• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the team of the 2010 decade? - Part 2

Who will be team of 2010s?

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While yes technically the Seahawks could catch the Patriots it is highly unlikely. That would be on average over 3 games difference between the two every season. Good chance Brady plays another 3 years. So far in Brady's career the worst year they ever had they went 9-7. So that would mean the Seahawks for the next 3 years would have to win at least 12 games in each of those seasons. That isn't including the possible gap that the Patriots could add just this year alone with an easy closing schedule compared to the Seahawks at least.

Now yes Brady could go down but that still means the Patriots have Bill Belichick at the helm who was able to find a way to win 11 games when Brady was injured. So it would require the Patriots playing their worst football in years, probably major injuries to key players, and some very bad luck to fall on them for Seattle to catch them.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While yes technically the Seahawks could catch the Patriots it is highly unlikely. That would be on average over 3 games difference between the two every season. Good chance Brady plays another 3 years. So far in Brady's career the worst year they ever had they went 9-7. So that would mean the Seahawks for the next 3 years would have to win at least 12 games in each of those seasons. That isn't including the possible gap that the Patriots could add just this year alone with an easy closing schedule compared to the Seahawks at least.

Now yes Brady could go down but that still means the Patriots have Bill Belichick at the helm who was able to find a way to win 11 games when Brady was injured. So it would require the Patriots playing their worst football in years, probably major injuries to key players, and some very bad luck to fall on them for Seattle to catch them.

In other words...DUH

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words...DUH

It is true...While yes technically it could happen. There are a ton of things that would have to happen. I mean this is like that 5% chance type thing. While yes that means there is a chance it just makes me think of the movie Dumb and Dumber in getting excited about something that just won't happen.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true...While yes technically it could happen. There are a ton of things that would have to happen. I mean this is like that 5% chance type thing. While yes that means there is a chance it just makes me think of the movie Dumb and Dumber in getting excited about something that just won't happen.

I just can't understand the mindset of someone arguing something like this. It hurts my brain.

I'm not a Patriots fan. That doesn't mean I can't fucking add. I'm not blind. Sheesh.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't a lot of teams with losses say a very similar thing though? I mean when most wins are decided by just 7 points or less then just a couple plays different and the outcome is different. So I can't sit here and say that Kam's hold out is the result in 2 of those losses. I mean we could be saying the Seahawks shouldn't have beat the Cowboys or the Lions. We could go the other way with this. I think Seattle has been fortunate to escape with a couple of wins and unfortunate in a couple of others.

As for the Road games I wouldn't count that Minnesota game as a win. I honestly would pick Minnesota in that game to win. They have a great defense where the Seahawks have a terrible offense. I think Minnesota at home can get enough points to get the win in that one.

As for beating Arizona twice I honestly think there is more of a chance that AZ wins both games than that of Seattle winning both.

Also with the early losses in the season I just don't think Seattle this year will be able to catch back up to Green Bay and Carolina. So that means good chance Seattle if they even make the playoffs will have to go on the road.

Balt would be undefeated and go further than any team in the playoffs if you took the losses( 7 points or less) out of the equation. Tgann told us all that already

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's all true. Not saying it would be easy, only that it's possible and no one knows how the decade will end. The Pats have been great for 15 years, it won't last forever. That division will toughen up eventually and the Pats will lose guys to age that are not replaceable. That's just the way it is in the NFL. I highly doubt even the mighty Pats are going to continue to win 10+ games every year for the next 5 years. That is an extremely tall task for any team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's not close NOW. For all we know the Pats could finish this decade with 3 losing seasons. I'm just saying the main reason they win is Brady and he's no spring chicken. They have uncertainty at that position due to his age, I don't care how long he claims he's gonna play for.

He sure seems to be slowing down with most TD's fewest int most yards per game. But seriously no one can fight father time and hopefully he has another 2-3 years left in him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't understand the mindset of someone arguing something like this. It hurts my brain.

I'm not a Patriots fan. That doesn't mean I can't fucking add. I'm not blind. Sheesh.

To me wins are not going to get it done. The way the Seahawks become the team of the decade is being the only team to win 2 Super Bowls in this time span. That is about the only way you beat the Patriots right now.

I mean just comparing the 2 teams--

Starting in 2010

New England--Playoffs every single season. 2 Super Bowl appearances with one win. They have also been to 4 straight Conference Championships in that time span. The fewest games they have won in a season in that span is 12 games.

Seattle--Playoffs in 4 of the 5 years. 2 Super Bowl appearances with one win. They have been to 2 conference championships. Fewest games they have won in that time span is 7 games twice.

So right now just to catch the Patriots they would need another 2 conference championship appearances. Have to win a ton of games. All while hoping the Patriots don't win in that same span. Again this is why I say only a 2nd Super Bowl puts them over the top.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all true. Not saying it would be easy, only that it's possible and no one knows how the decade will end. The Pats have been great for 15 years, it won't last forever. That division will toughen up eventually and the Pats will lose guys to age that are not replaceable. That's just the way it is in the NFL. I highly doubt even the mighty Pats are going to continue to win 10+ games every year for the next 5 years. That is an extremely tall task for any team.

Well no other organization in the NFL has been more a model of success than that of the Pats for the last 15 years. While yes every great run does come to an end I would be willing to bet that the Pats continue to find success more so than to fall off. I trust them to stay on top more than I do Seattle. We've seen plenty of teams rise to the top for a few years then quickly fall off. We have only seen one team that has risen to the top and stayed at or near the top every single season.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure seems to be slowing down with most TD's fewest int most yards per game. But seriously no one can fight father time and hopefully he has another 2-3 years left in him.

No doubt. Brady looks unstoppable this year, but look at what happened to Manning from one year to the next. Hell, even look at what is happening to Luck. He went from 40 TD season last year to on pace for about 20 this year. Nothing is written in stone in this league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Brady looks unstoppable this year, but look at what happened to Manning from one year to the next. Hell, even look at what is happening to Luck. He went from 40 TD season last year to on pace for about 20 this year. Nothing is written in stone in this league.

Both of those players though had/have serious injuries that have not helped the cause. Rumors are Luck has broken ribs and possibly is playing with a shoulder that was separated earlier this year. Manning had 4 neck surgeries that have left no feeling in his hands. That is very different than the situation that Brady finds himself in. I would again add that the Patriots are more than just Brady. They have who I would consider to be the best coach the NFL has ever seen in Bill Belichick. Again Brady goes down the team still wins 11 games without their top player. They lost their top secondary this year yet have gone out and played great even without them. The list can go on. They have consistency at the top that keeps leading to success every single year.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no other organization in the NFL has been more a model of success than that of the Pats for the last 15 years. While yes every great run does come to an end I would be willing to bet that the Pats continue to find success more so than to fall off. I trust them to stay on top more than I do Seattle. We've seen plenty of teams rise to the top for a few years then quickly fall off. We have only seen one team that has risen to the top and stayed at or near the top every single season.

Absolutely, and if I had to put money on who would win the most games this decade I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the Pats. But that may not make them the team of the decade even if they win the most games. Some team could win 2 or 3 SB's between now and 2019 even though they might have less wins than the Pats and the Pats may not even get to another SB this decade for all we know.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, and if I had to put money on who would win the most games this decade I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the Pats. But that may not make them the team of the decade even if they win the most games. Some team could win 2 or 3 SB's between now and 2019 even though they might have less wins than the Pats and the Pats may not even get to another SB this decade for all we know.

Pretty much what I said. If the Seahawks are to catch the Pats for team of the decade I don't think total Wins is the place they will do it. I think Super Bowls will be the more likely place they could do it. Not sure I see that in this team this year though. That offense looks down right terrible. In the past they have been able to lean on the run game. I'm not seeing that as much this year. Lynch doesn't look like the Lynch of old and the OL looks like the worst it has been since Wilson came into the picture.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's true but Brady has been 1-3 more years for a while now and still looking good. For the next 5 years, he's a good bet. And they'd still have Belichick who would relish the challenge.

And you know Lynch is going to be 30 next year... He may not keep it up the next 5 years either.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true but Brady has been 1-3 more years for a while now and still looking good. For the next 5 years, he's a good bet. And they'd still have Belichick who would relish the challenge.

And you know Lynch is going to be 30 next year... He may not keep it up the next 5 years either.

Lynch will be done this year. Brady may last 5 more years or more. Who knows, but I just doubt he stays as prolific as he has been. Father time is undefeated as they say.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I said. If the Seahawks are to catch the Pats for team of the decade I don't think total Wins is the place they will do it. I think Super Bowls will be the more likely place they could do it. Not sure I see that in this team this year though. That offense looks down right terrible. In the past they have been able to lean on the run game. I'm not seeing that as much this year. Lynch doesn't look like the Lynch of old and the OL looks like the worst it has been since Wilson came into the picture.

It may not even be the Seahawks. Could be the Giants, Ravens, Saints. Hell, even your Broncos could make an argument if they win it all this year. They've already been to another one this decade and that defense will be solid for a while even if Manning is gone.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2010...

Patriots - 70 wins, 1 SB appearance, 1 Lombardi

Seahawks - 54 wins, 2 SB appearances, 1 Lombardi

Stop the insanity. These are facts.

FIFY

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not even be the Seahawks. Could be the Giants, Ravens, Saints. Hell, even your Broncos could make an argument if they win it all this year. They've already been to another one this decade and that defense will be solid for a while even if Manning is gone.

We could definitely make a run at it. Definitely have to win at least 1 Super Bowl and have success the other 5 years beyond that to be in that conversation though. Our 4-12 season to start out the 2010's really hurts our chances though. Really to me Green Bay is probably the only team that could pass New England and not win another Super Bowl. IF they say made it to a couple more or just went crazy winning a ton of games and doing decent in the playoffs then maybe they have an argument.