• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be man enough to fight GGG?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Murray is the obvious next fight. Almost definitely going to happen in Monte Carlo in January. He's probably the 5th best Middleweight right now or around there at least. And not in a position to duck either. But it will end up just like Rubio and Geale, just way too overmatched.

I would guess Cotto vs Canelo will be a Cinco De Mayo fight, and Golovkin definitely wants the winner, so my guess is he fights somebody the week before or the week after so his name dominates the talk for the winner. Probably the week before. Al Heymon won't let Jermain Taylor give up one of his belts, so that fight is out. Quillon would have made a lot of sense, except he forfeit his belt, and may have to give up too much money in negotiations to make that fight happen yet. So I tbink the two best possibilities for a late April fight will be #1 Matt Koborov if he gets by Andy Lee as expected in December which will be a title unification bout of two of the major belts, and Koborov's stock went up quite a bit when Quillon ducked him. He has wanted GGG for a while and said Arm promised to make it happen. It. Old just be using Golovkin's name to make himself look good, but if he wants the fight it's now a real Nd attractive option. Or the #2 option is probably to go up to 168 and fight Carl Froch. That would have been a real fight a couple of years ago, Froch is done now though, so it would just be GGG cashing in on a name. A distant #3 8 Chavez jr. It's actually probably the biggest payday, and would generate the most buzz to fight a Mexican the week before Cinco de Mayo, I just don't see Chavez taking the fight. He already ducked it hard last time it w as offered.

Fight #3 of the year will probably be in August ish, and could very possibly be between whichever he doesn't fight in April of the above options.

Fight #4 of the year is too hard to call right now. He will probably be in negotiations to fight the winner of Cotto v. Canelo. Neither one of those guys is likely to want to turn around and fight again by December, and GGG has often said he wants 4 fights this year. My guess is that if he can secure the winner of C v C it will most likely be around New Years or all the way until February. If it is happening GGG fights some tomato can probably mad October or November. If the winner vacates the belt and ducks him, he makes the biggest fight possible in Decembed. Way too hard to call this fight a year ahead of time, just too many variables.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple G vs Rosado 2. lmao j/k

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple G vs Triple H #hellnTHAcell

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quillen vs Jermaine Taylor is next. Unless Taylor goes to the pen.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple G vs Chavez, I got Triple G in that. Cotto and Canelo, he would be lucky to get a ko in the late rounds.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Murray is the obvious next fight. Almost definitely going to happen in Monte Carlo in January. He's probably the 5th best Middleweight right now or around there at least. And not in a position to duck either. But it will end up just like Rubio and Geale, just way too overmatched.

I would guess Cotto vs Canelo will be a Cinco De Mayo fight, and Golovkin definitely wants the winner, so my guess is he fights somebody the week before or the week after so his name dominates the talk for the winner. Probably the week before. Al Heymon won't let Jermain Taylor give up one of his belts, so that fight is out. Quillon would have made a lot of sense, except he forfeit his belt, and may have to give up too much money in negotiations to make that fight happen yet. So I tbink the two best possibilities for a late April fight will be #1 Matt Koborov if he gets by Andy Lee as expected in December which will be a title unification bout of two of the major belts, and Koborov's stock went up quite a bit when Quillon ducked him. He has wanted GGG for a while and said Arm promised to make it happen. It. Old just be using Golovkin's name to make himself look good, but if he wants the fight it's now a real Nd attractive option. Or the #2 option is probably to go up to 168 and fight Carl Froch. That would have been a real fight a couple of years ago, Froch is done now though, so it would just be GGG cashing in on a name. A distant #3 8 Chavez jr. It's actually probably the biggest payday, and would generate the most buzz to fight a Mexican the week before Cinco de Mayo, I just don't see Chavez taking the fight. He already ducked it hard last time it w as offered.

Fight #3 of the year will probably be in August ish, and could very possibly be between whichever he doesn't fight in April of the above options.

Fight #4 of the year is too hard to call right now. He will probably be in negotiations to fight the winner of Cotto v. Canelo. Neither one of those guys is likely to want to turn around and fight again by December, and GGG has often said he wants 4 fights this year. My guess is that if he can secure the winner of C v C it will most likely be around New Years or all the way until February. If it is happening GGG fights some tomato can probably mad October or November. If the winner vacates the belt and ducks him, he makes the biggest fight possible in Decembed. Way too hard to call this fight a year ahead of time, just too many variables.

this is pretty well thought out post.
After last fight sounded like the groups got something cleared up between GGG & Canelo. Don't know what the issues were though. But that leads me to believe Canelo is willing atleast to fight GGG. GGG would love to fight Cotto, but I am not to sure Roach will let that happen.
Chavez has already proven he doesn't want any part of GGG & Forch has said the best defense against GGG is not to fight him! I don't think Froch really wants that fight either. Also GGG has said he isn't going up to 168 right now so throw out ward for GGG.
GGG has said in the past he is concentrating on the 160 lb. division, but will go down to 154lb. to fight a major name. Ward seems to be the only one wanting to fight GGG (at 168) So if a big name does fight him next year, the only one that even seems remotely willing is Canelo.
So Matt Koborov is probably the most likely & GGG has said he just wants to take all(however many there are now) 160 lb. belts while waiting to fight a big name.

I remember back in the day when the sport of boxing was ego driven. Where the fighters wanted to prove they were the top guy. Now it is all business savvy, where they just worry about the risk of losing.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is looking for the GGG vs Ward dream match.. Both need to get in the mid 160s to make the fight happen.. GGG has ridiculous knockout power in a weight class not known for it lately... Ward is just an all around fighter capable of any style.. This needs to happen in the next year IMO...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JCC Jr refusing to fight him is no surprise, he's not that great of a boxer.

GGG is nice at Middleweight but I have to believe he would lose to the top guys at 154.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is looking for the GGG vs Ward dream match.. Both need to get in the mid 160s to make the fight happen.. GGG has ridiculous knockout power in a weight class not known for it lately... Ward is just an all around fighter capable of any style.. This needs to happen in the next year IMO...

Not gonna happen in the next year. Guaranteed. If everything falls just right, and all the fights that want to get made, actually get made, I could possibly see GGG fighting Ward as his 8th fight in 2 years. Only after he unifies the belts at 160, and then clears out any extra names without a belt, then takes out the names without a belt at 168. His first fight ever at 168 is not going to be Ward.

Besides GGG says he can still get down to 154, which won't last long IMO. And 154 has Mayweather, Cotto, and Canelo. Plus Andrade might be the best 154 pounder, and if you give him time he may unify the belts or at least make a name for himself. And at 160 you still have undefeated Quillen and a handful of belts. Plus it is a premium historical division.

Then the biggest factor of all, last fight Ward had wasn't even PPV, in fact it was on HBO just like GGG, and even in the same arena. But where GGG sold the arena out and they added as many extra seats as they could squeeze in. Ward didn't even sell out the regular seats, and his HBO viewership was lower too. It just doesn't make any sense to fight him, outside of making us few hard core fans happy.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JCC Jr refusing to fight him is no surprise, he's not that great of a boxer.

GGG is nice at Middleweight but I have to believe he would lose to the top guys at 154.

???

You know they have weight classes to protect the little guys from the big guys, right?

There are 4 names at 154 who could win fights at 160; Mayweather, Cotto, Canelo, and Andrade. Gennady Golovkin would be a heavy betting favorite over all of them. In fact he is actively campaigning to fight two of those guys, and they are the ones running from him. Like everyone in the world of Boxing Mayweather would be the ultimate prize, but that fight will literally NEVER happen.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

You know they have weight classes to protect the little guys from the big guys, right?

There are 4 names at 154 who could win fights at 160; Mayweather, Cotto, Canelo, and Andrade. Gennady Golovkin would be a heavy betting favorite over all of them. In fact he is actively campaigning to fight two of those guys, and they are the ones running from him. Like everyone in the world of Boxing Mayweather would be the ultimate prize, but that fight will literally NEVER happen.

I meant JCC Jr wasn't a great boxer by the way, just to clear that up.

I'm just not impressed by Golovkin, he hasn't really faced a really great fighter. In his last fight he hardly moved his head at all but that may be due to inferior competition. I don't think he's been tested, he could very well be as good as he's looked so far but I'm personally not convined. He also has to go down in weight and we don't know how that could affect him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Mayweather next two fights will be sure things for him. He isn't gonna take a risky fight, & sure as hell as you say will never fight GGG.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGG would destroy most of the 154 class due to his size and power.. I think only Mayweather and Cotto would have a chance.. Andrade needs to put on weight.. Ridiculous that he fights at 154 and is 6'1.. I still want to see a Ward/GGG match someday with Ward coming down to 160..