• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be this year's Blazers?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to go with a team expected to have one of the worst records and end up in the playoffs, it'd be between the Kings, Nets, and 76ers. But none of them have a chance to do what the Blazers did. I'll go with Denver, seems like a team not many expect to make it but have a nice group of young players and if things go right they could find themselves in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not either, but just based on history. On paper, they should be pretty damn good.

Exactly. Heck. on paper the Warriors should go undefeated all season long but everyone knows that won't happen.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Heck. on paper the Warriors should go undefeated all season long but everyone knows that won't happen.
I do think eventually they get over the hump, I think that happens to a degree this year, and I think they make the playoffs. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate the Blazers

i dont expect them to make the playoffs. NO way in hell they make it out of the first round if the Clippers arent missing Griffin and Paul.

Who do the blazers have?

They have one really good player who plays absolutely zero defense- has made 1 all star team i think as an alternate and never got picked for the Olympic team. I think Lillard is really really good- but its not like he is RW or Kyrie.

Who is this teams 2nd best player? CJ McCollum? McCollum is solid- hes a slightly undersized 2 guard that shot under 45% from the field last year. He is a really good scorer- but not much else.

Who is their 3rd best player? El Aminu? Turner? your listed starting frontco urt is Noah Vonleh and Mason Plumlee? Crabbe, Leonard, Ezeli--- i meanare any of these guys better than just decent NBA players?

I mean- am i missing something here? Why do people think this is going to be a good team in the stacked West? I like Utah's roster a ton more than this one. Houston i like a ton more- OKC i like a ton more. even Dallas. DEFINITELy Memphis.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate the Blazers

i dont expect them to make the playoffs. NO way in hell they make it out of the first round if the Clippers arent missing Griffin and Paul.

Who do the blazers have?

They have one really good player who plays absolutely zero defense- has made 1 all star team i think as an alternate and never got picked for the Olympic team. I think Lillard is really really good- but its not like he is RW or Kyrie.

Who is this teams 2nd best player? CJ McCollum? McCollum is solid- hes a slightly undersized 2 guard that shot under 45% from the field last year. He is a really good scorer- but not much else.

Who is their 3rd best player? El Aminu? Turner? your listed starting frontco urt is Noah Vonleh and Mason Plumlee? Crabbe, Leonard, Ezeli--- i meanare any of these guys better than just decent NBA players?

I mean- am i missing something here? Why do people think this is going to be a good team in the stacked West? I like Utah's roster a ton more than this one. Houston i like a ton more- OKC i like a ton more. even Dallas. DEFINITELy Memphis.

The Blazers are like the West equivalent to the Celtics, minus their recent addition of Horford. They have one all-star caliber guard and a bunch of supporting role players. They both have excellent coaching and lots of youth on their side.

Fit and coaching matters. While the Blazers don't have a ton of star power, they have a lot of guys who play their roles really effectively. The Jazz collectively have had more talent than the Blazers the last few years, but were never able to put it together. Same last year with the Bulls and Wizards. Both those teams had lots of talent, but not able to make it work.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to go with a team expected to have one of the worst records and end up in the playoffs, it'd be between the Kings, Nets, and 76ers. But none of them have a chance to do what the Blazers did. I'll go with Denver, seems like a team not many expect to make it but have a nice group of young players and if things go right they could find themselves in the playoffs.

Wait, did I just see Sixers and playoffs in the same sentence? Are we talking about the year 2020?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight will have to embrace the 6th man role for the Suns to do some stuff. He could win 6th man of the year. Also at some point in the season Len will probably have to start over Chandler.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did I just see Sixers and playoffs in the same sentence? Are we talking about the year 2020?
Considering the Kings and Nets were both in that same sentence, I think we're talking about the early 2000's.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year Celtics fans have proclaimed to be "The Year of the Celtic". They will roll over the Cavs on their way to a Championship.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year Celtics fans have proclaimed to be "The Year of the Celtic". They will roll over the Cavs on their way to a Championship.

...or they'll fail to get home court and lose in the first round. Still no reliable wing scorer to go to, maybe Jaylen develops into one?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've picked the Nuggets as my sleeper team the last two years and they have been jinxed likely because of it. I'm refraining from picking them again this year because I'd like to see what they could do with a healthy roster. They're a deep team and have a lot of good working parts. If they can put it together with Malone leading the way, it'll be interesting to watch them this year for sure.