• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who cares how they won it, all that matters is that they won

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just made a couple mistakes hes like Thad Lewis for Buffalo a serviceable back up that does the things you need to do to win. Clemens>Palmer lmao coming from a cards fan.

Oh, I agree, and it's really not even the first pick, cause nothing came of it and though it was a bad pass, Irvin had to make a good play on it to catch it. The second pick was the one that hurt, it was not only a pass that was only playable by Sherman, but the return ended up giving Seattle their only red zone appearance of the day, leading to a TD. He played about as well as you could expect against a top D, though having that run game appear out of nowhere really helped him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with this victory. Credit the Rams who played inspired ball while everyone counted them out. Their D came to play and did an outstanding job against our lame OL.
Our D won this game. Sometimes a teams O will lay an egg and ours did tonight, but I give kudos to the Rams for causing our problems.
Go Seahawks.
7-1 baby.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but there are some guy's out there that I guarantee you can outplay the Crap were seeing now…. It's worth doing something because these guy's are playing pathetic… And no question our offensive schemes need to change like you said … have the backs block for god sake and stop leaving Wilson back there alone…. #@$^ common coaching staff!!!!! It's not rocket science to get more TE sets and keep more blockers back there…. WTF ?

Agreed. It's not like anyone expects the Seahawks to trade for a pro bowl tackle and give up a 7th round pick. At this point a tackle that's not a turnstile is an upgrade. As for Bevell, I've been critical of his play calling basically since he got to Seattle. I really don't expect anything to change. It needs to change but it won't.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had 100 of real cash on this one. You can imagine the horror as I watched the offense lay down and die tonight. 7 1st downs. 7!!!!

We played like the Jags tonight and deserve a L. It's beyond dirty and an insult to the football gods that we still got a W. Least deserved W in football I've ever witnessed.

STL deserved it less.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's not like anyone expects the Seahawks to trade for a pro bowl tackle and give up a 7th round pick. At this point a tackle that's not a turnstile is an upgrade. As for Bevell, I've been critical of his play calling basically since he got to Seattle. I really don't expect anything to change. It needs to change but it won't.

That's where Pete needs to step in and override Bevell so his prize doesn't get sent to the ER… Bevell is Wilson's biggest threat right now… Change this up and help out those sub-par tackles for GOD SAKE…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised so many are shocked. When I saw the 8.5 spread I thought it was ridiculous. Yes I'm shocked we mustered only like 137 yards of which 80 came on one play, but still... I expected Seattle to put up at most 250 yards?

Both OTs are out and Quinn/Long are top 25 DEs in my opinion. What did you all think was going to happen? Not to mention we have struggled with the Rams the last 5 (inc. this one) games we've played them and we lost to them away last year and didn't convincingly put them away at home.

I was expecting 17-6 or so and that's basically what happened. Note just because I thought it would be 17-6 (my hunch) I was still surprised to see 8.5 spread. Maybe Vegas and everyone thought it would be like 13-3 lol. Anyone predicting us scoring over 20 points hasn't been paying attention.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Seahawks lost these types of road games, this year they're winning them. Also Jeff Fisher is a fantastic coach, although why he didn't overrule Schottenheimer at the end and just pounded the ball more is beyond me, and Fisher knows how to game plan. Besides New Orleans and SF, you guys won't be facing a team that well-coached the rest of the year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the BCS...you don't get style points for a sexy win. A win is a win

All that matters at the end of the year are 3 things

1) Your win/loss standing (for playoff seeding/home field)
2) How healthy you are
3) How well you are playing

If we would've won this game by 40 but at the end of the year our team is sloppy and aren't playing well it won't matter. We played ugly and won ugly today, but by the end of the year if we're playing in top form with percy back with okung back...it won't matter if we won today by 5 or 1 or 40

All this does is it stirs up the chatter with the critics hiding in the shadows waiting for moments like these.

Winning games like this one can go a long ways to getting HFA. Injuries happen in the NFL, nobody is going to give you any sympathy when you mention injuries, all they do is start listing their injury list. 7-1 and the Seahawks really haven't hit their stride yet. Got to love that.

Seahawks still need to hang tough for a few games, if they can keep winning for the next few weeks, all should be good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, however, slightly mad that they couldn't cover the spread. I bet all in on my vcash

I feel your pain, at one point I had over 2000 in vCash. The Seahawks and Huskies of late have knock it down to almost nothing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think there is a good tackle or two out there that someone is willing to let go? This isn't the MLB or NBA. The only way the Hawks can fix this is to adjust the blocking schemes, keep TE or RB in to help or run screens or quick hitters to slow down the rush, all of which should have been done during halftime and wasn't, so I am a little concerned with the coaching really.

The bottom line is, when the player is physically being beaten, you have to win in scheme and that is where the Hawks failed, which falls on coaching. Either Bevell or Cable or both need to figure this out and quick.

I agree with your post. all of it. For next few weeks , the coaches are the only ones that can help us. They need to figure it out pronto.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected pretty much what we got. Before the game I figured it would be won by the defense on turnovers. Seattle didn't do well against that D line last season when they had their starting tackles. What made anyone believe they would be better with dipshit and dumbass?

Still, that was a road win versus a divisional opponent. Those are always good. ALWAYS.

There are two stats that seem to be about as important as any other for teams that win the SB: Turnover ratio and explosive play ratio. Seattle is now +11 in turnovers and going into last night's game lead the league in explosive play ratio.

As long as the offense doesn't turnover the ball and the defense plays as well as they did last night there are few teams that could still beat us on the road.

Give credit to the Rams for having a game plan and playing like they really believed they could win. Their effort and focus were evident. Once again the Seahawks played with effort, but didn't have focus and didn't appear to take their opponent with any sense of urgency or seriousness.

Lucky to win? Probably. Something to worry about? Not really.

To me the worst part of the game was the play calling. You let your QB get creamed play after play and don't make any adjustments to get double teams on those DE's? I'd have rather they threw the ball way 3 times and punted vs Wilson taking all of those hits.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised so many are shocked. When I saw the 8.5 spread I thought it was ridiculous. Yes I'm shocked we mustered only like 137 yards of which 80 came on one play, but still... I expected Seattle to put up at most 250 yards?

Both OTs are out and Quinn/Long are top 25 DEs in my opinion. What did you all think was going to happen? Not to mention we have struggled with the Rams the last 5 (inc. this one) games we've played them and we lost to them away last year and didn't convincingly put them away at home.

I was expecting 17-6 or so and that's basically what happened. Note just because I thought it would be 17-6 (my hunch) I was still surprised to see 8.5 spread. Maybe Vegas and everyone thought it would be like 13-3 lol. Anyone predicting us scoring over 20 points hasn't been paying attention.

We scored 20 or more points in the previous 6 games, so why is it so crazy to think we would score that much? I realize their DEs are good and Ogletree is good, but they are like the 3rd worst run defense in the league. We should have pounded them into submission. Play to our player's strengths, not just try to get one-on-one and hope the WR can make a play before RW gets killed.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not acceptable to come out the way we did. Back up tackles or not, we have been in this situation for 5 weeks and I have seen no improvement. We are lucky RW isnt spending the night in a hospital after every game. I know the tackles are back soon and thank god.
I guess when you calm down your realize we are probably just blocked field goal away from 8-0 and we all know we havent played our best. We are 4-1 on the road and 7-1 with 5 of the last 8 at home.
Regardless we cant have another game like yesterday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain, at one point I had over 2000 in vCash. The Seahawks and Huskies of late have knock it down to almost nothing.

I hear ya on that one. I forget what week it was but most of the favorites didn't cover and I ended up losing 5 bets. Hard trying to build the vcash back up from 25 dollars.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Seahawks lost these types of road games, this year they're winning them. Also Jeff Fisher is a fantastic coach, although why he didn't overrule Schottenheimer at the end and just pounded the ball more is beyond me, and Fisher knows how to game plan. Besides New Orleans and SF, you guys won't be facing a team that well-coached the rest of the year.

I was fully expecting 3 straight runs and not a couple of passes. That shocked me Fisher would allow that to happen.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line was nothing short of awful last night but for whatever reason they seem to have our number as far as the pass rush goes. Last year Wilson got sacked 6 times and we almost lost at home to them. They were awful last night but I don't think we'll see anything this bad again this season. Kind of ridiculous that they've sacked Wilson 13 times in the last two meetings combined.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line was nothing short of awful last night but for whatever reason they seem to have our number as far as the pass rush goes. Last year Wilson got sacked 6 times and we almost lost at home to them. They were awful last night but I don't think we'll see anything this bad again this season. Kind of ridiculous that they've sacked Wilson 13 times in the last two meetings combined.

As bad as the line was last night, it appeared to be more miscommunication than anything else. There were two sacks where Bowie and McQuistan were just beat, and one where I felt Russell held the ball too long, but at least 3 of the sacks were just plain missing assignments and pass rushers going untouched into our backfield. The Long one sticks out, as Bowie and Sweezey doubled the DT and Long just runs free.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough on the 80 yard touchdown pass to Tate, Miller and Lynch were left in to block. Somehow Miller was left to defend Long 1 on 1 and did a brilliant job which gave RW time to make that throw.