• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team has a better future......New York or Cleveland?

Who has a better future?

• NY Knicks

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly- if i had to bet on who is the best player long term of Sexton, Okoro, Toppin, Barrett and Garland------ I would put my money on Okoro.

he has all the tools to be a 2 way player. He has the athleticism. He has the work ethic and drive and team first attitude.

Everyone else on this list has some kind of drawback- whether thats Sexotn and his size as a more natural 2. Toppin and his defense. Barrett and his uneven shot....

Okoro has the tools to do it all and the work ethic and basketball IQ to get there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know much about Quickly on the Knicks, other than it’s an awesome name

he may just be a quick flash in the pan, but he has really been impressive for the Knicks

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Dolan, and none of you are wrong, but this guy gives the Knicks and their fans everything they ask for. Fans wanted a trade for Carmello, he gets Mello, fans wanted him to sign and keep Mello, done. Fans got excited over the possibility of bringing in Phil Jackson, he goes and does it, becomes a disaster. He is willing to sign any big name player willing to come here, they never reject the Knicks over a lack of interest

it’s just crazy, Dolan owns the Rangers, and it’s as sound and functional an organization as any in the NHL, Good leadership, star and non star players always wanting to play there.
Weirdest thing

Dolan doesn’t speak to the media, and doesn’t allow his executives to speak to the media, so I think a big part of his reputation is created by a media that obviously doesn’t like his ways

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they have had some good seasons and not attracted FAs. Not sure that Dolan factor ever changes as long as he is there.

That's what makes it close, imo. Just based on destination, there should be no question that the Knicks have the brighter future, just off their ability to attract FA's. But Dolan levels the playing field considerably.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What possesses anyone to think the New York Knick Organization is a stable one enough to put this question/vote out there?

LOL! They have gotten rid every top draft pick they had in last 15 years. They have been a win it all now kerapp org. How can you possibly compare the two?

Hello McFly...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Sexton
2. Okoro
3. Toppin
4. Barrett
5. Garland

I think the Knicks would prefer Toppin than Barrett at this point. And Okoro just went over Toppin the draft- though they were close. I think i take the wing that can play defense with the work ethic Okoro has.

Sexton is already a big time scorer and shooter and has proven himself. He is the clear #1. Garland's first weak year hurts him- but how he has played has really been much much better this year. Really- 2-5 could flip multiple times over the next few years. I think Sexton has done a solid enough job to be solidly #1 on this list at this point.
Guess could say NY preferred Toppin to Okoro and at this point cannot say they'd be wrong if they did. If he got his head on straight, Porter might go top 5...big if, though, if we are still sitting him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and honestly- if i had to bet on who is the best player long term of Sexton, Okoro, Toppin, Barrett and Garland------ I would put my money on Okoro.

he has all the tools to be a 2 way player. He has the athleticism. He has the work ethic and drive and team first attitude.

Everyone else on this list has some kind of drawback- whether thats Sexotn and his size as a more natural 2. Toppin and his defense. Barrett and his uneven shot....

Okoro has the tools to do it all and the work ethic and basketball IQ to get there.
You could end up being right about this, but hard to put him over Sexton as we have seen what I might call elite scoring from him (or just below elite). Not many young guards I can think of who could score AND shoot like he has. Not one of those situations where he only scores on a bad team and is something like 9-26 from the field most games.

But I hope you are right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Dolan, and none of you are wrong, but this guy gives the Knicks and their fans everything they ask for. Fans wanted a trade for Carmello, he gets Mello, fans wanted him to sign and keep Mello, done. Fans got excited over the possibility of bringing in Phil Jackson, he goes and does it, becomes a disaster. He is willing to sign any big name player willing to come here, they never reject the Knicks over a lack of interest

it’s just crazy, Dolan owns the Rangers, and it’s as sound and functional an organization as any in the NHL, Good leadership, star and non star players always wanting to play there.
Weirdest thing

Dolan doesn’t speak to the media, and doesn’t allow his executives to speak to the media, so I think a big part of his reputation is created by a media that obviously doesn’t like his ways
Fair points, but one could argue listening to fans is not the best way to go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but James Dolan

To continue (ran outside the time limit to edit, lol):

Both teams have upside, but it's tough to build a team around a bunch of young players. You really need to land a veteran leader or two, possibly trading some of that youth. I often think where the Lakers might be if they hadn't shed their youngsters (mostly because of Ingram), but is this a contending team? Obviously they would've had a better pick in this year's draft, but I'll leave that out.

PG: Lonzo Ball, Jordan Clarkson, Darius Garland (rumored to be their pick if not in Davis trade)
SG: D'Angelo Russell, Talen Horton-Tucker
SF: Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma
PF: Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr
C: Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant

Looks like a great collection of younger talent, but do they work together? And of course, as extensions come due, some will be lost to free agency as decisions have to be made.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted for the Cavs. The Brickbockers jackass owner's a jinx.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes it close, imo. Just based on destination, there should be no question that the Knicks have the brighter future, just off their ability to attract FA's. But Dolan levels the playing field considerably.
What the...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the...

Not really that difficult to grasp. Because they're located in NY, the Knicks should be a destination franchise for young millionaires. But, they have a terrible owner that players don't want to play for. So, that's puts them in the company of teams that aren't in destination cities.

Thus, the Cavs who are not in a destination city...but have an owner who will spend money and a solid GM, have a future that is at least a bright as the Knicks and maybe brighter.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really that difficult to grasp. Because they're located in NY, the Knicks should be a destination franchise for young millionaires. But, they have a terrible owner that players don't want to play for. So, that's puts them in the company of teams that aren't in destination cities.

Thus, the Cavs who are not in a destination city...but have an owner who will spend money and a solid GM, have a future that is at least a bright as the Knicks and maybe brighter.
Yea it’s very difficult to grasp considering the Knicks have solely relied on free agency for the past 15 years and have failed miserably at it!

the only thing you got right there is the Knicks SHOULD be the destination franchise , clearly they are not. And it’s more than just Dolan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all depends on how the Knicks use their cap space and who the Cavs get in the next draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever it is- Knicks are likely to be better in the next year or two

especially because the free agent class is pretty mediocre

in 2-3 years--- if the Cavs land a top 5 pick and add that to Sexotn, Okoro, Garland.......thats the base of a team that can grown into something.

guys like Nance and Osman and Randle and Robinson are solid enough- but game changers on either roster?

you gotta look towards the young guys.

i think the Knicks are likely to go into restricted freea gency and maybe target one specific guy this offseason-- and roll over the rest till the following year.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks window has closed. Durant and
Kyrie would have put the Knicks back on the map. This org. Is done for years to come. Don’t see how you can see this any other way . Melo was the last superstar caliber player here, you see what the media did to him, as to what he also did to himself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are in the Thibs honeymoon period, give it a few years and half your team will be disgruntled and tired of his act. Then the team falls apart.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs really hit a home run with the Harden deal.

They basically added another core piece and high level young player for a late first round pick.

Now the Cavs have all these players - and each are either 22 or under

PG- Garland
SG- Sexton
SF- Okoro
SF- Porter
PF- Windler
C- Allen

right now Jarret Allen is:
11th in the NBA in rebounding.
He is 11th in the NBA blocks.
He plays less than 27 minutes per game.
He is 22 years old.
He is 3rd in the league in field goal % at 67%.

they added a high level young player for a late first round pick that has already proved himself and will only get better with more development and age.

Garland, Sexton, Okoro, Allen are 4 young guys 22 years old or less who are starting to form a very solid core for the Cavs.

The Knicks- if they hit home runs with their cap space- maybe they will have an argument- but at this point i would have to see it to believe it.

Toppin, Mitchell, Barrett dont come close to the Cavs young players at this point.