• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Blue Jays

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep saying we killed in that trade and I’m still skeptical. But really the results can’t be determined until after the playoffs this season and (hopefully) next.
i get that time is what matters but i'm not blind to what i see from this team every day either.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hernandez is showing me nothing at 2nd base. i don't see him as contributing and in madrigal we had a guy to fill a spot that needed shoring up for years and now it's gone! sox aren't new to this kind of shit. where are james shields, jeff samardzjia, francisco liriano, and alex colome now? we know where fernando tatis, jr., marcus semien, chris bassett, eduardo escobar, and omar narvaez are.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hernandez is showing me nothing at 2nd base. i don't see him as contributing and in madrigal we had a guy to fill a spot that needed shoring up for years and now it's gone! sox aren't new to this kind of shit. where are james shields, jeff samardzjia, francisco liriano, and alex colome now? we know where fernando tatis, jr., marcus semien, chris bassett, eduardo escobar, and omar narvaez are.
Maybe the Sox heard you when you complained that Madrigal didn't have the arm to play 2nd base. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, a dub is a dub is a dub. But we needed to stop the bleeding, so this one carried a bit more importance than usual. Still, I wish we'd quit leaving so many runners stranded. Good job by Cease tonite. I said it before and I'll repeat it. While I have little doubt that TLR will go with the experienced Keuchel as the 4th starter in the playoffs (of course that's assuming Rodon is back in the mix), there is zero doubt that Cease has the superior goods.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Sox heard you when you complained that Madrigal didn't have the arm to play 2nd base. ;)
he's not a great fielder. but he can handle the position as good as hernandez.

and i doubt the sox listen to anyone here! :lalala:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unlike the ballplayers you criticize - your posts here are characterized by impeccable consistency. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure about that. Pretty much from the outset of the offseason, I was openly demanding on this board that Hahn pursue a trade for Lynn. And for whom did he trade.........need I say more? :postwhore2:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know RBIs aren't supposed to mean anything these days but Abreu gonna have over 100 before the end of August and that's pretty baller

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito pitches tonight. You have got to hand it to him - with his ERA now below 3.00 and pitching most effectively in his more recent starts. Giolito was interviewed in the Athletic - and made the point that he had success pairing his high fast ball with his high change up - for two years. This year - according to Giolito teams started to hunt his change up - which was proven as an effective strategy playing the Red Sox at Fenway. Lately - Giolito has started using his slider as his out pitch. He has a late breaking slider -so it can look like his changeup - until it breaks. This tactic has put the hitters in the league back on their heals batting against Giolito again.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know RBIs aren't supposed to mean anything these days but Abreu gonna have over 100 before the end of August and that's pretty baller

RBI's mean plenty to those of us that don't psychoanalyze the hell out of minutiae to a point where the obvious becomes clouded. People put way too much emphasis on the little details/exceptions rather than just recognize pure production for what it is. A statistic not being all-encompassing does not mean it's not substantial. RBI's is a SUBSTANTIAL statistic. Anybody getting into triple figures in that stat in a season is balling out.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI's mean plenty to those of us that don't psychoanalyze the hell out of minutiae to a point where the obvious becomes clouded. People put way too much emphasis on the little details/exceptions rather than just recognize pure production for what it is. A statistic not being all-encompassing does not mean it's not substantial. RBI's is a SUBSTANTIAL statistic. Anybody getting into triple figures in that stat in a season is balling out.

inb4Adamf*ckingDunn though....Screw him and his 96/86 ribbie years. Guy could power the country for a year with all the whiffs he had for us...Just have him take BP next to a few wind turbines...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu holdsthe respect of his teammates - he driven to produce on the field - made himself into a top defensive 1st baseman - never seems to make a mental error with the ball in play - produces consistently - shows exceptional flexibility and plays with pain. He's a fan's dream player.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito pitches tonight. You have got to hand it to him - with his ERA now below 3.00 and pitching most effectively in his more recent starts. Giolito was interviewed in the Athletic - and made the point that he had success pairing his high fast ball with his high change up - for two years. This year - according to Giolito teams started to hunt his change up - which was proven as an effective strategy playing the Red Sox at Fenway. Lately - Giolito has started using his slider as his out pitch. He has a late breaking slider -so it can look like his changeup - until it breaks. This tactic has put the hitters in the league back on their heals batting against Giolito again.
say what?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI's mean plenty to those of us thon the little details/exceptionsat don't psychoanalyze the hell out of minutiae to a point where the obvious becomes clouded. People put way too much emphasis People put way too much emphasis on the little details/exceptions rather than just recognize pure production for what it is. A statistic not being all-encompassing does not mean it's not substantial. RBI's is a SUBSTANTIAL statistic. Anybody getting into triple figures in that stat in a season is balling out.

Nomar Mazara was certainly not "balling out" in 2017 with his -0.3 WAR and 101 RBI's.

People put way too much emphasis on the little details/exceptions

Actually, the entire point of sabermetrics and advanced data is that it ignores "exceptions" and focuses on the general rule and outcomes over the long term.

Also, no one is saying that having a lot of RBI's won't come as a result from a "baller" season. It's just an inferior statistic to many other pieces of data. There's a lot of grey areas and variables out of the players control which could work both for him or against him over the course of a season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet once again, the pen, which for just about all of us was considered the strongest unit on this team prior to the start of the season, has let us down.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet once again, the pen, which for just about all of us was considered the strongest unit on this team prior to the start of the season, has let us down.
It’s not just the pen. Our starting pitching has been very suspect in recent times. Dontcare if games don’t matter…Our pitching needs to be much much better in every facet outside of basically Lance Lynn…