• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who calls this crap?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty's idea of putting a play on is for Leake to fake a bunt and swing away with 1 out and 2 men on base. GIDP ... it's the damned pitcher, Dustbrain. I don't care if he is a "good hitter," he has a .139 average.
MAKE HIM BUNT, DINGDONG.
:wtf2:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do our base coaches do ANY-thing?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody watch Cozart's at-bats? He struck out on pitches that never would have cleared his shoetops -- at least three times. He has absolutely zero pitch recognition.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he is definitely struggling right now. There is good news, I dont think he is gonna be In the 2 hole for awhile.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coz beats a pitcher, it's because the pitcher tried to outthink the obvious. Just throw it at his feet, somewhere between Idaho and Maryland.

I never thought I'd claim this, but I think Izturis is currently a better option.

smokerch15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mesoraco on the base paths... what an adventure. Someone give this guy a map.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first gaffe didn't hurt anything but ... for cryin' out loud ... he's a catcher. He ought to have complete and total command of baserunning. That's a catcher's job to watch baserunners. They are all right in front of him. I have zero idea what Meso thought on the fly ball to left.

My advice to him is to KISS ... keep it simple stupid. He seems like he has way too much crap going on in his head. He doesn't block pitches well and, with 2 strikes, you HAVE to block a pitch in the dirt.

While we're on Meso, I cannot believe the ball he hit that the scorer ruled a hit that Pedro booted. Being on base is being on base, but the chicken shit official scoring these days is really annoying.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly, but effective...they won. It wasn't impressive though. They weren't all swinging at the first pitch, other than BP, who hits around the Mendoza line on 1st pitches, but like Ty Cobb with 2 strikes... that's a trend that can't last forever.

A win is a win... and the Reds need lots of them in the next 2 weeks, or they can roll this season up and call it quits. They have to first move ahead of the Pirates, and yesterday was a good start.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coz beats a pitcher, it's because the pitcher tried to outthink the obvious. Just throw it at his feet, somewhere between Idaho and Maryland.

I never thought I'd claim this, but I think Izturis is currently a better option.

I think you're right, and that is sad. Cozart looks helpless except for those moments pitchers throw inner half belt high mediocre straight fastballs that he can turn on. His occasional power is the only edge he has on Izturis. :wtf2:

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start for the Reds. Ugly win as stated above, but a needed win nonetheless. Still can't believe these guys can't put a simple bunt down....could of came back to haunt us. Hopefully, we can start the plowing through the 2nd half, Lord knows we need to make some noise.

Also:

Cozart = Stubbs....batting 7th is right where he belongs. When Luddy gets back, that should become permanent.

I was for once tickled at Dusty calling for bunt on Leake's 1st at bat with an out already. Brings Choo to the plate with a runner in scoring position with 2 outs. I like those odds better than the "fake bunt-swing" we saw thereafter. Too bad the bunt didn't make it in play....as usual. At least Dusty was thinking "small-ball."

Appears Heisey knows what is gonna happen upon Luddy's return. Kid is playing his heart out to earn the future PT, and I have said all along, should be batting 2nd until Phillips gets moved there.

Hopefully we can take at least 2 of 3 from the Pir-rats....would be a great place to start on a very long stretch of games to start the 2nd half.

Reds Nation forever.