• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which "rumour" do you want?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a few rumours that you may or may not read about.Which one do you feel is best?

Bobby Ryan-5.1 mil cap hit-have to give up d-man help

Shea Weber-7.5 mil cap hit(too pricey IMO)and would have to give up too much.

Lubomir Visnovsky-5.6 mil cap hit-35 yrs old(need younger guys,not rentals IMO)

Ryan Suter-3.5 mil cap hit-26 years old*This is the deal I want Holmgren to make.

Jack Johnson-4.3 mil cap hit-has 7 year contract and has been underacheiving so far

Tim Gleason-2.7 mil cap hit-stay at home,scrappy d-man

Anyone else I didn't mention?I know Roy's name has been thrown out,but the Flyers don't need forwards.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind having Gleason or Weber if we are really goona go for it this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ok with any deal that doesn't involve schenn, couturier, giroux or our 1st round pick.

the only way i'm ok with moving any of those is if its schenn and a 1st for weber.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned him the other day, and he was brought up on the general. Hal Gill. Cheaper than other options, just as solid. (Kinda)

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree about hal gill. only move i really want them to make is for hal gill, i could definitely see homer giving up a 2nd or knowing him a 1st, for hal gill. i want them to pursue suter or weber in the offseason, but no need to give up that much for him now.

i'd be perfectly fine with a defense looking like this:

timonen - coburn
carle - gill
mez - gustaffson

although we DO need to get a young stud d-man at some point in the near future.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a few rumours that you may or may not read about.Which one do you feel is best?

Bobby Ryan-5.1 mil cap hit-have to give up d-man help

Shea Weber-7.5 mil cap hit(too pricey IMO)and would have to give up too much.

Lubomir Visnovsky-5.6 mil cap hit-35 yrs old(need younger guys,not rentals IMO)

Ryan Suter-3.5 mil cap hit-26 years old*This is the deal I want Holmgren to make.

Jack Johnson-4.3 mil cap hit-has 7 year contract and has been underacheiving so far

Tim Gleason-2.7 mil cap hit-stay at home,scrappy d-man

Anyone else I didn't mention?I know Roy's name has been thrown out,but the Flyers don't need forwards.

Bobby Ryan's asking price is supposedly a top prospect and 2 first rounders.

Shea Weber is going to cost a ton with or without a contract, think 1-2 top end prospects and 2 first rounders.

Lubomir Vishnosky- if he didn't have a year left on his contract after this one he would be an interesting option, I'm wondering what Ana wants in return for him at this point.

Ryan Suter is going to take a top prospect and a 1st on the low end and he has no contract.

Jack Johnson I think this could be an interesting option since LA needs offensive help desperately. The fact that he hasn't achieved to the level of what he was predicted to be the far so he is value may not be all that high & he doesn't have an NTC/NMC.

Tim Gleason is definite no form me if they want more then a 2nd or a mid- ranged prospect(think a good phantoms player).

Now with all of that said I would like to see them make 2 moves. First off I would like to see them go out and get a top 4 d-man without giving up the farm(with that list I think Johnson may be the most realistic in that regard). The 2nd move I would like for them to try to make is bribing in Bobby Ryan(if he's still available). Now how would we go about doing this some of you may ask. Well it would take a lot of creativity to start with.

1. Johnson- To get JJ I would try to entice the Kings into taking Briere to start. They're a team that is supposedly destined for the playoffs and need to make a splash who desperately need offensive help and they constantly miss out on the big name FA's. Briere may be a good fit for this team he's had some PP success with Richards and would be a much more talented top 6 forward then some of the guys they currently have and could really help them in that tight Western conference for playoff spots.

2. Ryan- The Ducks are going to want a package that is going to help them build for the future and re-tool some which means they'll be asking for the moon and the stars. However if a package of something like one of Carle/Coburn, Matt Read, & a 2013 2nd. Obviously that isn't the Schenn, Cooter and 2 first rounders they're looking for but it would at least start a dialogue going.

The biggest priority for Homer right now should be to ensure that they don't overspend to get short term help and give up a good building block or high pick for a rental and be worse off at the draft for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm ok with any deal that doesn't involve schenn, couturier, giroux or our 1st round pick.

the only way i'm ok with moving any of those is if its schenn and a 1st for weber.

I agree with Schenn and Cooter, but I believe we can part ways with the 1st round pick. I mean it is going to take something to get something in return. If we don't give up our best prospects, we are going to have to give this pick up. Out of the three, I choose the draft pick every time.

Out of this list, my man crush tells me to choose Bobby Ryan.

What I'd like to see is Jack Johnson. He's good and he is signed to a long but, cap friendly contract. Ideally, we sign Suter in the off season

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite rumor is Weber for Shitty straight up.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Schenn and Cooter, but I believe we can part ways with the 1st round pick. I mean it is going to take something to get something in return. If we don't give up our best prospects, we are going to have to give this pick up. Out of the three, I choose the draft pick every time.

I only meant that Homer has to make sure not to waste our 1st on a guy like Gleason who will walk after the season anyway. That kinda trade annoys the hell out of me and knowing this upcoming draft is pretty deep on defensemen I'd rather have the pick then 20-30 games of Gleason. If it's for Ryan, Suter or Weber I'm fine with giving up our first this year, if it's Weber I could see giving up the next 2 years of 1st. I'm just hoping that a. we won't have to band b. Homer won't just piss them away in a panic to get help on the back end.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep 2012 1st, trade 2013 1st. We all know the world will end by then anyway.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I only meant that Homer has to make sure not to waste our 1st on a guy like Gleason who will walk after the season anyway. That kinda trade annoys the hell out of me and knowing this upcoming draft is pretty deep on defensemen I'd rather have the pick then 20-30 games of Gleason. If it's for Ryan, Suter or Weber I'm fine with giving up our first this year, if it's Weber I could see giving up the next 2 years of 1st. I'm just hoping that a. we won't have to band b. Homer won't just piss them away in a panic to get help on the back end.

I agree. I at least hope homer isn't willing to part with a 1st for someone like Gleason or even Gill. If I'm trading a 1st, I am getting a stud in return, not a middle of the road type of player.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Luke Schenn off the table? I would still try to pursue Luke if Suter or Weber are too expensive, which we all know they will be. I think Briere could get good value. I don't want any of our rookies to go. Meaning Cooter, Schenn, and Read. I really want to hang onto JVR as well. I go back and forth on this topic. I can't make up
My mind.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only reason i say to keep that first round pick is because that 1st round pick almost guarantees that stud d-man prospect.. this years draft has about 20 first round d-men that are projected to be difference makers

so while i dont want to see schenn or coots go, if that 1st doesn't go towards acquiring a dman who can anchor our defense for 10 years, i dont wanna part w/ it

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up the next 3-4 1st rounders and (insert name(s) ) for Weber in a second.

Weber is a proven top of the shelf commodity and with the depth that we have at forward to trade......shiiiiit it's a no brainer.

I also agree with the Briere talk and everything else that was said. I just feel there's no sense in doing any half measures when a top d-man is out there to be had.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd give up the next 3-4 1st rounders and (insert name(s) ) for Weber in a second.

Weber is a proven top of the shelf commodity and with the depth that we have at forward to trade......shiiiiit it's a no brainer.

I also agree with the Briere talk and everything else that was said. I just feel there's no sense in doing any half measures when a top d-man is out there to be had.

i mean seriously what do we need first rounders for at this point? we are starting 8 rookies currently ha and still second place i may add

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we could still use that stud defensive prospect that awaz is talking about, but other than that, we don't need much if anymore young talent at all. The forwards are covered for years and even Bob is only 23 if Bryz doesn't work out long term.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean seriously what do we need first rounders for at this point? we are starting 8 rookies currently ha and still second place i may add

Well, we could still use that stud defensive prospect that awaz is talking about, but other than that, we don't need much if anymore young talent at all. The forwards are covered for years and even Bob is only 23 if Bryz doesn't work out long term.

Yep - Yep - Yep

Goddamn I hope Homer can or would pull this off..

I know I would be on cloud 9 and ordering a Weber jersey instantly if it were to happen. haha

...and fuck Lilja.....cut his ass so Shea can have his number. :madgrin: