• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who has the scariest pass rush in the NFL now?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners?
Seahawks?
Giants?
Lions?
Dolphins?
Packers? (with Nick Perry healthy)
Vikings?
Baltimore? (with Dumervil now)

What teams have the nastiest looking pass rush?

After this last draft, my money is on the Niners. But the Lions have the potential to have a pretty scary DL. And Baltimore might be better than last season with Dumervil on the squad (and Webb back).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proven when healthy, I would say Baltimore. That assumes that Suggs comes back fully from his achilles injury, something that I am not sure is possible but don't truly know the severity of it.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a healthy Ravens front would be the scariest. Right now, I would say the Seahawks. With the free agent acquisitions and the fact they have a whole pro bowl secondary that allows them to pin their ears back, has to make them the favorite right now. imo

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a healthy Ravens front would be the scariest. Right now, I would say the Seahawks. With the free agent acquisitions and the fact they have a whole pro bowl secondary that allows them to pin their ears back, has to make them the favorite right now. imo

Until Clemons comes back I think the Seahawks are a middle of the pack pass rush. I'll take the Rams over them. Quinn/Long are very good pass rushers. But overall I'll take Baltimore followed by Minny.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk... right now, looks like the NYG IMHO... dont sleep on Moore(rookie)... adding him to tuck, JPP.... don't sleep on that potential...

if healthy, it BETTER be us, niners....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree!! Avril and a mature Bruce Irvin on that defense is crazy. Their LBs are pretty fast too and get get on a QB's face in a hurry.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Until Clemons comes back I think the Seahawks are a middle of the pack pass rush. I'll take the Rams over them. Quinn/Long are very good pass rushers. But overall I'll take Baltimore followed by Minny.

Ogletree has added some speed to their LB unit, but I wouldn't take their pass rush over the Seahawks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Dallas doesn't even get consideration? Ware + Spencer + Ratliff (now healthy)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon fells, the answer Sickness was looking for was "the 49ers". Someone cut him a break and say "49ers".

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, Dallas doesn't even get consideration? Ware + Spencer + Ratliff (now healthy)

Just curious if you also considered that the Cowboys are changing defensive philosophies... Therefore, it is still a matter of speculation whether Ware + Spencer + Ratliff will be as effective in the new scheme as they were in the old scheme... They will be learning the new requirements of their positions so it is left to be seen how fast they can assimilate those information...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree!! Avril and a mature Bruce Irvin on that defense is crazy. Their LBs are pretty fast too and get get on a QB's face in a hurry.

Seattle is up there but I would still pick a healthy Ravens pass rush over a healthy Seattle pass rush.

As far as our pass rush is concerned if we hit on this rookie crop it could be pretty nasty in a couple of years.

I mean imagine if Tank pans out as expected and we can get Okoye to live up to his physical potential and have both of those guys manning the ends with a combo of Aldon and Lemonier/Johnson on the outsides.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree has added some speed to their LB unit, but I wouldn't take their pass rush over the Seahawks.

Couple reasons I like the Rams better. Rams tied for the league last year with 52. Seahawks had 38. Quinn/Long is better then anyone Seahawks have on the line. Also last time the Rams played the Seahawks in Week 17 Rams had 6 sacks to the Seahawks goose egg.

Seahawks have pretty good depth with Avril and Bennett signing but their best pass rusher is still coming off an ACL injury and will probably be out the first 6 weeks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle is up there but I would still pick a healthy Ravens pass rush over a healthy Seattle pass rush.

As far as our pass rush is concerned if we hit on this rookie crop it could be pretty nasty in a couple of years.

I mean imagine if Tank pans out as expected and we can get Okoye to live up to his physical potential and have both of those guys manning the ends with a combo of Aldon and Lemonier/Johnson on the outsides.

yeah, would be nice if Lemonier can rush better than Brooks did last year? then they can bring him in NOW like they used Aldon year 1? don't know if our scheme would allow much rush from that side, so more just wondering?

i'd think even with McDonald in there, thats still enough push now?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get to use the "now healthy" argument... I don't think you can go wrong with the 49ers group. Just with Aldon, Justin, RayMac, and Brooks as the main rush, and Willis or Bo as the blitzer up the middle that is a damn fine passrush when healthy.

Too early to know for sure what adding Tank and Lemonier to that group will do, I have a hard time imagining that they'll make it worse since they'll probably just be situational players at first. If anything they might make it better if they do some rotation that keeps players fresh.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple reasons I like the Rams better. Rams tied for the league last year with 52. Seahawks had 38. Quinn/Long is better then anyone Seahawks have on the line. Also last time the Rams played the Seahawks in Week 17 Rams had 6 sacks to the Seahawks goose egg.

Seahawks have pretty good depth with Avril and Bennett signing but their best pass rusher is still coming off an ACL injury and will probably be out the first 6 weeks.

Sacks are only a part of the story when it comes to a pash rush. How many times do we see QBs run into a sack?

You have to also take into account pressure, hits, hurries, etc...

Last years leaders in defensive line pressure by %

49ers 27.9

Chargers 27.8

Giants 27.6

Seahawks 27.6

Adding Avril and Bennett will increase the seahawks % to put pressure and even their sack total

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets Clowney next year is looking like my favorite for next year. Right now I would give the edge to the Seahawks followed closely by the Ravens. However, now that Seattle has lost their DC lets hope they struggle to maintain.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Not really. Dallas had all of them last year, and the pass rush wasn't as good as quite a few other teams. Don't see any reason it should be better next year. I know they're going to a 4-3, but I don't think just a scheme change is going to make them into the best pass-rushing defense in the NFL.