• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who DON'T you want in the 1st?

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the so called 1st round predictions there are several that are not 1st round talents. For me the one player that I absolutely don't want is OT Little. Not a 1st round talent and perhaps even a bust. There is nothing about him that says stud. Just say NO!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather go star guard then reach T just because T is more crucial. If we could land a prime time guard and Brooks is back that would be a kick ass OLine.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the so called 1st round predictions there are several that are not 1st round talents. For me the one player that I absolutely don't want is OT Little. Not a 1st round talent and perhaps even a bust. There is nothing about him that says stud. Just say NO!

:agree::clap: That would be my worst nightmare! Don't worry, it won't be him!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of mine:

Greg Little OT - Talented, but lazy player. Does not go 100% at all times and gets gassed a lot. I think I posted about him a couple of months ago after watching some of his tape. Hopefully the Eagles pass on him.

Josh Jacobs RB - Nothing wrong with the player, but I like a lot of RB's in this draft outside of the 1st Rd. Now if still there in the 2nd, by all means.

Jeffery Simmons DT - Not a huge fan of his stack and shed technique; I prefer a Tackle who explodes forward. Not to mention he will likely have to red shirt his first year in the league ... so it's a pass for me in Rd 1.

Any CB - I just think that the position should be left for later in the draft on an upside player. We don't need an immediate player at the position.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Sanders. He may turn out, and has decent speed, but I can't forget Tony Hunt awhile ago.

The Eagles have NEVER drafted a Penn State player, and that has usually been their sweet spot.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, a lot of buzz going around about Marquise, Ford, and also Simmons to the Eagles.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of mine:

Greg Little OT - Talented, but lazy player. Does not go 100% at all times and gets gassed a lot. I think I posted about him a couple of months ago after watching some of his tape. Hopefully the Eagles pass on him.

Josh Jacobs RB - Nothing wrong with the player, but I like a lot of RB's in this draft outside of the 1st Rd. Now if still there in the 2nd, by all means.

Jeffery Simmons DT - Not a huge fan of his stack and shed technique; I prefer a Tackle who explodes forward. Not to mention he will likely have to red shirt his first year in the league ... so it's a pass for me in Rd 1.

Any CB - I just think that the position should be left for later in the draft on an upside player. We don't need an immediate player at the position.

I really hope we grab Simmons. Would be a top 10 pick without the injury. But I see your point. With Wentz’s deal coming up we need to win NOW!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King just did his mock and has us taking Hollywood Brown at 25. I think he's thinking that Howie will trade Aggy during the draft possibly?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Sanders. He may turn out, and has decent speed, but I can't forget Tony Hunt awhile ago.

The Eagles have NEVER drafted a Penn State player, and that has usually been their sweet spot.

Correction: I forgot to insert a PSU Defensive player. The Steelers have never hesitated to draft PSU players!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greedy Williams - and I never thought I'd say that 3-4 months ago. Something about him seems like boom or bust, he had some inconsistent tape this year and seems a guy that has a lot of work to do on his technique to be really good in the NFL.

Parris Campbell - has had great workouts and I've seen a lot of 1st round buzz on this guy but picking him at 25 IMO is rich.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of mine:

I pretty much agree.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably won’t be available anyway but I don’t want Rashan Gary.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any WR besides a Brown.

Especially not AJ Brown's lesser teammate.

No TEs.

Risner. Throwing his man weight around against college kids. That didn't translate well for Danny Watkins.

I don't want White, who needs to freelance too much and I don't want Bush who's a little small.

I don't want any of the CBs (unless they're making one a safety).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather go star guard then reach T just because T is more crucial. If we could land a prime time guard and Brooks is back that would be a kick ass OLine.

This.

Gimme a top center or guard instead of an average tackle.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King just did his mock and has us taking Hollywood Brown at 25. I think he's thinking that Howie will trade Aggy during the draft possibly?
Nothing wrong with having "too many" weapons.

There's been very little depth at the position since Doug and Wentz have been here.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sweet spot for this draft is from rounds 2-4... but I'd be OK with either AJ or Hollywood at 25. Either of those guys would provide immediate impact if given some reps.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any WR besides a Brown.

Especially not AJ Brown's lesser teammate.

No TEs.

Risner. Throwing his man weight around against college kids. That didn't translate well for Danny Watkins.

I don't want White, who needs to freelance too much and I don't want Bush who's a little small.

I don't want any of the CBs (unless they're making one a safety).
I don't know anything about Risner, but Watkins was going to be turning 27 during his rookie season and had no interest in the game. Not sure it's comparable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risner's 23 ... turns 24 in July. Same age as Christian Wilkins. Watkins was drafted at 26 and turned 27 that same year. 3 year difference, totally different scenario.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about Risner, but Watkins was going to be turning 27 during his rookie season and had no interest in the game. Not sure it's comparable.
Still turned me off to older Olinemen.
The trenches are a violent place to be and a 24 year old has a big advantage in the development of his body compared to the 21 year old across from him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risner's 23 ... turns 24 in July. Same age as Christian Wilkins. Watkins was drafted at 26 and turned 27 that same year. 3 year difference, totally different scenario.
So he played the season at 23 blocking kids younger than him. He'll lose that natural advantage at this level.

I didn't realize that about Wilkins. Small pause there too then. One advantage would be that he's ready at the NFL level sooner because his body is ready sooner.