• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the most overpaid QB in the NFL?

Most overpaid QB

• Colin Kaepernick: 6 years $126m

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • Joe Flacco: 6 years $120.6m

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Jay Cutler: 7 years $126.7m

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Tony Romo: 6 years $108m

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Eli Manning: 6 years $97.5m

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sam Bradford: 6 years $78m

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See which of these QB's are on teams that are winning playoff games and that will tell you the story right there.

It's all about winning. Who cares if you look good doing it or not?

So you are saying Trent Dilfer was an amazing quarterback because he was on a winning team?

Now I do think quarterbacks above any other player have the ability to influence the outcome of the game but winning cannot be the biggest or only indicator of how a player should rate. There have been plenty of great quarterbacks on just down right horrible teams while other times there have been mediocre quarterbacks that have won by being on great teams.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Trent Dilfer was an amazing quarterback because he was on a winning team?

Now I do think quarterbacks above any other player have the ability to influence the outcome of the game but winning cannot be the biggest or only indicator of how a player should rate. There have been plenty of great quarterbacks on just down right horrible teams while other times there have been mediocre quarterbacks that have won by being on great teams.

This thread has nothing to do with amazing QB's.

The way the world works is you make money based on how much money you help generate.

If you're on a winning team, you make more money......especially if you're the starting QB. You can't be overpaid if you are winning games.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you tune in on Sundays to see how pretty a guy can look back in the pocket, then okay....

I tune in to see which team is going to win.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think you need to include Russell Wilson on that list. He's this years joe Flacco. The only reason he got an extension was because the Seattle defense won them a Super Bowl.

You don't think that Wilson is really worth the $817,302 that he'll earn this year?

:scratch:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been top 5 in the league in completion % back to back years (2013 4th, 2012 tied for first, 2011 12th, 2010 12th). The only other person on this group of QBs who has been able to throw for over 65% accuracy in back to back seasons in Tony Romo. This past year Ryan was 12th in the league in passer rating, 2012 4th, 2011 8th, and 2010 11th. He has never thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in a season (something Flacco and Eli have both done). The only two QBs on the list with more 4th quarter comebacks are Eli Manning (8 more with 4 more years of experience) and Tony Romo (2 more with about 1 1/2 more seasons of starting experience). Considering Atlanta was dead last in rushing and the offensive line was highly suspect I think Matt has done enough to earn his check but I'd definitely like to see him take over in a playoff game for once.

Isn't that what it's all about??? Isn't that where QBs actually earn their paycheck??? Everything else in your post is whipped cream on dog crap.

6 years...1 playoff win. That's simply unacceptable.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what it's all about??? Isn't that where QBs actually earn their paycheck??? Everything else in your post is whipped cream on dog crap.

6 years...1 playoff win. That's simply unacceptable.

No, it's hard to ignore the majority of a players performance. Did the Ravens let Trent Dilfer walk away since the playoffs are the only thing that matters?

Playoff performance isn't everything when it comes to an individual player but I'd be worried if I didn't see constant improvement from season to season. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get to see a top 10 defense in Atlanta anytime soon to be able to compete with a high powered offense like Green Bay so I expect a few more one and done or one win playoff runs in the near future.