• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team were you a fan of, before the Seahawks were created?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure harold didn't expect many responses that matched his intent as most of the hawks fans are too young to remember pre '76 football in Seattle. Not that many of us up here I don't think.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am ashamed to say but i did not become a fan till the Seahawks were created. I was to young but i did become a fan of 2 teams when i did start watching football. The Seahawks and the Cowboys. Hey the only reason i liked the Cowboys was because i was so very young and i was still playing Cowboys and Indians, no joke. I out grew them just as i out grew playing Cowboys and Indians lmao. See when you get older you get smarter unless you are still a Cowboy fan :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have loved to watch Steve Largent. I was too young when he played.

I became a bandwagon fan of the 49ers in the late 80s, when I first started getting into sports. I have been a fan of them ever since. So, I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and hardly anybody here is a 49er fan. It's all GB, CHI, KC, MIN, and some DET and STL. Basically teams in surrounding states.

I live in Cedar Rapids now, I moved here about 6 months ago. All my co-workers are mostly Packers and Chiefs fans. They are all mostly pleasant about it. It still seems like a sub-specie tho to the almighty Hawkeyes. I really love the college sports spirit here.

To get back on topic: I followed the Chiefs when Okoye played with Montana at the helm for a brief. We had a very dark era those years in Sehawkville. I started watching football when the Seahawks were created in '77. I was 8. years old.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chargers were a team I really liked to watch before I became a diehard Hawk fan. Fouts and Co. were fun to watch!

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have loved to watch Steve Largent. I was too young when he played.

I became a bandwagon fan of the 49ers in the late 80s, when I first started getting into sports. I have been a fan of them ever since. So, I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and hardly anybody here is a 49er fan. It's all GB, CHI, KC, MIN, and some DET and STL. Basically teams in surrounding states.

Largent was the man back in the day! Nobody could figure out why he was so good:noidea:! lol He was small and slow, but he could juke you right out of your cleats!!:doh:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a die hard Seahawks fan since I can remember and that will never change. Since I live in South Jersey I'm also an Eagles fan unless they play the Seahawks.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were already 10 years old when I was born, so I've never rooted for anyone aside from them. However I did get into Seahawks fandom pretty late compared to other sports. I remember following the Mariners and Sonics in the early 90's when I was 6 or 7, but the first year I really started following the Seahawks was 1998. Of course my dad's been a die hard since the team's inception, so they were always on before that I just didn't really watch football before then.

My dad was a Rams fan before the Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Cedar Rapids now, I moved here about 6 months ago. All my co-workers are mostly Packers and Chiefs fans. They are all mostly pleasant about it. It still seems like a sub-specie tho to the almighty Hawkeyes. I really love the college sports spirit here.

To get back on topic: I followed the Chiefs when Okoye played with Montana at the helm for a brief. We had a very dark era those years in Sehawkville. I started watching football when the Seahawks were created in '77. I was 8. years old.
Cedar Rapids you say. I guess that means we won't attending games together this year. Glad we had a chance to attend some together last year.:suds:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy ( and the rest of the team) are what got me hooked on football when I was a kid. He's the reason I started watching the NFL and eventually led me the Hawks in about 1997. Seahawk fan ever since.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been around since '82, so I've only ever rooted for the Hawks.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in 1972, so only the the Hawks which I became consciously aware of around 1978 or so. Ground Chuck, the real Curt Warner, etc.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks of course,i remember seeing the Dome being built for the main reason of bringing a NFL team to the Pacific Northwest (Conventions too).

On December 5, 1974, the NFL awarded Seattle an expansion franchise to occupy the new stadium; the team would later be named the Seattle Seahawks.[6] Construction lasted another two years, and the stadium held an opening ceremony on March 27, 1976.[7] It hosted its first professional sporting event on April 9 of that year, a soccer match between the Seattle Sounders and New York Cosmos of the North American Soccer League.

My father took me to that game.

As far as a team i watched often before the Hawks it was the Vikings with one of my older brothers,after the Hawks he remains a Vikes fan today.

The Hawks first name to be kicked around was the Kings,glad that got scrapped.

KINGS-OUT-FOR-SEATTLE.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice bit of trivia DoubleJive.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised by two football fan parents on Oahu. We would go to University of Hawaii games growing up, and the Hula and Pro-bowls every year. My parents had a season tickets package that covered them all.

I remember following the west coast NFL teams by Jr high and high school.

I moved to Seattle in 1992 and was an instant fan of the Seahawks and Huskies. I later attended UW so I'm now an alum and bleed purple and gold. But I also bled Seahawks colors as well. They will be my teams for the rest of my days, even if I move back to Hawaii which is likely in the next couple years.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just thought i would toss that in there Harold.

Regent once you are Purple and Gold,you are always purple and gold.:nod:

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Johnny U in his last years and thought the Colts were a cool team. I liked the Dolphins with Bob Griese a lot. Became a Seahawks fan when they started making the playoffs in the early 80's and have followed ever since then.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born after the Hawks came around.

When I was a kid our house's football concerns revolved 90% around the Huskies, always lots of people around on saturdays, food, drinks, etc., the games were events. So while the Hawks were on TV on Sunday, it was kind of just background noise. It wasn't until I started playing football in school and wanted to watch it more and more did I start following the Hawks. That was right at the end of the dark ages, start of the Holmgren era.