• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should I trade: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Josh Gordon

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to shop a wr for a rb. ESPN standard, non ppr. My team is as follows:

QB: Cutler, Brady
RB: Bernard, Hillman, Taliaferro, McKinnon, Hyde, Sims
WR: Calvin, Demaryius, Gordon, Brown, Benjamin
TE: Ertz

I have made a few offers, but no takers. I have been trying to negotiate with someone who is deep at rb but terrible at wr. We almost agreed on a deal, but it was pending until Thursday nights game when I would make a decision. It was Bradshaw and Tate for McKinnon and Calvin.

I decided against it since Tate was out carried by both West and Crowell.and Bradshaw is fragile. I countered with Benjamin for Bradshaw, but he declined quickly. Now he wants demaryius for Bradshaw and Tate. I don't think I like that deal though. Any advice here? I think he's too in love with his players and vastly over values them. He also has bell, but bell is untouchable.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Calvin and try to get a top 8 RB or so.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading multiple guys just messes with a guy's mind.

I like going straight up.

You are loaded at WR. I wouldn't give up Antonio Brown for anyone.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to shop a wr for a rb. ESPN standard, non ppr. My team is as follows:

QB: Cutler, Brady
RB: Bernard, Hillman, Taliaferro, McKinnon, Hyde, Sims
WR: Calvin, Demaryius, Gordon, Brown, Benjamin
TE: Ertz

I have made a few offers, but no takers. I have been trying to negotiate with someone who is deep at rb but terrible at wr. We almost agreed on a deal, but it was pending until Thursday nights game when I would make a decision. It was Bradshaw and Tate for McKinnon and Calvin.

I decided against it since Tate was out carried by both West and Crowell.and Bradshaw is fragile. I countered with Benjamin for Bradshaw, but he declined quickly. Now he wants demaryius for Bradshaw and Tate. I don't think I like that deal though. Any advice here? I think he's too in love with his players and vastly over values them. He also has bell, but bell is untouchable.

That's a pretty shitty RB situation; I don't mean the RB's but their situations...........yeah, you need to make a deal but no way do you make that second one...........I'd tell him to pound sand. On the Gordahn trading front the best offer I got for him was TWill straight up so IMO you will not get even close to the potential back in value on him unless there is a Browns fan in your league. Since there is a Browns fan in the MBBRL the odds of the other Browns fan being in your league are slim so I'd just keep him..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin for Ellington.

Find who has him and send it. Calvin is the name everyone wants, but he won't be as valuable once be returns. Send him now while you can. People will jump on it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin for Ellington.

Find who has him and send it. Calvin is the name everyone wants, but he won't be as valuable once be returns. Send him now while you can. People will jump on it.

Not a bad idea IMO, in fact it's a great idea.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin for Ellington.

I'm not high on Ellington. His foot injury is going to linger. I think he's going to be end up sitting a few games. I think Calvin took extra time off so he could heal up. Now he's ready to come back and dominate.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WRs are just boom or bust in general.

Now, I know Calvin is a different kind of receiver, but he does have competition now that he's been out for a while.

Ellington has had this "foot injury" all season. It hasn't stopped him through 9 weeks, so I don't see it stopping him moving forward.

Ellington is seeing the 2nd most touches in the league behind only Murray. He is a top tier back.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington has averaged double digits in standard fantasy format all season.

This foot thing is simply a ploy by the coaching staff to get opponents thinking.....get them strategizing.

If it hasn't bothered him in 9 weeks, then it isn't going to bother him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this situation, Calvin for Ellington seems like a no-brainer to me, especially with the uncertainty of Gio and McKinnon.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to amend that...maybe not quite a no-brainer, but I think it's a good idea.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your WR situation is so good, that I would actually be looking to make a blockbuster type deal. I would not trade Brown - but that's about it.

Find the team who most needs a top WR with one of these RB's:

Murray, Forte, McCoy/Charles (both should finish strong) - and offer Thomas, or Calvin and a scrub RB.

You don't want to lose Thomas, but you will be just fine having Brown, Calvin, and Gordon... Especially if you get one of those RB's.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your WR situation is so good, that I would actually be looking to make a blockbuster type deal. I would not trade Brown - but that's about it.

Find the team who most needs a top WR with one of these RB's:

Murray, Forte, McCoy/Charles (both should finish strong) - and offer Thomas, or Calvin and a scrub RB.

You don't want to lose Thomas, but you will be just fine having Brown, Calvin, and Gordon... Especially if you get one of those RB's.

Those RBs are difficult for people to want to give up due to their names.

In my opinion, you go after a sleeping giant. That's why I like Ellington. Guy averages over 13 points a week in standard format. People overlook him because his name isn't established yet with the likes of Charles, Forte, McCoy, etc......so you have a good chance at getting him.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you give someone Calvin for Ellington, they are going to be the one giving up value when it's all said and done. They'll think they are getting the better deal, but trust me.....they aren't.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he's getting Forte one-on-one (or with a scrub RB) for any of them, even Antonio. If he does, he made one helluva deal.