• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which game should i go to?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the firework game tomorrow
or
ken griffey night on Saturday?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr. Easy

Who hasn't seen fireworks before?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was choosing between those two games, I'd choose the Griffey HOF game, no doubt about it. There's only going to be two opportunities to say "I was there to see Griffey honored for his contributions to the Seattle Mariners and to baseball in general". The first one is on Saturday when he gets inducted into the Mariners Hall of Fame for all he did for the Seattle Mariners as a player. The second one will be when he gets his number retired by the Mariners after being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. That's it. If you have the opportunity to go to one of those two games, you have to take it. There will be many more opportunities to see a fireworks show at the ballpark.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was choosing between those two games, I'd choose the Griffey HOF game, no doubt about it. There's only going to be two opportunities to say "I was there to see Griffey honored for his contributions to the Seattle Mariners and to baseball in general". The first one is on Saturday when he gets inducted into the Mariners Hall of Fame for all he did for the Seattle Mariners as a player. The second one will be when he gets his number retired by the Mariners after being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. That's it. If you have the opportunity to go to one of those two games, you have to take it. There will be many more opportunities to see a fireworks show at the ballpark.
yea i agree 100% the only problem is my sister doesnt care :gaah:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. Fuck Griffey. Seattle sports radio spent all day today trying to justify this meh fest, and tried to act all shocked when many called in to say this was another in a long line of timed typical Mariners cheap attempts at flogging a dead horse to put fans in the seats. It was like watching a selfish parent who abandons their spouse and kids, then comes back years later, and still expects a parent of the year honors for the previous effort. The fact he came back with nothing left in the tank to collect a paycheck makes it worse. That justifies this jerk put in a teams HOF? After while still in his prime, he demands a trade, and too make it worse, tells the team he's demanding he's traded to one specific team, thus making it the worse trade scenario possible?

It's like a "Jordan" scenario. Worshipped for his performance in his early years for the talent they presented, but an unapproachable narcissist jagoff behind the scenes, even in retirement.

Put him in teams HOF? Fine. Put him in the Reds HOF.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. Fuck Griffey. Seattle sports radio spent all day today trying to justify this meh fest, and tried to act all shocked when many called in to say this was another in a long line of timed typical Mariners cheap attempts at flogging a dead horse to put fans in the seats. It was like watching a selfish parent who abandons their spouse and kids, then comes back years later, and still expects a parent of the year honors for the previous effort. The fact he came back with nothing left in the tank to collect a paycheck makes it worse. That justifies this jerk put in a teams HOF? After while still in his prime, he demands a trade, and too make it worse, tells the team he's demanding he's traded to one specific team, thus making it the worse trade scenario possible?

It's like a "Jordan" scenario. Worshipped for his performance in his early years for the talent they presented, but an unapproachable narcissist jagoff behind the scenes, even in retirement.

Put him in teams HOF? Fine. Put him in the Reds HOF.

Bitter?

As much as I loved Randy, Bone and Edgar, Griffey is the best player in M's history. I would love to be able to go to the game, and I really don't care if it's just a ploy to get more fans to come to a game or two.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that honestly has not had a lot to celebrate in their 35 years or so I have no problem celebrating the best player in franchise history.
If you want to be bitter about him thats fine. I cant say I know exactly what happened in the 1999 off season which led to him be traded. Whether he wanted to be closer to his family, the whole Payne Stewart death theory, didnt like Safeco or whether he was at odds with Chuck and Howard. I dont know.
The way he retired in 2010 was unfortunate, I really wish he would have just hung it up after 2009 when he and Ichiro were carried of the field. I think there was false sense of hope for a playoff push when we acquired Cliff Lee and Chone Figgins that we would improve on an 85 win season.

All in all I was mere kid in 90's, I turned 9 during the summer of the 95 season and there was no bigger joy then watching Jr hit and play ball. I cant think of another player that would literally make people stop what they were doing so they didnt miss an AB of his. Ill choose to remember the good times with the Big HR's and catches at the wall rather then dwell on the negatives because this franchise has seen its fair share of negatives.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my tickets for Saturday...fireworks are nice and all but we see them twice a year (fourth of july/new years)...it's only every once and a while that we get a special moment like this

Wish it was Iwak or Felix on the mound tho...for such a special night this game needs to end with a W...hopefully saunders can pitch a good game

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand being bitter about how he left (both times), I don't quite understand the notion that this is some sort of ploy by the Mariners to get butts in seats. He was the best freaking player in franchise history and he deserves induction into the team's Hall of Fame. I don't get it... if the team had won games more frequently in the last decade, an event like this would be seen for what it is - honoring the best player in franchise history - but because the team's been mostly terrible the last 10 years, it's a ploy to get butts in seats? Someone is gonna have to explain that one to me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll be in the minority and say you should go to fireworks night.

Went to the last one and the show was really worth it, had a great time.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good fireworks show, but the lightning show I saw on my way home from the game and continue to see now is better.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my tickets for Saturday...fireworks are nice and all but we see them twice a year (fourth of july/new years)...it's only every once and a while that we get a special moment like this

Wish it was Iwak or Felix on the mound tho...for such a special night this game needs to end with a W...hopefully saunders can pitch a good game

...Did the mariners change up the rotation so Iwak would pitch on Sat!? :yahoo: