• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you five favorite current NBA Players?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily the five best players, but your favorite players. And give a brief explanation of why they're in your Top 5.

My list (in no order):
  1. Greg Monroe - Though he's limited athletically and on defense, a talented post presence who's not trying to be a big celebrity. Hence, he spurned the Knicks and Lakers for a better chance to win right away in Milwaukee.
  2. Andrew Wiggins - I'm 27, and I've struggled to appreciate the generation younger than me, but am working my ass off to do so. Love this kid's game and on-court demeanor.
  3. Rodney Stuckey - A tough, versatile, old-school guard. Something the Pacers lacked throughout the 2000's decade as well as the early parts of this decade.
  4. Brandon Knight - Jerry Stackhouse was my favorite player growing up not named Jordan, so I have a thing for pure scorers, and Knight is one of the best pure scorers in the game today.
  5. Jameer Nelson - Veteran leader who is key to springboarding the future of my other favorite team, the Nuggets.
Honorable mention: Zach Randolph - He's in the twilight of his career, but a skilled post player with below-the-rim athleticism who just goes to work. A future Hall-of-Famer in my opinion. If Mitch Richmond is in (for putting Sacramento on the NBA map), so should Z-Bo (for Memphis).

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Suns players in mine, but if I were Bledsoe would be #1 and Knight somewhere on the list.Also leaving out ex-UofA players.

1. Steph Curry- No one more fun to watch in the NBA than him right now.
2. Andre Drummond- Absolute man child, old school type center.
3. Gordon Hayward- Fun to watch and he improves each year.
4. Kawhi Leonard- Hate to admit it since he's on the Spurs, but I met him when he was at SDSU and he was a really cool dude, not cocky at all. Great 2 way player.
5. Leading scorer against the Lakers

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron- I pretty much started watching basketball (again) when he was in his second year. At the time I knew nothing about him, first game I watched was a bulls/cavs game (I really liked watching Ben Gordon). LeBron hit a huge three to send it to OT and I just kind of followed him from there.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls - Play By Play - March 31, 2005 - ESPN
Kyrie- Love watching him handle a basketball and finish around the rim. He is also a great shooter.
Giannis- I'm from wisconsin, bucks have sucked forever. This guy gives me hope. He has unbelievable upside and this year has taken a huge step forward.
Steph- For obvious reasons. Guy is unbelievable to watch
Anyone who played for the badgers in College- Obvious

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron - bc I grew up watching him play in Akron. Most exciting player to watch, well was.
Kyrie - is so shifty and very exciting to watch. Lets his game do the talking.
KD - has a smooth stroke and again lets his game do the talking.
Duncan - he is quiet but one of the greatest leaders the NBA has seen. He plays an old-fashion style of bball that anyone can respect.
Mike Conley- went to Ohio St but he again has always been a good leader on the floor without the shit talking. A shit talker is always fun to watch dont get me wrong, but the quiet, deadly ones I can respect more.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald Green
TJ McConnell
Andre Iguodala
Kyrie Irving
Dirk Nowitzki

TJ McConnell ... interesting guy for the 76ers ... saw him play for an extended time for the first time a couple of times this week. (but he wouldn't be close to my top 5)

It seems like Curry should be on everyone's list. He is a very unique/fun player. (Irving close.)

I really like watching Okafor & Towns show what they can do offensively. (new candy)

I think it is interesting to watch Leonard ... how is he really shutting down Melo & others ? Will it continue ? Beal had 25 against Spurs last night and I know Leonard guarded him some (like on the last play) -- not sure about the whole game. Beal had 5 buckets in the lane. (not just 3s) Porter also had 19 -- good game.

I like watching TT get offensive rebounds ... watching how he gets them while others don't. It isn't just effort ... he does a few other unique things.

Isaiah Thomas -- fun to watch. How much is his defense hurting the Cs ? I like watching the Cs in general to see the impact of Stevens' coaching -- is he really a great coach ... or is it just his rep ?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Steph Curry - No explanation really needed. But I will anyways. He's too small, he's not athletic enough, he's not a pg, he can't play defense, he's a volume shooter, his game won't translate to the NBA. Those were all the knocks against him coming out of college. And some, if not all, were warranted.

His dedication to his craft and his work ethic are what have put him in the elite. Everyone just knows how great of a shooter he is, but he's so much more than that. He's worked hard to become a capable defender. His handle is now arguably the best. He gets by making smart basketball plays and is never out of control. He's probably the most underrated passer in the NBA. Most dynamic player in the NBA today and must see every time he's on the court.

2) Draymond Green - He's all heart. He plays with a high motor and energy and brings that edge that the Warriors needs. He's a swiss army knife being able to do pretty much everything asked of him both offensively and defensively. He reminds me of Anthony Mason, although Mason was playing in an era that didn't utilize his skill set nearly enough. If he played today, he would thrive.

3) Dirk Nowitzki - He's always been a favorite of mine. First started to like him because he was a 7'0" who could shoot 3's in NBA 2k. Then it evolved into watching how dominant a player he was. His skill set was completely unique and he became a dominant player and a champion. Has one of the top 5 most unstoppable moves in NBA history with that lean back, leg up fade away. Great, great player.

4) Russ Westbrook - Arguably the most athletic player to ever play in the NBA. Dude is amazing to watch. He's unbelievable fast and can jump out of the building. He's worked hard to get a more consistent shot and cut down his shot selection. If he has the ball in his hands you know there's potential for a remarkable play to be made, every time.

5) Anthony Davis - He's having a poor year so far, but he's only 22. TWENTY TWO! The sky is the limit for him and his game is expanding. What he really needs is a veteran who can teach him how to be a winner. I always thought that concept was BS, but you need someone that's gonna push to you be your best. Right now I don't think he has that in New Orleans. He's still my favorite to be the best player in the NBA in 5 years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFB- No explanation necessary

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEbron
Dirk
Duncan
Lowry
Durant

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Steph Curry - He's just so entertaining to watch. His handle is unparalleled. His shot is so quick and smooth. He moves well without the ball. Defenders must get exhausted chasing him around all game.

2. Russell Westbrook - I love the aggression and passion. I haven't seen a player attack the rim with such ferocity since prime D. Wade. Well rounded game as well.

3. Anthony Davis - Dominant player both sides of the ball. Expanding range. Super athletic for his height. The brow.

4. Durant - Smooth offensive player. Can get shots off at will. Hopefully he is past the foot issue.

5. Clarkson/Randle - As a Lakers fan, I'm enjoying watching the development of these two. Clarkson is proving that last season was no fluke. This kid belongs. Very athletic. His jumpshot is improving. He's developed a solid little floater in the lane. Randle is just a beast. Big, strong, and not afraid of anybody. Look out once he develops a jumper and can start finishing at the rim with his right hand.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry - He is just so much fun to watch & just has that killer instinct when needed

LaBron - I disliked this guy after "The Decision" fiasco but really came to respect and like the guy after he humbled himself and worked on his game to the pt of being one of the best clutch players ever.

John Wall - His quickness is just through the roof & I love how he distributes the ball & also makes the Wizards better overall

Westbrook - This guy is just scary when he gets his game in gear - a rare talent

Leonard- the new central player on a team that is always fun to watch since they play basketball the way it is supposed to be played

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. DWade. My favorite player of all time
2. Blake Griffin. Love the Clippers as a team. Fun to watch. But I always loved the dunks. And this guy brings em. Plus he has actually developed his game very well the last 2 seasons.
3. The Brow. Watching greatness when it is young and still somewhat raw is much more fun than when they are older and more refined.
4. KD. Love his game. Even if he appears to have become a bit of an a-hole the last year. Also like that when I watch him I get to see Westbrook as well.
5. Steph. Will probably go down as the best pure shooter this league has ever seen

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BG32 - Exciting to watch. Now that he's added a lot of substance to go all g with with his style, hes showing that he deserves to be in the conversation of best PF in the game.

2. Steph Curry - #PointGod

3. Lamarcus Aldridge - Does it all. But, never gets the credit he deserves.

4. Greek Freak - Dude came from nothing and is now living the American Dream. He's damn near 7 Feet Tall and can legitimately play all five positions on the court.

5. Dame Lillard - Not the biggest, not the fastest, not the best shooter..but, he has huge balls and is fearless.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald Green
TJ McConnell
Andre Iguodala
Kyrie Irving
Dirk Nowitzki
Green- best dunker in the league and it's not close
McConnell- undrafted rookie who no one thought had a chance is leading the sixers in assists and steals and playing like a beast.
Andre- a do it all player that is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team, also his sixer days were awesome.
Kyrie- probably the closest thing to a steph curry type of player in this league. Handles and ball control are ridiculous. Plus uncle drew is badass.
Dirk- class act, his prime in Dallas was amazing. Best tall man shooter in league history.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kyrie Irving- PG- Cleveland Cavaliers: He is simply electrifying to watch. He is the best ball handler I have seen personally in my time watching basketball. Its unreal the moves that he makes getting to the basket- and his finishes and the angles that he plays off the backboard are just insane. On a team with LEBRON JAMES- Kyrie Irving had the 2 highest scoring games in the entire league last year. Whenever he is put in a situation he exceeds expectations-

He was rookie of the year, he won MVP of the rookie game where he just went insane going 8/8 from 3 pt land- I totally admit- who cares- its the rookie game- but it was just so much fun to watch this guy just drill 3 after 3 and not miss. A year later Kyrie is in the REAL All star game- and you think before the game- ya know maybe he can do the same thing!- but deep down you think- no way- its the real all star game...he shoots 14/17 with 14 assists and just goes crazy and shows dribbling moves that should get him put in jail and wins the MVP of THAT game too-at the age of 21. JUST FUN to watch.

Those 2 games last year against Portland and San Antonio were just INSANELY fun to watch. No LeBron vs. Portland and Kevin Love was pretty much mia. Against Portland Kyrie Irving hits the GO ahead 3 pointer against Nicholas Batum right in his face- a guy PORTLAND purposefully puts on him because of his length. "His final shot was magnificent in so many ways. Dribbling the ball on the right side as the clock ticked down, Irving froze 6-foot-8 forward Nicolas Batum with a move toward the basket before stopping and sinking his 11th 3-pointer. Batum felt he had done all he could to stop Irving."He's so quick you don't want to get too close," Batum said. "You have to control the drive. I tried to contest the shot. I was on him, but he made a big shot."
Kyrie hits a Cavs record 11 triples. 55 points.

At this point- I was going nuts on Sportshoopla- and of course- the Cavs haters get out their cold water and throw it on me- saying FLUKE. Wont do it again- would never have done it if LeBron was playing.

What does Kyrie do for an encore? Goes for 57 against the SPURS in the Spurs building just a few weeks later. Kyrie goes 7/7 from 3, and 10/10 from the free throw line. Not bad shooting. lol. 5 assists and 4 steals. But the Cavs were down 3 with just enough time for one shot- clock running down. OF course it goes to Kyrie and he absolutely BURIES the shot in the soon-to-be DPOY KAwhi Leonard. Right in his grill. In a game that Charles Barkley said was one of the best regular season games he has ever witnessed- Kyrie played amazing- and "FLUKED" his way to a new career high- WITH LeBron on the court with him (and having his own really good game).

Fast forward to the Finals. Kyrie is obviously hobbled and no where close to 100% but hes gonna try. In his first Finals game of his career, on a bum wheel, he goes for 23 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks - one of which was that insane block on Curry that saved the game at that point.

Kyrie LOVES having the ball when the game is on the line too- hes hit just a ton of game winners and buzzer beaters already in his career- Dallas, Boston, Thunder, Raptors, just off the top of my head-

Hes just so much fun to watch- and he always seems to give you more than you expected.

2. Russell Westbrook- PG- Oklahoma City Thunder- the term "explosive athlete" was invented because of guys like Russell Westbrook. He is just a relentless bowling bowl with spikes going to the rim. He plays above the rim- but can hit a 3. He can do everything. He has an insane work ethic and toughness. He is fearless and relentless and is not going to listen to other peoples stupid bullshit. I love his attitude and what he brings to your team. I love watching him play the game because you know you are getting every thing he has to give and you are likely to see at least 2 or 3 plays that leave you with your jaw dropped.

3. Steph Curry- PG- GSW- i hate picking only great players- but I watched a lot of that GSW Clips game last night- and after watching the Finals of course- it just baffles me how a guy can shoot that well off the dribble. He shoots on a level that other human beings cant. He is so much better at shooting the ball then anyone else in the world that it just seems like it shouldnt be possible. Not only that but he is a great kid, with a great attitude, his teammates love him, he keeps improving defensively- he had injury issues that he overcame and put to rest. It honestly just baffles me how a human being can be so much better than all his peers at shooting a ball.

4. Kinda cheating- but Brad Stevens and the Celtics- the Celtics dont have a per say star. They played REALLY great ball once they got Isiah Thomas- their whole team is a bunch of like 6th men in my opinion- besides Marcus Smart I guess- so I will say MARCUS SMART- because I loved how he played at OK ST. -- I think he has the potential to be Eric Bledsoe 2.0 with all nba level defense. But i just love how Stevens manages these guys and put together a TEAM of a bunch of above average players and makes them greater than the sum of their parts...

5. This would be Michael Kidd-Gilchrist but hes out all year. --- So ill give it to Rubio...now if you know me- I ahve been critical of Rubio in the past because of his shooting ability- but that looks improved- and how much fun is it to watch this guy give passes to guys like Wiggins AND Levine, AND Towns...an AMAZING creative passer like that- with those kind of athletes running the floor with him? That is the definition of fun to watch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too long. But I noticed you spent half the essay on Kyrie.