• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which young player are going to become stars this year?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 Pro Bowlers last year as Rookies and we have 13 from the 2014 class and 23 from 2013.

So we are probably looking at 5-10 young players stepping up this year to become stars at the least. Who do you got?

I've got a few.

Devonta Freeman, RB Falcons...kid is a very natural runner, receiver and blocks his position well for a guy of small stature.

Desmond Trufant, CB Falcons...although this will be his 4th season, but he's quietly one of the best cover CBs in the league. Typically draws WR1 every week.

Stephon Tuitt, DE Steelers...2nd on the team in sacks...Heyward is the better known player, but in the DIV, Tuitt is quickly becoming recognized as a stud on the other side.

Mike Evans, WR, Bucs...just needs to find the endzone more this yr and he will be pro bowl cailber.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts so which side you on Bosa's of the front office?
I'm not on the Chargers' side, Bosa is asking for what every 3rd overall pick in recent years has gotten. They've tried to work it out with the signing bonus or offset language, but this front office won't agree to either. That said, I'm also wondering if Bosa getting the signing bonus by the end of the first year is worth all the time he's missed in training camp and gonna miss in a preseason game or games. Also, his mom should have really kept her mouth shut because saying they should have pulled an Eli does nobody any favors and just makes it worse. In the end, I'm more with Bosa than the Chargers but I'm sick of both sides and the entire holdout in general. Bosa needs to get his ass to training camp and the Chargers need to get off their high horses and agree to compromise.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I like him. He could play better than Norman

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another first year:

Jordan Howard for the Bears- I liked this kid coming in, Zek and what's his name from Bama got the hype, but I think this Howard kid can be very good, of course behind an Oline that can block

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on the Chargers' side, Bosa is asking for what every 3rd overall pick in recent years has gotten. They've tried to work it out with the signing bonus or offset language, but this front office won't agree to either. That said, I'm also wondering if Bosa getting the signing bonus by the end of the first year is worth all the time he's missed in training camp and gonna miss in a preseason game or games. Also, his mom should have really kept her mouth shut because saying they should have pulled an Eli does nobody any favors and just makes it worse. In the end, I'm more with Bosa than the Chargers but I'm sick of both sides and the entire holdout in general. Bosa needs to get his ass to training camp and the Chargers need to get off their high horses and agree to compromise.

The Chargers look bad here, no question, but they're not breaking any rules...I have to support their right to run a shitty operation if that's what they want to do.

Agree 100% on the mom...STFU, and we all know the Chargers are this way...including the agent, so he;s doing his client a disservice imo trying to force the issue with this team.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keanu Neal :hope:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a few.

Devonta Freeman, RB Falcons...kid is a very natural runner, receiver and blocks his position well for a guy of small stature.

Desmond Trufant, CB Falcons...although this will be his 4th season, but he's quietly one of the best cover CBs in the league. Typically draws WR1 every week.

Stephon Tuitt, DE Steelers...2nd on the team in sacks...Heyward is the better known player, but in the DIV, Tuitt is quickly becoming recognized as a stud on the other side.

Mike Evans, WR, Bucs...just needs to find the endzone more this yr and he will be pro bowl cailber.
By all accounts Trufant is already a star. Mike Evans is really close and doesn't need much at all to be a top player. I could see all of those guys making a pro bowl in the near future.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts Trufant is already a star. Mike Evans is really close and doesn't need much at all to be a top player. I could see all of those guys making a pro bowl in the near future.

Freeman was in the Pro Bowl last season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Trufant got in LY as an alternate...not a lot of people seem to know about this kid though. I think we'll see Freeman's touches decrease some this yr in lieu of Tevin Coleman who they say is looking great in camp and showed glimpses LY...when he held on to the ball.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff goes to the Pro Bowl after the first 64 Quarterbacks selected, decline the invitation

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett.

The kid was dynamic as a returner in the early season last year and developed into a threat at WR as the year went on.

If healthy, he could really blow up this year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers look bad here, no question, but they're not breaking any rules...I have to support their right to run a shitty operation if that's what they want to do.

Agree 100% on the mom...STFU, and we all know the Chargers are this way...including the agent, so he;s doing his client a disservice imo trying to force the issue with this team.
He wouldn't be the first high draft pick to not get either if the Chargers got their way, so it's not some completely new way of dealing with these contract terms even if I don't like it. Bosa might just be listening to the agent but it's costing him valuable time in training camp. This kid needs to get with his team and get ready for game action including preseason. The Chargers and his agent are playing a game of chicken and I don't know if either side is prepared to lose.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett.

The kid was dynamic as a returner in the early season last year and developed into a threat at WR as the year went on.

I had him in the 'already blew up' category

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a few.

If Coleman can fix his fumbling issue I don't know if Freeman's job is very secure. Devonta fell off pretty hard after that great start to the year and I think Coleman is the better of the two.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to pick one player on each side of the ball for the Chiefs, I'd probably throw a dart at Chris Conley as the X receiver. Spent time (along with Albert Wilson) with Maclin to refine his craft and has all the physical tools to succeed as a WR in the NFL.

Chris Jones in a rotating in the D-line. He looks as strong as an ox from what I have seen of him, and imo, he can simply overpower some of the weaker lineman in the NFL.

Across the league I'd probably pick Sammie Coates and Kevin Johnson.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett.

Lockett on offense, and Frank Clark on defense. I think Clark has the tools to become a star in this league. Carroll already stated that he made a mistake in not playing Clark more last year, and is going to play him all over the place this year. I think that Clark's biggest value this year will be at LEO. I'm expecting a big leap in terms of Clark' production.