• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox vs Royals 9/3 - 9/6

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the ball was juiced last year when the Sox ranked 25th in the majors in HRs.

I don't know. Personally, I don't think it's that crazy that the league started hitting more HR's when everyone decided to teach hitters to pull and lift the ball... in order to hit HR's.

Contact singles hitters barely exist anymore. Somebody who singles their way to .300 but doesn't walk much or hit for power isn't regarded as being that valuable. OPS has replaced batting average. Everything is about the long ball.

Younger pitchers also all throw over 95 now, basically. What comes in hot, goes out hot.

I am the type of person who beliefs in hard proof, data, and not running with gut feelings. I get why people think it's juiced, but I see many logical explanations. At the same time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal 4 for 4 on-base. I like Jiddy's thing for small sample sizes suddenly, so he's the GOAT.

:)

Big chance for Yoan to breakout of his funk. Come on Yo-Yo. Bases loaded, nobody out. Put the game away.

Indeed...When Intangibles goes off we're probably gonna win. Kinda like the "you're only as good as your weakest link" thing since they're slamming him in the 2-3 spots constantly. How many nicknames can I give this guy? That is the real question.

Dongless
Rent-A-Frame
Intangibles
Weakest Link Lite

The world may never know...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, tfw "going off" is 4-4 "on base"....I bet the kids are just going bonkers on the playgrounds. DID YOU SEE YASMANI LAST NIGHT? HE'S THE MAN!!! 4-4 ON BASE MUTHA F*CKAAASSS!!! New top MLB jersey sale numbers here we come...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top of the upper deck stairs. Like if you're up there getting a hot dog way out in the upper deck, and you peek into the stairwell to see the AB, and Robert launches one right to you.

There's rumors they juiced the ball even more this year, another attempt to make this Asterisk Season* appealing (like all DH and 16 playoff teams).

Obviously they didn't get the "on base" memo...

Ok...Ok..I'm done. And so are the Royals. More winning coming our way tonight!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal seems to be getting better - I hope he is playing at the top of his talent at the end of the season leaving @Jiddy with a mouthful of intangibles. :)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many on that top 20 list are not an everyday player in one of the top 4 slots on their lineup?

On a positive note, everyone sold me on Moncada last year for MVP-type consideration...and he's not even one of the 4 of our players on the list. Damn...

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many on that top 20 list are not an everyday player in one of the top 4 slots on their lineup?

On a positive note, everyone sold me on Moncada last year for MVP-type consideration...and he's not even one of the 4 of our players on the list. Damn...
He has the COVID legs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what some of us have been saying. Look at all the members on the team who are performing worse (and in some cases, way worse) than expected:

Moncada
Encarnacion
Mazara
Grandal
Gonzalez
Lopez
Cordero
Cishek

And yet despite these under performances, we're still knocking on the door of the AL Central lead and currently seeded 4th in the AL playoff rankings. Under the circumstances, not bad, not bad at all.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the COVID legs.

You know...I know this excuse du jour probably has some...legs (oh yes I did)...but I never bought big into the excuses. Whatever it is, I hope he figures it out so we can go into juggernaut mode.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what some of us have been saying. Look at all the members on the team who are performing worse (and in some cases, way worse) than expected:

Moncada
Encarnacion
Mazara
Grandal
Gonzalez
Lopez
Cordero
Cishek

And yet despite these under performances, we're still knocking on the door of the AL Central lead and currently seeded 4th in the AL playoff rankings. Under the circumstances, not bad, not bad at all.

Oh dude...I'm on board. We goin' juggernaut mode if we just get some SP love. It might not be this season...but 2021 that butthead Sano and his Twins are going to be standing on the tracks as the Sox train is coming through.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...I know this excuse du jour probably has some...legs (oh yes I did)...but I never bought big into the excuses. Whatever it is, I hope he figures it out so we can go into juggernaut mode.
I think it's less an excuse and more an explanation. We've been seeing it with our own eyes. He just doesn't look the same. Even in his horrible '18 season, he still looked fit and healthy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's less an excuse and more an explanation. We've been seeing it with our own eyes. He just doesn't look the same. Even in his horrible '18 season, he still looked fit and healthy.

Yeah...Who knows with COVID? Hopefully it isn't permanent...If it is that would suck.

*troll mode activated*

How long of a leash should we give him for this "explanation?" *shrugs* If he's never the same...Trade. Trade now. We don't want to get reverse Chris Sale'd with him unable to perform year after year despite having talent. I know you guys hate that sh*t.

*troll successful fist pump*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Who knows with COVID? Hopefully it isn't permanent...If it is that would suck.

*troll mode activated*

How long of a leash should we give him for this "explanation?" *shrugs* If he's never the same...Trade. Trade now. We don't want to get reverse Chris Sale'd with him unable to perform year after year despite having talent. I know you guys hate that sh*t.

*troll successful fist pump*
He might not really be the same for the rest of the season, especially if they don't rest him on IL for a period of time. But I'm trusting there will be no long term effects, so at least by my timeline, I expect the 2019 version of Moncada ready to perform in full kick ass mode by the start of next year's campaign.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not really be the same for the rest of the season, especially if they don't rest him on IL for a period of time. But I'm trusting there will be no long term effects, so at least by my timeline, I expect the 2019 version of Moncada ready to perform in full kick ass mode by the start of next year's campaign.

So putting a pink slip in his locker with "bienes dañados" written on it is out I presume?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So putting a pink slip in his locker with "bienes dañados" written on it is out I presume?

LOL - You're going "next man up" on us.

How about a resurrection of Jake Burger on 3rd base - just a Schaumberg away?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - You're going "next man up" on us.

How about a resurrection of Jake Burger on 3rd base - just a Schaumberg away?

I had to look him up.

What in the hell? Did that chubby QB back in the day from Kentucky have a kid?

Apparently we like 3rd basemen with junk in the trunk.