• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is Cody Latimer?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Mock where we take him in the 3rd. Said he is the most underrated player in the draft & catches everything!
My 1st thought is I love WRs that catch everything, but if true, why would a WR that catches everything be underrated by the pro evaluators?

Anyone know anything about this guy?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Mock where we take him in the 3rd. Said he is the most underrated player in the draft & catches everything!
My 1st thought is I love WRs that catch everything, but if true, why would a WR that catches everything be underrated by the pro evaluators?

He's a basketball player not a football player

OVERVIEW
Basketball was primary sport as an Ohio prep -- played receiver, defensive back and kick returner in his two seasons as a football player. Appeared in eight games as a true freshman in 2011 (two starts) and had 12 receptions for 141 yards (11.8-yard average) and two touchdowns. Did not play against Illinois and missed the final three games because of hernia surgery. Started 10-of-12 games in '12, recording 51-805-6 (15.8). Was the Hoosiers' leading receiver in '13 when he posted 72-1,096-9 (15.2) in 12 starts. Did not work out at the NFL Scouting Combine because of a left foot injury (medical exclusion).
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Very good size. Shows a jab step to get into routes cleanly and is equipped to combat the jam. Can use his frame and physicality to create separation on slants and "post-up" throws (strength was evidenced by bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times at the combine, leading all receivers and besting some linemen). Nice catch radius -- extends to snag throws off his body. Soft, dependable hands. Nice strength after the catch. Good blocker -- subdues cornerbacks, shields, stalks and sustains. Improved steadily over three years as a starter.
WEAKNESSES Is high-cut and shows some lower-body stiffness in his route running. Average burst off the line. Not a quick-twitch athlete -- could struggle to shake loose from more athletic corners. Lacks foot speed to separate vertically. Is straightlinish after the catch and will not make anyone miss. Marginal special-teams utility. Football was not his first love.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 4-5
BOTTOM LINE A prep basketball standout, Latimer is a well-built, sure-handed, West Coast possession receiver whose hardwood background is evident in his leaping ability, body control and hand-eye coordination. Lacks ideal explosiveness, gear change and flexibility. Could be effective running slants and making contested catches to beat zone coverage and succeed in the red zone. Has a ceiling as a No. 3.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Coast possession receiver whose hardwood background is evident in his leaping ability, body control and hand-eye coordination. Lacks ideal explosiveness, gear change and flexibility. Could be effective running slants and making contested catches to beat zone coverage and succeed in the red zone. Has a ceiling as a No. 3.

Want a Dez Clone?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a basketball player not a football player

OVERVIEW
Basketball was primary sport as an Ohio prep -- played receiver, defensive back and kick returner in his two seasons as a football player. Appeared in eight games as a true freshman in 2011 (two starts) and had 12 receptions for 141 yards (11.8-yard average) and two touchdowns. Did not play against Illinois and missed the final three games because of hernia surgery. Started 10-of-12 games in '12, recording 51-805-6 (15.8). Was the Hoosiers' leading receiver in '13 when he posted 72-1,096-9 (15.2) in 12 starts. Did not work out at the NFL Scouting Combine because of a left foot injury (medical exclusion).

This a joke? He is a wide receiver who played for Indiana. Don't really have any inside info though, his rise is really surprising to me. He was a very good wide receiver for IU, but didn't seem like anything special.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't this the description on Harris coming out of college best hands in the draft playmaker runs good routes. Harris can barley get on the field as a wr. I like Harris, but Harris is a JAG if not for his special teams play.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a joke? He is a wide receiver who played for Indiana. Don't really have any inside info though, his rise is really surprising to me. He was a very good wide receiver for IU, but didn't seem like anything special.

Why ask if it's a joke?

If you can get on this site you surely can use google............

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both McShay and Kiper have him in the first round. His rise is something crazy. Was nothing more than a 4th round prospect when the year began 2014, now most see him as no later than 2nd round, and McShay has him going to the Eagles and has a huge man crush on him. I looked into the guy and idk what to make of him, I'd take a chance on him in the third or late secondl; but once again probably will not be there by then, a lot of buzz around this kid right now at the right time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Several sources" tell NFL draft insider Tony Pauline that Indiana WR Cody Latimer "won't get out of round two," and "could surprise" as a late first-round pick.

Per Pauline, "there's little debate" Latimer is "the fastest riser at the receiver position," after blowing away evaluators at his Pro Day with forty times as fast as 4.39. Latimer is also seen as a wideout who "consistently wins out for contested passes," a trait with increased value in an increasingly man-coverage league. Latimer was recently worked out by Panthers WRs coach Ricky Proehl. We expect him to be an early to mid second-round selection.

Should have known. Speed seems to always bump a WRs stock before a draft. but the part I put in bold I find interesting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we can go WR in the firt couple of rounds unless we feel the player is a can't miss type of guy and an incredible value at the spot we take him. This is kind of why I hope Evans goes before we pick. I think we may take him if he is there and I don't see him as a better value than some guys that will be there at positions of need. I am definitely more of a BPA than position of need type person, but if we miss at DL we likely still get a player that can help us a little. If we miss at WR the guy may never see the field.

I'd be fine with a WR in the 4th or later and I also think our WRs are fine for this year if we don't draft any. We do seem to take a WR every year, so I'd assume if nothing else we draft one in the 7th round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated note it drives me crazy when people want to compare WRs to a current or past player. I was watching something with Kiper and one of the other guys and they asked them to compare each of the top 5 WRs to a current player. I think it was Kiper compared one of the guys (I think the LSU kid) to BOTH Roddy White and Randall Cobb. Can you think of two more different WRs than White and Cobb??? I just turned the channel after that comment.