, if forced. Honestly, the ONLY receiving option in Buffalo that I'm not crossing off my list entirely, is Kincaid.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is coached by Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman. There will be no forward passing. Prepare for 1000 3.5-yard carries by Gus Edwards.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s like asking if the sun rises. Dobbins will be hurt before the end of the opener.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to pencil these QBs in for probably at least 4,000 yards if they start every game. Who are they going to throw to?

Allen will have Dalton Kincaid, who I think is going to blow up this year, but after Kincaid, he’s probably going to have atleast one other productive receiver. Will it be Samuel, Shakir, or Coleman?

Herbert looks like he has even more unproven receivers. The Chargers TEs look pretty mediocre. Is McConkey going to hit the ground running? Or is one of Palmer, Chark, or Johnston going to be the favored receiver here?

I think these two teams are going to provide some serious sleepers at WR this season.
At the conclusion of this season's regular season games, Kincaid will pass all other elite TEs and emerge as the leader among TEs in targets, receptions, and yardage. Maybe TDs too.
Sorry, Tay Tay.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the conclusion of this season's regular season games, Kincaid will pass all other elite TEs and emerge as the leader among TEs in targets, receptions, and yardage. Maybe TDs too.
Sorry, Tay Tay.
I know, I wanted him on my team really bad. He seems like everybody’s favorite TE this year, but maybe Allen is like Rodgers and doesn’t use his TEs much? If so, Kincaid could be very underwhelming.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Dobbins and Edwards will share carries but anyone who followed their ravens career can predict what’s going to happen here. Edwards could cross the goal line the most imo.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are in similar situations. The irony is Allen is coming off the board first while Herbert is a late backup or even going undrafted.

Most are probably gambling on the Chargers abandoning the passing game and running a ton.
Edwards and JK Dobbins are very late picks as well. I think Herbert just isn’t the running threat Josh Allen is. I do think they will pas for similar yardage though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards and JK Dobbins are very late picks as well. I think Herbert just isn’t the running threat Josh Allen is. I do think they will pas for similar yardage though.

Herbert‘s yards per game last year finished right between Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield.

Putting any money into the Chargers passing game this year isn’t money well spent IMO.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is listed as the starter....

Chargers website lists them as Co #1's

But I do have 3 years of Dobbins and Gus being in the same team together and Dobbins was always the starter in my side

Regardless, they'll both be getting a bunch, but neither is getting 30.. at least not until one or the other goes down

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers website lists them as Co #1's

But I do have 3 years of Dobbins and Gus being in the same team together and Dobbins was always the starter in my side

Regardless, they'll both be getting a bunch, but neither is getting 30.. at least not until one or the other goes down
Rotating them is the answer since both have been banged up in their careers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this season is going to be an interesting test of how much WR talent matters. I think it does, in the current NFL with these pass-friendly rules, and we are going to see these teams that went light on receiver experience some struggles.

I think the Chargers may find ways to win with Herbert under Harbaugh, but his fantasy stats are probably going to be pedestrian IMO. They will win a modest number of games playing old-school ball control offense.