• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox vs. KC Royals - for the Division Lead

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitcher called Grandal's bluff and struck him out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great play be Vaughn on the catch in LF. He and Medick both manage to look like outfielders on defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had to step away for a zoom meeting .... looks like giolito settled down.
He wasn't sharp - he didn't have his KO game going, but pitched his way through.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give catchers a pass when they're helping Rodon & Cease do what they're doing.

I'd like him to be at .225 - .230 by time playoffs arrive though.

Things that you don’t want to hear about top paid players on your team for $500 Alex...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that you don’t want to hear about top paid players on your team for $500 Alex...
Alex is not here anymore....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Bummer so sharp

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if he spent an extra hour in the cage instead of game planning with his pitchers do you think his effects on our number of wins would be higher? There's only so many hours in the day, I believe a catcher should focus on the biggest determining factor and that's game managing his battery mates. Just my opinion, I respect yours, maybe he's overpaid, I feel good for the guy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if he spent an extra hour in the cage instead of game planning with his pitchers do you think his effects on our number of wins would be higher? There's only so many hours in the day, I believe a catcher should focus on the biggest determining factor and that's game managing his battery mates. Just my opinion, I respect yours, maybe he's overpaid, I feel good for the guy.

Ain't gonna be no Yasmani Grandal night with him rollin' off into the sunset on a Harley...That's all I'm sayin'...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There's 26 players on the team, and not every one will be paid the right amount for their production, nor will all 26 be killing it at the same time. You can't be great at every position.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think i'd bench yasmani .. maybe send him down. .113 hitting 5th! this is going to be one of the worst deals the sox have ever pulled. can't hit; can't catch .... absolutely worthless imo.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't gonna be no Yasmani Grandal night with him rollin' off into the sunset on a Harley...That's all I'm sayin'...
tenor.gif

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think i'd bench yasmani .. maybe send him down. .113 hitting 5th! this is going to be one of the worst deals the sox have ever pulled. can't hit; can't catch .... absolutely worthless imo.
what bothers me most is, they have to play him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He ain't going anywhere. I figured he'd matter less because our lineup is pretty stacked...but with Eloy and Robert out it will stand out more.

It's not really. I'm well on record to state the whole pitch framing/work with pitchers/intangibles thing is a fraction of a fraction of a percent on actual output wins vs losses. What this guy is doing at the plate could be matched by any AAA player with a mindset to taking pitches and being patient. FFS, just get a guy that's like 5'6 out there and have him choke up and take a bunch...He could match Grandal. The detriment on offense is far and away affecting us more than the additions that can't truly be quantified. A straight swap for any of the catchers in the top 15 of batting in MLB thus far this season would be a vast improvement with little or no impact on our (EXCEPTIONAL) pitching. Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, whatever the hell that thing is that sold its soul to the devil wearing Carlos Rodon's Jersey...These men are professionals and studs and would be rocking the house just fine with an average level hitting catcher...Zero doubt in my mind...So no...It's...Not...Okay...but it's what we got so it is what it is. But I will cry/whine from time to time if it gets so ridiculously bad that it's impossible not to.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't going anywhere. I figured he'd matter less because our lineup is pretty stacked...but with Eloy and Robert out it will stand out more.

It's not really. I'm well on record to state the whole pitch framing/work with pitchers/intangibles thing is a fraction of a fraction of a percent on actual output wins vs losses. What this guy is doing at the plate could be matched by any AAA player with a mindset to taking pitches and being patient. FFS, just get a guy that's like 5'6 out there and have him choke up and take a bunch...He could match Grandal. The detriment on offense is far and away affecting us more than the additions that can't truly be quantified. A straight swap for any of the catchers in the top 15 of batting in MLB thus far this season would be a vast improvement with little or no impact on our (EXCEPTIONAL) pitching. Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, whatever the hell that thing is that sold its soul to the devil wearing Carlos Rodon's Jersey...These men are professionals and studs and would be rocking the house just fine with an average level hitting catcher...Zero doubt in my mind...So no...It's...Not...Okay...but it's what we got so it is what it is. But I will cry/whine from time to time if it gets so ridiculously bad that it's impossible not to.
Like I said above, nobody has above average hitters at every position.