• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who ended up winning the trade from this winter?

pursifull14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know hindsight is 20/20, but did the Reds really give something up in Gregorious? He has been playing very, very well since being called up. I wonder if his offensive numbers will keep up. If they do, would you rather have had him at SS and possibly traded Cozart? I don't think anyone could've foreseen the offensive output he has had so far, and Choo has been phenomenal and fixed the lead-off spot. Just wondered if anyone else thinks there could be some "trader's remorse" down the road.....

D-Backs rookie Gregorius hitting rockets, earning raves in the desert - CBSSports.com

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi wasn't going to play this year no matter what and Stubbs wasn't going to stay in Cincy no matter what. Getting Choo may end up being a bad deal if Hamilton can't play so the end result is: We traded Didi for Hamilton. How that plays out will be a better measure, IMO.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Didi turns out to be Barry Larkin and Cozart is Kurt Stillwell the answer would be yes.

Cozart appears to be Stillwell with more pop, but I have a hard time seeing Didi in the "Hall of Fame".

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell how Didi will turn out.But right now the trade is looking pretty damn good with Choo getting on base darn near every AB, Lead NL in OBP. I'm glad we did it, We want to win now and are built to win now.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade has been better for the Reds in the short run. That's for sure. They've finally found a viable leadoff hitter in Choo who can get on base regularly. Shortstop has become a bit of a black hole, however, with Cozart showing signs of regression in his hitting. Choo will only be around for this season so I'm hesitant to say the trade is a clear win for the Reds. If they win the World Series this year, then obviously yes.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but Choo is in a minor slump. 1 for 19, and 3 walks. But don't worry Jacoby is working with him