• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is ready to be honest and admit the Dodgers have peaked already?

CaptainCoyoteSander

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any honest person left in Los Angeles? The Diamondbacks will easily run away with this division.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Carl Crawford, Matt Kemp and Puig are all healthy and productive at the same time. The Arizona who????

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any honest person left in Los Angeles? The Diamondbacks will easily run away with this division.

Because they've done a bang up job of running away with the division so far?!?

Didn't the Dodgers just sweep the Snakes in their own house?:lol:

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sander, take your trash talking shit to your own board and while you're at it, tell that prick Gibson and pussies, Baylor and Williams not to fuck with McGwire. You win one world series and you think the D-Backs are hot-shit. Win a few more.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was an Arizona Diamondbacks fan I'd probably echo the sentiments of "Captain". I can't knock a guy for touting his team and showing his support.

I think the motivation behind the question is a) to have some fun and rile up we Dodgers fans and b) because "Captain", in his heart, knows that the Dodgers pose the greatest threat right now to the Diamondbacks making the post-season.

There will be no wildcard candidates coming from the NL West this Season. So, it's either win the Division Title or go home.

There are four teams which could win the Division as of right now. So, the Diamondbacks should be concerned, just like all the other teams in the Division.

I have no reason to believe that the Dodgers have peaked. They may not win 17 out of 22 again this season, but I think they'll be playing over .600 baseball during the 2nd Half.

So, Captain, touting your team is all good. We Dodger fans do it all the time and fans on every other board do it for their team.

But, don't brush off the Dodgers just yet. If (a big if), they stay healthy, they are clearly the best team in the Division (and I believe that whether I'm a Dodgers fan or not), and I don't think the Diamondbacks will beat them for the Title.

Arizona is desparate for backend help in the BP. Without that (and I'm sure they're trying to acquire a closer), they don't have enough. Shawn Camp is not the answer.

We will all have a better idea by the time August 1st rolls around.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idiot has been trolling both the Dodgers and Giants boards. They are laughing about it on the D-backs board. It's not a matter of him touting his team, it's a matter of him intentionally trying to create havoc and ill will for his own enjoyment and to make himself look big with his D-back buddies. He's been kicked off other boards for the same behavior. It's time to ban him here. Hammer, where are you?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was banned yesterday afternoon til Monday. If that doesn't get the message across, it'll be permanent.

When you see obvious troll posts from D'backs fans, please report them using this button
report.gif
under their avatar.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to admit it, my sights are set more on you guys than the Snakes.

You guys have the fire-power and have been beginning to gel over the last month or so.

Damn you...

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Hammer. Glad you pointed out that button.

LoL Cal, thanks for that backhanded compliment. :suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers peaked? Did I miss the mid-season trade deadline or something? The last time I checked, the Dodgers check book is still fat, and, the Dodgers can still throw some $$ at the best free agents out there if they are so inclined.

Heisenberg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One and a half games back and closing as of 7/20; yeah, they've peaked.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:Crawford needs to do one of three things. One relocate to a city outside the LA area code for good.:nod: Two bunt ever time.:clap: Three, bat ninth because the pitchers already bat better than he does.:gaah:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always cut some guys slack when they are coming off injury but Crawford is really making me wish Matty was around. These past two games without Matt I've seen bloopers drop in front of Ethier for runs which Matt would have gloved easily. Ethier is raising his value up but if Ethier is returning to form do we even want to trade him? He's had more walkoff hits for the Dodgers than anyone on the team.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Outlaw, Crawford is not hitting at all, DL or not, he is a hole in the leadoff spot. Plus he has no arm in left.:gaah: Trade him to an American league team for the DH. Ethier is coming around and needs to stay.:nod:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that to trade Crawford, we will either have to eat most of the salary or trade him for some 18 year old Low A ball kid that wont see the majors for 5 years.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, I agree with those who opine that you can't buy a championship, but you can buy good players and sometimes those guys actually play up to expectations. At least that's what has happened lately to the Dodgers. No telling how long it will last, but I think the Dodgers will be a force to reckon with over the remainder of the season.

Any team in the Division can suddenly get hot, so the jury is still out. It should be interesting.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping someone makes another "Dodgers have peaked" thread so we can keep this win streak going :).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied

for

first

place

1/2 game in front after throttling the Jays! I wonder where the team would be if they had kept Puig on the roster to start the season. His infectious energy and aggressive play has really gotten this team rolling.