• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which former players,

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearst, Wragge, Brown, Newberry, BY, Nedney, Ulbrich

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Beasley, Bryant Young, and Moran Norris.

Also, Ulbrich and Derek Smith

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Derek Smith. All his tackles came after being dragged 8 yards downfield.

Didn't he lose vision in one eye and still managed to play for the niners?

or was that Ulbrich?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know these are current players, but here are who I am rooting for this win most:

Frank Gore - He's been here performing so consistently and has been professional throughout his time here. We take it for granted, but he has helped Hunter and LaMichael James, when an aging back could have been more selfish.

Justin Smith - He's been so underrated for so long, I don't think it was until his injury that people started to note it consistently. I mean, I'd hear praise, but it seemed in the background. He needs to win this year because he's getting up there in age.

Patrick Willis - I'm rooting for him because I feel he's soft-spoken but hits hard. His actions are his words, he doesn't speak out about himself or others much. He's confident but not overly concerned with himself or his legacy. Maybe this year has spoiled the image I had of Ray Lewis, but I now see how vocal and attention focused he seems. A lot of that can be the media, but I think he plays to it.

Colin Kaepernick - He's new and hasn't gone through the years of struggle here, but to get off on the best foot possible is a terrific thing for the future. If he can win this year, that will add years of experience to build for the future.

Isaac Sopoaga and Brian Jennings - Time spent here means something and they've done their jobs. I would love for them to get a ring before they retire. I know we feel that we can win any given year, we might not get there again before they go, however unlikely.

Andy Lee - some say, perhaps jokingly, that he was the MVP in the dark years. I don't think people would necessarily vote that way (Gore, Willis, etc.) but that stands for something in how consistently good he's been. People overlook the punter sometimes - at least the kicker can make a game-winning kick - but a game-winning punt? Yeah, it can happen, but people overlook it. The impact of consistently poor spots for the opponent is big. It worked against us last year where if the Giants punter didn't know to kick it at the newbie, we probably would have won.

Vernon Davis and David Akers - Both had great years last year and off-years this year. If they can win it, it'll be big for them. Both have heart. Davis, more tears.

Bowman and Goldson - I know they don't play the same position as Willis, at least not all the time, but there contributions have helped Willis much like Willis has helped them.

Joe Staley - Just a tough guy, though some say he played it up against the Packers or Falcons. He was man enough to talk to Harbaugh on his thoughts about the QB switch, not a popular thing to do, but he did it. I feel he's loyal to whoever the QB is and knew he'd be professional.

Alex Smith - obviously, I don't have to say much here. I just think this is his best if not only chance. He has worked hard, been professional, and a great teammate. I need his team to beat his fellow alumni Kruger.

This list was supposed to be short but I kept finding reasons to add more and more. I love this team. I obviously want Rogers, Whitner, Harbaugh (didn't include him in the above because I feel he'll have more), Iupati, Culliver, etc. to win, just the above were my focuses. Didn't know they were going to be so many.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as they played LB, it was probably both.

lol ulbrich was a good special teams guy, but his great loyalty to the team is what made me name him.