• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your Cinderella?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have to be a double digit seed to get Cinderella status?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised USC has never been able to put together a run where they win 20-plus games 5-6 years in a row and get to the Sweet 16 semi regularly.....there's a lot of talent to choose from in SoCal. A lot of players go to Oregon schools and other schools outside the Pac.

USC used to be a pretty regular 20+ win team back in the day. Unfortunately, it was back when UCLA was winning the National Championship every year and only conference champs were invited.

Plus, USC is the "football school" while UCLA is the "basketball school." That's why USC's basketball history is similar to UCLA's in football. They are generally competitive, occasionally will step up and win the conference, but "the school across town" is usually in the way.

I'm hoping that with the style of play that he uses, Enfield will make us more competitive, more often, but I really don't expect USC to overtake UCLA in basketball for any significant length of time.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am reverting back to the unofficial definition of "Cinderella," but it seems it should be a team from one of the lesser-rated conferences. Teams like George Mason and Butler would qualify. Maybe an Ivy League team. But not somebody from one of the "Power 5" conferences. An exception years ago was when NC State beat Houston.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just saw that Providence is favored by 2. USC is a year early to the tourney, imo, so I'm just happy they made it. Gonna expect more next year.

USC is one team I haven't watched enough. But how are you big men? I know Poettl ate em up once or twice. But are they strong and versatile?

Because Bentil is gonna be a bitch if no one can guard him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is one team I haven't watched enough. But how are you big men? I know Poettl ate em up once or twice. But are they strong and versatile?

Because Bentil is gonna be a bitch if no one can guard him.

They are very athletic, but light in the ass, especially Metu. If it's an up and down type game, they should be fine. They just weren't physical enough for Poeltl. Especially in the first game, when he went for 30. In the PAC tournament, they adjusted and held him to 14 points by dropping guys into the paint and keeping the ball away from him. But when he got the ball, he pretty much had his way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are very athletic, but light in the ass, especially Metu. If it's an up and down type game, they should be fine. They just weren't physical enough for Poeltl. Especially in the first game, when he went for 30. In the PAC tournament, they adjusted and held him to 14 points by dropping guys into the paint and keeping the ball away from him. But when he got the ball, he pretty much had his way.

Up and down favors Dunns style. But USC is accustomed to it so I think their best course of action is to try and get him to play erratic.

Bentil is physical and so crafty down low I think it's always best to let him get his and hope he shoots a lot of 3s.

Focus on Dunn and their role guys who are al below average. And you win.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up and down favors Dunn's style. But USC is accustomed to it so I think their best course of action is to try and get him to play erratic.

Bentil is physical and so crafty down low I think it's always best to let him get his and hope he shoots a lot of 3s.

Focus on Dunn and their role guys who are all below average. And you win.

Jovanovic and Metu are taller and longer than Bentil but both are weak and soft. (well mainly because Metu is a freshman) I'm scared about Bentil but not in the way I think Poeltl would kill us everytime. But our secret weapon for this matchup: Darion Clark... similar undersized forward, but very physical, I think Clark will give Bentil problems.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live there. I agree

I think the Lookouts' move to ATT Park from Engel Stadium was a big mistake...good for Alcoa, I guess, but bad for small town baseball. Engel Stadium was a "field of dreams" ball park...still there, right?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly did not know about that. I'm just not sold on Baylor.

Im not sold on any of those teams

Oregon, duke Baylor...its my toughest part of the bracket to get to play OU

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lookouts' move to ATT Park from Engel Stadium was a big mistake...good for Alcoa, I guess, but bad for small town baseball. Engel Stadium was a "field of dreams" ball park...still there, right?

Yep it's still there. The Chattanooga softball team plays their games there if I'm correct

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to look for teams that have played and beaten good competition through the year. A team with good guards. A team with experience. Wichita is obviously the easy choice. I have them in the Sweet 16. Hawaii and UNI are the other 2 best bets. A lot of people are high on Yale but with their PG out and playing a team with just vastly superior athletes I can't see that one happening. One that few people are talking about is Wilmington, I like their chances quite a bit

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii closed winning 8 of 10 including their conference tourney. 27-5 overall.
Cal closed closed winning 8 of 10 but did not even make the finals of the conference tourney. 23-10 overall.
bc their conferences were very similar in talent

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind they are in the Big West but who the F cares. they dont have more talent.